Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

YEARS ago, my parents bought me a cedar trunk for my birthday. It was very nicely carved, finished, very smooth and pretty.

One day, there was a mass moving party, to help me and Josh move out of our burned apartment, and help our future roommates get all of their things into the moving van. It involved me, Josh, Ben, Wolf, Ben's parents (Barbara and Jim), Ben's brother Brandon, one of Brandon's friends and, at one point, my sister and some friends of hers.

While Barbara was helping me move the cedar trunk, she remarked, "Nice chest!"

I replied, "Yeah, it is nice. I got it from my parents, for my birthday. It's where I keep my sweaters."

:o

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Yes, very much like that.

The above exchange occurred while we were moving things into the van, and two people, Barbara's son and his friend, were sitting around the corner, listening. They both had to clap hands over their mouths to keep from laughing aloud when they heard the exchange.

They told me what I'd said over a late lunch. At which point, I turned scarlet, cracked up, then added on further entendres: "Yeah, it's nice and big and smooth, isn't it? The cat likes to sit on it sometimes."