Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I just saved this thread from being on page 2.

You may all breathe a sigh of relief.

For now.

Hey wait - I just realized now Ben is FORCING us to post! This is like some Kafkaesque sentence!

Next he'll start a flame war...and ban someone for not joining in!

He's gone mad with power! Mad with power!

As for hot caffienated beverages, my preferance is a nice large Cambric. Which for those who do not know (including it seems most Starbucks barristas) is Earl Grey tea and steamed milk. I prefer a mix of 1/3 tea to 2/3 milk. :)

On the few occasions that I DO drink coffee based drinks, it is usually a Caramel Macchiato. Mmmmm....

EGL, or Elogant Gothic Lolita, is a fashion trend that is growing popular in Germany, Japan, and in some spots in the United States. It is exactly what it sounds like, a combination of the Gothic and Lolita look but from what I have seen, is more focused on the Gothic aspect. In fact, EGL hardly is very L at all. It looks more like a Ren style of dress but Gothic to make it more, acceptable in public. If that makes any sense.

This style is very popular and Anime Conventions for some reason and I have seen it at a couple of Ren Faires but in lower numbers.

Example provided for education purposes.

Very interesting. I didn't like this particular take on it but I can definitely imagine a good erotic combo coming out of this approach.

I'm utterly addicted to caffeine. I've got one of those 4-cup coffee makers on my desk at work and I drink a full pot every morning. I'm also a b!tch for Starbucks' white chocolate mochas. I may have to start turning tricks to continue affording them, though.

-AA

I do like white chocolate mochas, but I found Starbucks' too harsh, I prefer Torrefazione (yes, I know, Starbucks bought them not long ago - still a different blend, at least last I knew).

Ever been so scared by something that you laughed really hard?

Are you sure? ;)

Can't say that I have, and I hope I can say that on my death bed. ;)

And considering your past history of tolerance for some pretty horrid behavior, I figured you were going more for amusement than anything else. :)

Can't say that I have, and I hope I can say that on my death bed. ;)

And considering your past history of tolerance for some pretty horrid behavior, I figured you were going more for amusement than anything else. :)

I like to laugh.

Sometimes maniacally.

But it's still laughter.

Nondrinker here too. I've seen too many drunks in my day. I really don't understand what the appeal is' date=' actually. Just the bar tabs alone I can do without.[/quote']

I drink alcoholic beverages because I like what they taste like. I don't go to bars at all (allergic to cig smoke) and don't generally have more than a single drink at a resturant. I do most of the little drinking I do at parties at my/friends houses and at SCA events.

I drink when I need to relax. And one drink will usually do it. I DO NOT drink if I'm going to be driving anywhere. I've been nursing the same bottle of cinamon Schnapps for 3 months now.

Heck, I've got several bottles of scotch that I've had for years. :)

Here's something scary

http://www.thesaddlerack.com/

I'm going to this place tonight. And may very well ride the mechanical bull

Been there a few times. I'm too big for their bull.

Though the first time I went, we pull up, a couple guys stagger out the door and puke into the parking lot.

edit: Going there for the fishing?

Been there a few times. I'm too big for their bull.

Though the first time I went, we pull up, a couple guys stagger out the door and puke into the parking lot.

edit: Going there for the fishing?

Fishing? Fishing for cowboys? NO!!!!!

I was at a club last Wednesday, a friend of mine at the club said "hey we're going to the Saddle Rack to get drunk and ride the bull". How can you say no to that. I will be bringing my camera though :)

T.

Fishing? Fishing for cowboys? NO!!!!!

I was at a club last Wednesday, a friend of mine at the club said "hey we're going to the Saddle Rack to get drunk and ride the bull". How can you say no to that. I will be bringing my camera though :)

T.

Easily, but then again I'm allergic to cig smoke and abhor country music. ;):D

Easily' date=' but then again I'm allergic to cig smoke and abhor country music. ;):D[/quote']

I'm allergic to Country Music too. AND as a special treat they have their own American Idol contest on Thursday nights (holy crap what have I gotten myself into)

I mean YeeHawwww

:fear:

So not just C&W, but AMATURE C&W?!?!?!

:sick:

Depends a little. If it's more genuine/truly amateur without tremendous commercial stress, there might be some good roots country music. I think the biggest problem for C&W has been the steady homogenization that set in from its earliest pop successes in the late 1940s (an unintended result by all means of Hank Williams' success and inclusion of pop "sounds") and accelerated rapidly in the 60s through 90s.

Depends a little. If it's more genuine/truly amateur without tremendous commercial stress' date=' there might be some good roots country music. I think the biggest problem for C&W has been the steady homogenization that set in from its earliest pop successes in the late 1940s (an unintended result by all means of Hank Williams' success and inclusion of pop "sounds") and accelerated rapidly in the 60s through 90s.[/quote']

I don't generally like listening to amatures singing in musical styles that I LIKE, much less ones that I dislike. I don't think that there is anything wrong with C&W, I just don't like it. Up to and including Hank Williams. It very well may be tea, but it isn't my cuppa...

So what do you suppose these owlets are thinking?

Well Super Squirrel, I think those owlets are thinking as follows:

#1 "Hey I finally made it to the perch. Why is the outside so blue?"

#2 "This corner here is very interesting. I can see... a corner."

#3 "What's that up there. That looks interesting."

#4 "ARGH! I have no face."

Well Super Squirrel, I think those owlets are thinking as follows:

#1 "Hey I finally made it to the perch. Why is the outside so blue?"

#2 "This corner here is very interesting. I can see... a corner."

#3 "What's that up there. That looks interesting."

#4 "ARGH! I have no face."

But I thought you were encouraging derails on this thread?!?!? :D