The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I hate moving furniture. I'm trying to figure out how the hell I got that desk in my bedroom in the first place now; I couldn't get it out without breaking it (fortunately' date=' I was disposing of it anyway).[/quote']

I hate moving furniture too. That stuff oughta just sit still!

There is a great, empty hole in my soul. I am really feeling it tonight. Hide the credit cards, junk food, sweets and phones.

Now it's Sunday. I just woke up about a half-hour ago and the first thing I saw was a huge basket of laundry I have to put away. I think this is generally a Cranky Weekend.

My best friend from high school is going in for chemotherapy in July. He's a year older than his mom was when she passed away from cancer. And I don't think his oncologist is being straight with him by saying he'll be able to work the day after a treatment, but we'll see.

JoeG

It's okay' date=' I'm immortal.[/quote']

First thought: Well, that is kinda like having a time machine.... that can only travel one-way... and has a reeeeeaaaaalllllyyy long activation time. ;)

Second thought: Really? [starts sharpening katana] :eg:

I'm French Fried mildly. Note to self: You need Sunblock even for a half-hour in the Sun. Probably less.

Also, this is shaping up to be yet another insomnia night. My cough is bad again and I can't sleep and don't want to wake OddHat.

All this cake has put four pounds back on me. I blew my EGO roll and had another cupcake today. The last one went into the freezer.

I have to cut way, way down on the sweets. That makes me cranky. My relationship with sugar has been going on my whole life and it's an off again/on again mess.

My sympathy for your friend also, Ternaugh.

My best friend from high school is going in for chemotherapy in July. He's a year older than his mom was when she passed away from cancer. And I don't think his oncologist is being straight with him by saying he'll be able to work the day after a treatment, but we'll see.

JoeG

Ternaugh, I hope your friend comes though the treatement with minimul side effects, and cancer free.

I'm also invulnerable to swords.

But I have an anti-invulnerability sword.

Nothing too serious, just a typical Monday morning. I stopped at the local inconvenience store and the ATM insisted that I read Spanish (which I don't) so I hit Cancel (I think) and bought a 95 cent soda with my debit card, which incurred a service fee 'cuz it was less than the store minimum for debit card purchases.

And when I opened the soda, it exploded. :bounce:

Typical Monday morning.

Jennifer's Brother-in-law (and father to the young boy who helped me hang the ceiling fan) has been battling brain cancer for a while now. He took a turn for the worse and is in the hospital. Jen's sister called her last night and asked her to come home (South Carolina), so, clearly they think it's the end of a losing battle. Sadly, I cannot just take off work on a 'maybe' -- as a result, she's there and I'm here and I can do very little to comfort her (except remotely). Now it's a waiting game and part of me wishes his pain and suffering (which is severe) could end and part of me -- no, I just wish he could be at peace. There are times in this life that you can't do anything about something that sucks, no matter how bad it sucks.

Jennifer's Brother-in-law (and father to the young boy who helped me hang the ceiling fan) has been battling brain cancer for a while now. He took a turn for the worse and is in the hospital. Jen's sister called her last night and asked her to come home (South Carolina)' date=' so, clearly they think it's the end of a losing battle. Sadly, I cannot just take off work on a 'maybe' -- as a result, she's there and I'm here and I can do very little to comfort her (except remotely). Now it's a waiting game and part of me wishes his pain and suffering (which is severe) could end and part of me -- no, I just wish he could be at peace. There are times in this life that you can't do anything about something that sucks, no matter how bad it sucks.[/quote']

Went through something like this a couple years ago with the mother-in-law, who was hospitalized three times in the space of a year, and each time it looked like that was going to be it. Of course, we were the non-remote family, so we were the ones dealing with the hospital and stuff, and in one instance things got so bad that I was tasked with finding a priest to administer last rites on an emergency basis.

Don't think your remote efforts to comfort her aren't helping. We were lucky to get phone calls from my in-laws on the mainland at all during the numerous crises, and it's a continuing sore point in family relations. Just making an effort makes a big difference, even though everyone knows there's not a lot you can really do.

Went through something like this a couple years ago with the mother-in-law, who was hospitalized three times in the space of a year, and each time it looked like that was going to be it. Of course, we were the non-remote family, so we were the ones dealing with the hospital and stuff, and in one instance things got so bad that I was tasked with finding a priest to administer last rites on an emergency basis.

Don't think your remote efforts to comfort her aren't helping. We were lucky to get phone calls from my in-laws on the mainland at all during the numerous crises, and it's a continuing sore point in family relations. Just making an effort makes a big difference, even though everyone knows there's not a lot you can really do.

Thank you. I really, really needed that.

To someone not on this board:

I have to take public transportation to work. And since my home and my work are in two different cities, the commute takes me over an hour. If you're going to cancel your appointment (for which I have preempted other things I normally do before my shift begins), have the decency to call in advance, instead of the last minute, when I'm already on the road or even at work. You've already been told this before, and yet you keep pulling this shit over and over again.