Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I like the race card. Especially when my jockey crosses the finish line and wins me money.

So you think life is all just one big gamble, a throw of the dice, and there's no need to be productive or take any responsibilities because in the end it's all down to luck? Sheesh...with people like you around, it's no wonder the economy's going into the toilet!

why not give it a trial run, say a week?

(Another thread spun off from LRT EVER)? :)

Actually, spinning off threads from LRTE is sorta defeating the purpose, so why not do this:

Let's make all the "spin off" threads internal to LRTE. In order to do this, once it becomes obvious that we are doing a spin-off (like the "misinterpretation" thread) every time we post to this "subthread" we need to include something like this:

Spin-Off: Misinterpretation

As the first line of our response post. Sure, it'll make LRTE a little harder to read, with posts on wildly different subjects co-mingled and intermingled, but at least it'll keep LTRE growing rapidly instead of losing some of its "steam" to "child" threads. :)

Misinterpretation

Actually, spinning off threads from LRTE is sorta defeating the purpose, so why not do this:

Let's make all the "spin off" threads internal to LRTE. In order to do this, once it becomes obvious that we are doing a spin-off (like the "misinterpretation" thread) every time we post to this "subthread" we need to include something like this:

Spin-Off: Misinterpretation

As the first line of our response post. Sure, it'll make LRTE a little harder to read, with posts on wildly different subjects co-mingled and intermingled, but at least it'll keep LTRE growing rapidly instead of losing some of its "steam" to "child" threads. :)

Stop trying to censor me!!

;)

we could use the subject line...

Re: Misinterpretation

Spin Off: Misinterpretation

Stop trying to censor me!!

we could use the subject line...

Ah, the quintessential anarchist rears his ugly head! Of course society has no idea on how its members should conduct themselves...only his ideas on how to act have any validity! :mad:

The subject line is too easily overlooked, IMHO. But a single line in bold is much more easily noticed.

Ah' date=' the quintessential anarchist rears his ugly head! Of course society has no idea on how its members should conduct themselves...only [i']his[/i] ideas on how to act have any validity! :mad:

The subject line is too easily overlooked, IMHO. But a single line in bold is much more easily noticed.

Cogito ergo sum.

Which clearly proves that any individual or society which opposes my will is by definition oppressive and immoral.

So you think life is all just one big gamble' date=' a throw of the dice, and there's no need to be productive or take any responsibilities because in the end it's all down to luck? Sheesh...with people like you around, it's no wonder the economy's going into the toilet![/quote']

How dare you compare horse racing to dice rolling.

A d6 rolled is going to be a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and each of those has a 1:6 chance of coming up. Random.

Betting on a horse race is a skill. You have to take into account the age of the horse, the breed of the horse, the trainer of the horse, and the jockey. Then compare it to the 7-9 other horses and jockeys out there. I have gone to a horse race, paid for admission, purchased refreshments, and walked away with more money in my pocket then when I arrived before. Granted it was only about $2.00 but it made the day better.

Life is not a big gamble, life is about skill.

Not sure I'm following how this would work (sleep deprived, not tracking too well...).

Is this like "Questions", like from Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead?

I should know the reference but can't recall it now. Basically you ask me "Did you sleep with that man's wife?" and I reply first "Why are you so fixated on this man? I've known thousands of people and yet this man comes up again and again!" and on from there until I'm cornered somehow. I think you'd have allow reasonable questions and answers back and forth, like in reponse to the above the answer might be, "Because that man says you slept with his wife. Where were you on the night of 1/15, when his wife was out?" And so on. You'd have to disallow "no comment" or "don't recall" as they'd just kill the game. I think it might be a bit complex though.

Cogito ergo sum.

Which clearly proves that any individual or society which opposes my will is by definition oppressive and immoral.

I see, so you're the Nietzchian Superman, I take it? I always knew you were super-right-wing, but not a Nazi! I'm sickened! (okay, so now I graduated to Nazi, if the next one says Hitler, is that the winner and we reset? I think we just keep going...)

Zorn,

You can't talk about N*zis here. If Godwin's Law were to be invoked the thread would have to end, and we'd have to start all over.

So, you finally admit that you secretly want to kill this thread! S.S. will be giving you negative rep once he finds out...!

Can we have a counter thread to the misinterpretation thread?

I don't feel like deliberate misinterpretation right this moment.

Doc

I rarely do. That's going to chase me from this thread almost as quickly as a political discussion breaking out. lol

Let's see. I have some new avatar ideas. Maybe that will get everyone away from the misrepresentation idea. These three are in addition to the one I'm using.

Let's see. I have some new avatar ideas. Maybe that will get everyone away from the misrepresentation idea. These three are in addition to the one I'm using.

I like the third one.

To be honest, I'm not fond of the avatar you're using right now. I've never been fond of depictions of women without noses. It just doesn't look right to me.

Doc

I like the third one.

To be honest, I'm not fond of the avatar you're using right now. I've never been fond of depictions of women without noses. It just doesn't look right to me.

Doc

I'm not the fondest of the avatar either, which is why it took so long to ever use it. lol I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what kind of reaction I got.

So' date=' you finally admit that you secretly want to kill this thread! S.S. will be giving you negative rep once he finds out...![/quote']

So typical of you to insult SS, painting him as a negative-rep-giver. YOu and your broad brush!