Art Review

winterhawk

Okay...so Acroyear really got me going yesterday and I drew out an NPC team yesterday. These are the Argonauts. They were formed by billionaire Jason Argos on the Reality TV program "So You Want To Be A Hero". Left to right: Daedalus (Powered Armor Gadgeteer), Charon (Gate Teleporter), Athena (the former female All-American mentioned in CU, Team Leader/Trainer), Arachne (MA/Gadget User), Phaeton (Light Based EBer), Back Row: Talos (Warbot with limited AI). The idea is a team uniform with obvious Grecian elements created by a marketing department. Their emblem is supposed to be the prow of the Argo. So does this work?

I like the shiny edges, the themed look, and the theme, itself. I also like how there are slight differences (not just in masks) but in the boots and such. They are just different enough to be recognizable from each other, too.

I dig on the lesser used color, as well.

Re: OOPs

Originally posted by winterhawk

Here's the Pic

Looks like a classic team in the making. For an emblem, I'd go with some kind of stylized "A". The prow of the argo is too esoteric. That's not to say that people don't necessarily know what the Argo is (though I doubt more than 30% do), but there isn't a well-known icon for it. Also, no marketing department would do something like that. Also, I'd make the gold parts lighter or more obviously gold. But you definitely went the right direction mixing black with a metallic. That gives it the right blend of sportiness with photogenic-ness.

Re: Re: OOPs

Originally posted by Supreme

Looks like a classic team in the making. For an emblem, I'd go with some kind of stylized "A".

I'll go with the Supreme one on this one. Though, I couldn't make out the detail of the A that you had as the emblem. Any chance of just seeing the emblem?

I like the look.

Re: Re: OOPs

For an emblem, I'd go with some kind of stylized "A". The prow of the argo is too esoteric.

Its the corporate logo for Argos Industires, the parent company.

Also, I'd make the gold parts lighter or more obviously gold..

Its supposed to be bronze.

Originally posted by lemming

Any chance of just seeing the emblem?

Yes