The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Do you know what really gets me about work? I do a lot of hard work, and I've pretty much bailed everyone out there several times. Management always thanks me for my hard work, but there are these little things they do that tell me I'm not really appreciated. I'm not considered for managerial positions, but I'm qualified to train the new managers. They took away my key, saying they were replacing the locks, and they haven't. Even some of my duties are given to some new talent they've hired, only to be given back when said golden boy/girl leaves. I even tried transferring to another branch, which didn't go through. I can't prove anything, but I suspect I was given a bad review. All of which leads me to believe that while they need me over there, I'm not really valuable; just convenient. Granted, the current managers are better than the previous batch, who were the most unscrupulous bastards I've ever had the displeasure of working for. But I'm still constantly getting thrown under a bus. Suddenly, unemployment doesn't sound so bad, and I know firsthand how much it sucks. And they wonder why I never want to stick around for the Christmas party.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm being unfair to them. But I've been given the shaft way too many times not to be cynical.

Do you know what really gets me about work? I do a lot of hard work, and I've pretty much bailed everyone out there several times. Management always thanks me for my hard work, but there are these little things they do that tell me I'm not really appreciated. I'm not considered for managerial positions, but I'm qualified to train the new managers. They took away my key, saying they were replacing the locks, and they haven't. Even some of my duties are given to some new talent they've hired, only to be given back when said golden boy/girl leaves. I even tried transferring to another branch, which didn't go through. I can't prove anything, but I suspect I was given a bad review. All of which leads me to believe that while they need me over there, I'm not really valuable; just convenient. Granted, the current managers are better than the previous batch, who were the most unscrupulous bastards I've ever had the displeasure of working for. But I'm still constantly getting thrown under a bus. Suddenly, unemployment doesn't sound so bad, and I know firsthand how much it sucks. And they wonder why I never want to stick around for the Christmas party.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm being unfair to them. But I've been given the shaft way too many times not to be cynical.

I'm sure all your hard work will pay off. Exactly who it will pay off for, I have no idea. If it's not you, then you have every right to be cranky as f**k-all.

I speak from experience -- did a whole lot of hard work, and it paid off for a whole lot of people. They didn't give a flying f**k.

I'm sure all your hard work will pay off. Exactly who it will pay off for, I have no idea. If it's not you, then you have every right to be cranky as f**k-all.

I speak from experience -- did a whole lot of hard work, and it paid off for a whole lot of people. They didn't give a flying f**k.

That seems to be my experience right there. It's paying off, just not for me. Unless you count more work.

This, for eleven years, only I got laid off at the end. I've kind of deprioritized work as a source of personal satisfaction and frankly if I didn't have a huge frickin' mortgage I'd have looked for a job that paid less but didn't have the same level of BS.

I am sick to bloody death of my wife losing her glasses once a week. I keep telling her to put the damned things in ONE PLACE when she takes them off, but she won't ****ing listen and we tore the whole ****ing house upside down trying to find them, and I finally found them someplace she swore up and down she'd ****ing searched with a fine toothed comb. I suggested she get a second pair, but the insurance won't cover a second pair and they're really expensive (she has multiple eye problems), wouldn't that indicate that maybe she should take some further steps to make sure she doesn't ****ing lose the ****ing things?!

I am sick to bloody death of my wife losing her glasses once a week. I keep telling her to put the damned things in ONE PLACE when she takes them off' date=' but she won't ****ing listen and we tore the whole ****ing house upside down trying to find them, and I finally found them someplace she swore up and down she'd ****ing searched with a fine toothed comb. I suggested she get a second pair, but the insurance won't cover a second pair and they're really expensive (she has multiple eye problems), wouldn't that indicate that maybe she should take some further steps to make sure she doesn't ****ing lose the ****ing things?![/quote']

Yes, extra precautions are in order.

I went through the same *&^%$#@! process this morning with my knee brace. Not quite the same as losing eyeglasses -- I don't wear it every day. But when I need it, I really need it.

Of course, I shouldn't have ***ked up my knee to begin with. Volunteering to help my Dad clear the tree across the trail across the back side of our property was a bad idea. "Yeah, it should only take an hour or so... you'll be back in time to mow your lawn." I was also going to rearrange the bedroom furniture.

Four hours later, the biggest ***king dead tree I've seen this year is still right where it started, and it's winning, having eaten one chainsaw already. The other chainsaw refuses to start. Somewhere along the way I did something to my bad knee -- I have no idea when or what. The lawn's not mowed, and the bedroom furniture is still exactly where it was yesterday.

And of course, when I got up to go to work this morning, I needed to scrounge up that *&^%$#@! knee brace and couldn't find it. Blah. I'm tired.

Three hours of sleep last night, and a manager whining about a problem on our call today that was explained weeks ago. Of course he only remembered that it was a big problem, not that it was solved and now I have to get the guy back on tomorrow to explain all over again. His response, "I don't see why we have to wait a day to get him on here." Gah!

The students were horrible today.

Try grilling them with a nice soy-garlic sauce instead instead of your usual preparation method. In the warmer months, the preparation change is well worth it.

I recently found out that the younger brother of my old group's DM has a brain tumor. :sad:

https://sites.google.com/site/borderboardgames/home/gamers-for-zach-hartwell

Looks like he's recovering, which is good. :)

I've got my walking papers printed' date=' signed, and ready for delivery.[/quote']

Hope you end with a job where they appreciate you. :)

Yes, extra precautions are in order.

I went through the same *&^%$#@! process this morning with my knee brace. Not quite the same as losing eyeglasses -- I don't wear it every day. But when I need it, I really need it.

Of course, I shouldn't have ***ked up my knee to begin with. Volunteering to help my Dad clear the tree across the trail across the back side of our property was a bad idea. "Yeah, it should only take an hour or so... you'll be back in time to mow your lawn." I was also going to rearrange the bedroom furniture.

Four hours later, the biggest ***king dead tree I've seen this year is still right where it started, and it's winning, having eaten one chainsaw already. The other chainsaw refuses to start. Somewhere along the way I did something to my bad knee -- I have no idea when or what. The lawn's not mowed, and the bedroom furniture is still exactly where it was yesterday.

And of course, when I got up to go to work this morning, I needed to scrounge up that *&^%$#@! knee brace and couldn't find it. Blah. I'm tired.

Try the Salonpas pain relieving patches. My wife and I swear by them, her for her knee, me for my feet and wrist.