Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I present the ultimate a board wide WGAC (more proof I should be doing an uni assignment)

Hero Games 
Hero System 5th Edition Rules Questions	0.201
Hero System Discussion	 	 	1.397
Company Questions 	 	 	0.976
Online Store & Cafe Press Questions 	0.600
Legion of Heroes 	 	 	0.322
Conventions 	 	 	 	0.462

Genres 	
Champions   	 		 	2.124
Fantasy Hero	 	 	 	1.440
Star Hero 	 		 	1.231
Other Genres 	 		 	1.189

Software 	
Hero Designer	 	 	 	0.571
Herosphere  		 		0.459
Other Software & Online Resources 	0.648
Digital Hero 		 		0.591

Gaming 	
Player Finder 		 		0.492
General Roleplaying 		 	1.750

Other Forums 	
Non-Gaming Discussion 		 	4.386 

If you are wondering what a total figure is, well you are not alone. I forgot to total the above figures and then perform a WGAC on them :mad:

AI present a WGAC for the board afew hours after those figures were gathered -- shortly.

Bazza, thanks for the stat work, I love that kind of stuff!

Do you have thoughts on the WWGAC I proposed?

(hmmm - WWGAC - yes, I AM a geek I suppose...)

Zorn, I'll have to reread it. Get back to you when less busy. (if not a week, pm me to remind me.)

And about the stat work, no problems (yet, I'll tell you after my uvi exams ;) )

Grrr... I really wish you could edit polls on here.

Say, "number cruncher", what do you think about the WWGAC? This being your thread and all that inspired the whole idea of WGAC and then WWGAC?

Sorry abou tthe poll thing...I know that feeling all too well...

Two musings.

Has Zornwil seen or heard about the contents of Galactic Champions ? If so then he should know why I raise the subject.

Secondly, there are times when the force of destiny is with us. When we can do something for others. In this case, what Death Tribble can do for the hordes of NGD readers who like a particular someone. Yesterday (Tuesday 4th May) the Tribble happened on the free paper Metro left abandoned by someone else. So I had a read. But on the front page was the caption Why Eliza Dushku is looking for hot men Page 10. Now this was part of the 60 second interview spot. And she was asked about posing for Maxim and if she woulkd pose for FHM. After her brothers raised concerns about the Maxim shoot, Eliza said she would only do a shoot for FHM if it was classy, shot on a tropical island and then were hot smart men around.

You may be able to see the full interview at http://www.metro.co.uk

Only one head shot photo as well.

And if I had not found the abandoned paper I would not have known nor would I have been able to share this with you. It's destiny I tell you.

Hmmmm, now I'll have to go back to playtest and check, is it there? I"m so bad about that, I really need to spend some time on it but whenever I start on such I seem to have other things come up.

As to the second point, that's really funny.

Do yourself all a favor... in celebration of Ben's birthday, do NOT report threads for abuse in humor. You end up pissing off the wrong people. Just thought I would share before it happens to someone else.

F-ing day. I hope it is going better for you Ben than it has for me thus far.

Say, "number cruncher", what do you think about the WWGAC? This being your thread and all that inspired the whole idea of WGAC and then WWGAC?

Sorry abou tthe poll thing...I know that feeling all too well...

Honestly, I think they are an attempt to make up a number that means nothing. :snicker:

As a number cruncher, it would be more interesting to run statistical data to determine the z-scores to find out which threads deviate from the norm. But that would involve someone running a spreadsheet to maintain.

Honestly, I think they are an attempt to make up a number that means nothing. :snicker:

As a number cruncher, it would be more interesting to run statistical data to determine the z-scores to find out which threads deviate from the norm. But that would involve someone running a spreadsheet to maintain.

So what's wrong with numbers that mean nothing? Isn't that what polling and surveys are about? :D

As to threads deviating from the norm, yes, true. What would you want to track besides # posts, # posters, # posts/poster?

Column 1 would be # of posts

Column 2 would be # of posts - STDEV of Column 1

Column 3 would be # of views

Column 4 would be # of views - STDEV of Column 2

Column 5 would be z-score test for Column 2 and 4 (I can give you the formula for this if you want)

It would require every single thread ever posted if we wanted to be anally accurate or we could just stick to all threads over 100 replies.

Column 1 would be # of posts

Column 2 would be # of posts - STDEV of Column 1

Column 3 would be # of views

Column 4 would be # of views - STDEV of Column 2

Column 5 would be z-score test for Column 2 and 4 (I can give you the formula for this if you want)

It would require every single thread ever posted if we wanted to be anally accurate or we could just stick to all threads over 100 replies.

But what about # of posters? I think it's interesting to see the breadth versus depth. Well, anyway, this is probably getting too much already. Still, I might work out a handy WWGAC for fun for occasional use.

WGAC = Who Gives A Crap. It's the ratio of a thread's views to its replies, divided by 10 (because 10 views to 1 post is a decent average). The higher the WGAC, the more people give a crap about the thread. Or something.

You'll have to ask others about the variations floating around. They hurt my head. :)

-AA

Rate your first time doing the deed.

I'd give mine a 5. I got mine off, but she didn't. I felt so bad, that I gave her an extra portion of hay in the morning.

I'd give mine a 5 as well. Neither of us made it to the finish line and my knees really ached afterwards. I guess the fact that we were in the cab of her dad's pickup truck and parked in an elementary school parking lot didn't help much.

:rockon:

Gotta give my first time about an 7. She was a few years older than I was and took the time to show me the ropes (so to speak...nothin' kinky). I don't know how she'd rate it, but definitely a 7 for me. Maybe an 8. Heck, it was my first time, so at that moment it was a 10.

3, maybe. She was a devotee of the "lay there and take it" school of romance. I had very little idea what I was doing. She knew a lot more than I. Later, I thought "I can do better on my own." Thankfully, she was an anomoly.