Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

It's an impressive sight, but it is in the middle of nowhere, and you can only see it when you're right on top of it.

Almost as impressive was being overflown by three peregrine falcons while we were there. They fly too fast for em to have got pics of them, though.

Man does that make you want to jump in or what?

The viewpoint is well above both the top and the bottom of the falls, and while the gorge walls are steep, you don't want to try that jump. There are enough warning signs about fatal falls there that it's clearly happened a couple of times.

It is possible to get down to the water, but the ones near the viewpoint are very steep, very narrow trails through glorified cracks in the overlying basalt flows. I'd have to do some serious training and getting in shape before I could negotiate them, I think. OTOH, I think there's some other trails further downstream that must be easier to negotiate; I saw some not-very-athletic guys walking off carrying fishing tackle.

Dry Falls is an hour or so away by car; it's much larger, created by the same event, but there is not now any water flowing through them.

Well' date=' the students didn't think so. I think a few were pretty upset on their way out.[/quote']

I was meaning the sacrifice of the trees. Although like the students they probably are upset as well; being pulped that is.

Case in point: the guy who claims he got his observational data ... in the proper format described in the assignment ... five days before the first day of class, when the assignment was distributed.

Case in point: the guy who claims he got his observational data ... in the proper format described in the assignment ... five days before the first day of class' date=' when the assignment was distributed.[/quote']

As I'm sure you know, if students would be even a fraction of the effort into doing their actual class work that they put into trying to cheat, they'd generally get much better grades. :)

As I'm sure you know' date=' if students would be even a fraction of the effort into doing their actual class work that they put into trying to cheat, they'd generally get much better grades. :)[/quote']

Only clueless dweebs think that, man. Cool people cheat and enjoy it.