Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

The otherday I was on a webpage and recognized the profile picture from somebody I happen to know as one of the better cosplayers out there. The profile information didn't match what I knew of the cosplayer so I emailed her and she actually sent me a reply back. It was, infact, someone pretending to be her. I just felt all honored of getting an email from her.

Oh, and apparently, this was the site the person was getting the pictures from: http://www.alisakiss.com

Just so that you guys out there have something to drool over.

Uh..."cosplayer"...?

A cosplayer is an individual who dresses up as an anime character usually for a convention, but sometimes for fanboy service.

Some of the big names are Alisa-chan, Yaya, and G-chan.

I used to a big follower in cosplay but I don't anymore.

Thanks Bill. I'll check it out when I get home then. (And you'd get some Rep' date=' but these $%^#@! rules are thwarting me)[/quote']

I closed it pretty quickly, but I did not see any nudity. Just a very scantily clad young lady. So, might be work safe for some, but not for me :)

Well *that* wasn't particularly work safe :)
Sorry about that. I haven't been to that page in a long time and the last time I was there, the pictures, while risky, were no worse that what we have in the Catsuit thread. I didn't realize she went to the "not safe for work" field.

A cosplayer is an individual who dresses up as an anime character usually for a convention, but sometimes for fanboy service.

So "cosplay" would be short for "costume play"?

"...but sometimes for fanboy service."

Uhh...does that mean what it sounds like it means, or am I really getting the wrong idea here?

So "cosplay" would be short for "costume play"?

"...but sometimes for fanboy service."

Uhh...does that mean what it sounds like it means, or am I really getting the wrong idea here?

"Fanboy" is a derogatory term for someone a male fan of anime characters that has a hard time distinguishing reality. Fanboy Service are cosplayers who dress up intentionally for the fanboys. They usually also have a boyfriend bodyguard.

Here have another Yaya picture. This is what she had on when I saw her at Otakon.

Ya know. Like Sailor Bubba. ;)

"Fanboy" is a derogatory term for someone a male fan of anime characters that has a hard time distinguishing reality. Fanboy Service are cosplayers who dress up intentionally for the fanboys. They usually also have a boyfriend bodyguard.

Yeah, I know what a fanboy is...but when you said "for fanboy service" I got a picture of something...uhm...a bit more 'intimate' in terms of 'service' and why a fanboy would really enjoy a good-looking girl dressed up as their favorite anime female.

This post of yours, including the note about the boyfriend bodyguard, explains it better. :)

This reminds me a bit of a convention I was at around 8 years ago...there was a woman walking around dressed as Tarna, the Tarakian Warrior from Heavy Metal. Authentic all-leather costume (what there was of it) and the body to pull it off. Yowza! :love:

Oh, and for reference, here is an example of g-chan who is my favorite cosplayer. Of course that probably has something to do with the fact, she has cosplayed as a Final Fantasy 5 character which no one else, to my knowledge has done. If I get rep for this post, I'll provide a direct link. :)

Guest kawaii gin neko

*pouts* i had to retire all my interesting costumes ((faye valentine, tiara from shamanic princess, etc)) once i got involved with angel cause he's so protective and like, possessive. *rolls eyes*

if i can get ahold of the gimp hampster, who should still have a pic of me in my valentine costume, i'll totally post it here, as long as no one tells angel ^_~

aaand, as far as fanboys go, i think they're cute. ^^ they follow you around and offer to buy you things and say very sweet things at you. as long as you don't let them get too out of hand, they're kinda nice to have around....

great for when you're too lazy to go get your own lunch. ^^