Longest Running Thread EVER

Important leisure task this weekend: selecting the 24 disks (number dictated by the capacity of the CD wallet) that will get taken on the 3-week road trip.  (Other music is present on the ipod, but for annoying reasons I can't change what's on that.)  2 disks with the Brandenburg Concertos; 2 disks with the Beatles' "blue" collection; 1 disk of digitally reprocessed Glenn Miller; Enya's Watermark; John Jarvis's Whatever Works; Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow; CCR's Cosmos Factory; Yes's Fragile; Kansas's Point of Know Return; KT Tunstall's Eye to the Telescope; Camel's Breathless; Peter White's reveillez-vous; Al Stewart's Past, Present, & Future; Jackson Browne's Late for the Sky.  Eight slots remain to be chosen, paying particular attention to the wife's desires.  I have left out some thing I know she dislikes (though some of that is on the ipod).

Her tastes run to singer-songwriters.

Well, singer-songwriters in general are not my cup of tea.  My list above includes ones I am more tolerant of. 

I know the ipod is a fossil now, but it's got 800 tracks on it most of which I like, and it serves admirably as sonic armor in my bus commutes.

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

I know the ipod is a fossil now, but it's got 800 tracks on it most of which I like, and it serves admirably as sonic armor in my bus commutes.

' Sonic armor ' has a nice ring to it. I've got a micro SD card in my phone that serves the same purpose.

Well, she originally was looking for a fresh rip of a disk of Pachelbel and Fasch stuff that she hadn't copied to her new box since the power supply in her old one died.  Then she had to go through the cubic meter of jewel boxes to find the one she wanted, and I don't think she'd actually gone through it that way before.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm back.  Got home about 6:30 pm local time.  Tired; I did all the driving today, from Ontario, Oregon, to Seattle, via Maryhill and Union Gap.

I'll probably start a thread with observations, etc., from the vacation.  The first one is already in the Nice Happy thread.  

California condors were all rounded up and put under protection while I was in grad school, and I took that as a sign they'd never be free in the wild again.  I hadn't paid much attention since then, so I was surprised when my ex told while we were at her place, but I didn't set my heart on it.  Then to have one over us in a cloudless Grand Canyon morning sky was a joy I could not have imagined before it happened.

• 2 weeks later...