Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

EGL, or Elogant Gothic Lolita, is a fashion trend that is growing popular in Germany, Japan, and in some spots in the United States. It is exactly what it sounds like, a combination of the Gothic and Lolita look but from what I have seen, is more focused on the Gothic aspect. In fact, EGL hardly is very L at all. It looks more like a Ren style of dress but Gothic to make it more, acceptable in public. If that makes any sense.

This style is very popular and Anime Conventions for some reason and I have seen it at a couple of Ren Faires but in lower numbers.

Example provided for education purposes.

Guest kawaii gin neko

So who likes coffee and how do they like it?

^^ i like my coffee iced and flavored with vanilla...with whipped cream on top...if i can't get that, i'll take a smokey joe ((coffee and hot chocolate mix)) OR, just with cream and sugar if its made by a certain squirrel. ^_^

however, in social settings, i usually drink tea instead because coffe gives you, well, coffee breath, whereas tea does not. ^_^ its a more polite drink.

So who likes coffee and how do they like it?

I'm a freak. I don't drink coffee. I find the older I get, the more I like bitter tastes (dark chocolate, dark beer) but every time I try coffee I just think it's awful.

I don't smoke either. No smoke, no coffee...no wonder I never made it the professional theatre.

It's probably just as well. I don't really need another vice...

I'm a freak. I don't drink coffee. I find the older I get, the more I like bitter tastes (dark chocolate, dark beer) but every time I try coffee I just think it's awful.

I don't smoke either. No smoke, no coffee...no wonder I never made it the professional theatre.

I hate coffee. I'd rather drink soda.

Given what SS said about diabetes, I'd probably be better off quitting that.

JG

I like my coffee like I like my women -- cold and bitter :D

Coffee is my friend. I usually drink 2 to 4 14-oz. mugs a day. We get decent coffee at work, but I'm not a coffee snob, so I'll drink pretty much anything. Lots of sugar and fake creamer, until it's a nice light tan and tastes like coffee ice cream that's been melted and heated up (well, not quite, but you get the idea).

I also really like the Vietnamese coffee where they take espresso (or something else very strong) and pour it over sweetened, condensed milk. You then mix that and pour it over ice. Delicious! Anyone know exactly how to make that at home? What specific type of coffee, milk, etc.?

Espresso & Condensed milk is all you need. One place I worked we just started doing that at meetings. Made them bearable. :)

If I don't drink my coffee as Thai or Vietnamese style, I tend to just drink it black. Occasional Americano. If I have an Iced Americano, I do tend to add a spot of half & half just to watch the paterns.

I drink less than a pot a day usually now. Which is way down from when I made coffee from Black Tiger Beans (30% more caffiene) & caffienaited water. *bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

I'm much like Madstone, I never drank coffee (I don't even like the taste of coffee ice cream ::blech::) and never smoked. I've also been a tea-totaller my whole life. Good thing, too, considering how many alcoholics I have in my family - on both sides of the tree no less! Plus, my personality template is damn-near a perfect match for that of a potential alcoholic. Never tried drugs either.

I would have hated growing up in the 60s...

Well, I've been an on-again-off-again smoker for about twelve years, and started drinking about sixteen years ago. I'm not afraid of being an alcoholic because I rarely drink to excess, or even that often. I won't drink a beer by myself unless it really really sounds good. I'm actually more addicted to the social lifestyle I've developed than I am to cigarettes or alcohol. If I don't go out for a week my smoking habit dwindles greatly, and I probably won't have a sip o' booze of any kind. By way of comparison, though, on two separate vacations I probably drank every night for two weeks straight. Not always a lot, but at least a little. I guess it's as much personality as predilection.

Coffee is an incense. Smell the aroma. Don't drink the toxic sludge!

I agree that the smell is wonderful. Ironically enough, I love the smell of coffeshops and tobacco shops. Go figure.

All told I'm about 90% teetotaller. In addition to cigarettes, I've never done any kind of drugs. I do have the occasional drink, but I've never in my life been drunk. I only grew to like the occasional red wine within the last few years, and beer I have to be in the mood for. I do like my Jack and Coke, but again, I don't drink enough to get drunk.

As others have said, I've seen too many drunks. :sick: