Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Well, I decided not to fork over any money to the Nigerian Golden Key Foundation, but then I received an email from the Uni telling me I'd been awarded a Scholarship. Now I had never applied for a Scholarship , so I was initially suspicious - a bit like your e-mail address winning a lottery you've never entered. But I found out it's on the up-and-up - there are 10 scholarships awarded annually by the School of IT to 2nd year students based on academic merit. The downside is the money will be paid in instalments "subject to satisfactory academic progress as defined by the School" so I'll have to keep up the good work (which reminds me, I have two assignments due next week which I haven't started yet.... :angst:).

Well' date=' I decided not to fork over any money to the Nigerian Golden Key Foundation, but then I received an email from the Uni telling me I'd been awarded a Scholarship. Now I had never applied for a Scholarship , so I was initially suspicious - a bit like your e-mail address winning a lottery you've never entered. But I found out it's on the up-and-up - there are 10 scholarships awarded annually by the School of IT to 2nd year students based on academic merit. The downside is the money will be paid in instalments "subject to satisfactory academic progress as defined by the School" so I'll have to keep up the good work (which reminds me, I have two assignments due next week which I haven't started yet.... :angst:).[/quote'] Good luck on the scholarships and the assignments. what IT subjects are they?

There is now more Iceraven goodness in BOTH of the threads I've created for that purpose, and still the ideas keep coming.

If only I could be this creative with stuff I could get published writing.

Just keep writing and eventually you'll get so good at it you won't know you're being creative until after the royalty checks come in....

Network Fundamentals (Assignment 1: "How to pick an ISP for a business". I kid you not.) and "Object-Orientated Software Engineering".
Is the second one on Java cause I'm studying that this semester?

And as to the first one -- Bigpond. :winkgrin: But is should be interesting. Broadband, ADSL+. ADSL2, VoIP. If you were serving something on the web 512/512 was reccomended a while back. Then there is the video conferencing and how much data you intend to send etc.

Should be interesting. :)

Business ISP: Service level agreement!, tech support availability and quality, control over the entire link (so many ISPs resell lines from other companies that they have no control over), ability to route BGP and whatnot, availability of redundant links.

Congratulations today to Super Squirrel and Alice the Owl on their anniversary.

Despite the fact that the pair of you conspired to rob me of the election and used the powers of the Moral Majority to do it, I still wish you a happy day.

Me too, happy anniversary. May the next year be filed with much joy, happiness...and the NGD way. :)

If I could make a request.

Name,dex, spd, phases(in table),ocv,dcv,Pd/rpd, ed/red, levels

have it sort first by spd, then by dex

Just saw your post. I should be able to whip up something shortly. BTW' date=' the sorting is your responsibility from within HD.[/quote']

Here you go Tim. :D Apparently .hcr is an invalid extension so you'll need to remove the .txt off the file name.

Time capsule:

Iraqi "war".

Soul electronic hip-hop

Seinfeld went off the air a few years ago

(Wild Thing..)

What you gonna do with all that junk?...

Get you love-drunk off my hump!

The European Union is still a new thing

....this is provided for people who are visiting this thread in the year 2106! After all, this will indeed b the Longest Running Thread EVER!, running into then...

Another day, another pint of AB+ in the bank.

Ur?
He's a lecturer. He gets paid in the blood of students.

Nearly finished my first assignment - I'm 2,200 words into a report that has to be at least 2,000 words long. Some of them actually mean something. I hope.

The piano has been drinking

my necktie is asleep

and the combo went back to New York

the jukebox has to take a leak

and the carpet needs a haircut

and the spotlight looks like a prison break

cause the telephone's out of cigarettes

and the balcony's on the make

and the piano has been drinking

the piano has been drinking...

and the menus are all freezing

and the lightman's blind in one eye

and he can't see out of the other

and the piano-tuner's got a hearing aid

and he showed up with his mother

and the piano has been drinking

the piano has been drinking

cause the bouncer is a Sumo wrestler

cream puff casper milk toast

and the owner is a mental midget

with the I.Q. of a fencepost

cause the piano has been drinking

the piano has been drinking...

and you can't find your waitress

with a Geiger counter

And she hates you and your friends

and you just can't get served

without her

and the box-office is drooling

and the bar stools are on fire

and the newspapers were fooling

and the ash-trays have retired

The piano has been drinking

not me, not me, not me, not me, not me

Congratulations today to Super Squirrel and Alice the Owl on their anniversary.

Despite the fact that the pair of you conspired to rob me of the election and used the powers of the Moral Majority to do it, I still wish you a happy day.

^ v ^

Thanks. And to everyone else who chimed in, too.

Five years so far, and many more ahead of us.