The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So, after waiting for three months, my mother in law manages to find a new place to live last Saturday. She schedules movers to come and help her get everything out of her old place and into her new place so she can be out by the end of the month. That's today.

And what does she do today?

She wakes up, decides that she is sick, and re-schedules the movers to come back on FRIDAY.

Ya know, some people would have cleared it with the landlord first.

Here's hoping that the sherriff doesn't dump her and all her stuff out on the street tomorrow.

Doc

There's been a restaurant moving in next door to where I work . . . since I started working there. But they're serious now, have an opening date and a "Now Hiring" sign and everything.

So I've been putting up with their contruction noise, construction vehicles, blocking of our receiving port, and their use of our fax machine (which makes a REALLY annoying noise when you forget to hit '9' for an outside line).

But today, they hit our water main while they were digging. All day without working bathrooms, sinks or water fountains. There were working bathrooms in the next store over . . . a whole 2 of them.

Water's fixed now. My mood is not.

I always utilize the "kill 'em with kindness" approach. Failing that' date=' the "with kindness" part becomes optional. ;)[/quote']

Don't worry, I'll do just that... AFTER I show him who's the alpha dog in the office (ME!!!!!)

Marine rule of combat.

"Be polite. Be courteous. But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

I always utilize the "kill 'em with kindness" approach. Failing that' date=' the "with kindness" part becomes optional. ;)[/quote']

Don't worry, I'll do just that... AFTER I show him who's the alpha dog in the office (ME!!!!!)

Marine rule of combat.

"Be polite. Be courteous. But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

I ALWAYS have that plan in the back of my mind :eg:

I'm familiar enough with the mall that:

a) the rent-a-cops carry pepper spray, batons and radios, no guns.

B) being "armed" - even faux-armed - alters your mindset, or it could be the articles I've read for the past 16 years on concealed carry. I find myself less aggressive, more willing to shrink into the background and keep to myself, and far less likely to "get stupid" - especially while driving. While for me, an arrest and frisk-down might cause embarassment, for professional people, it would cost them more.

There is one mall guard who seems to have it in for me for some unknown reason. In the mall he's got the advantage. But if I ever catch him anywhere else...

Guest Skaramine

There is one mall guard who seems to have it in for me for some unknown reason. In the mall he's got the advantage. But if I ever catch him anywhere else...

I'll say you were visting me. :whistle::whip::slap::bmk:

Guest Skaramine

Hot' date=' witty, charming, hot, fun, flirty, hot 16 year old girls in catholic girl outfits really make me cranky. Especially when they want to hug you and hang on you and stuff.....[/quote']

Really? Those kinds of girls only make me wish I lived in England.

Where they're age of consent.

:thumbup:

Guest Skaramine

But I don't live in England. Besides' date=' those can be 4 important years in terms of development....[/quote']

True. But... by the time they develop, they might not think me so smart and sexy.

:idjit::ugly:

Guest Skaramine

(in order to avoid breaking netiquette, please consider all of the following to be in all caps, bolded, italic, size=8)

Merging from a short ramp onto an interstate highway during rush hour is *not* a good time to be looking down lighting your cigarette!

Oh... go all caps. And throw in some "fargings" "bastages" and "ice-holes" too...

Guest Skaramine

Hang up and freakin' drive you self important pompous ass!

(Said at least once every day on the drive to and from work)

I'm usually more...

GET OFF DA FONE!

Usually accompanied by much spittle on windshield. I think I blew my larynx one day doing it too.

Dammit, I've infected Klytus with influenza, smallpox, ebola... nothing will kill him! Die, Klytus! Die die die!

;)

Sorry... you may be old, but I'm immortal. I just never got around to buying the proper Life Support to protect me against disease. I needed the points for my Magic Pool.