The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I was told I was too perky to be a stewardess. :(

Yes, from my traveling experience, perkiness is not a desirable characteristic. Instead, aspiring flight attendants should strive to be bossy, aloof and sadistic while maintaining a frigid veneer of politeness. A total inability to apply makeup is a definite plus.

Ha' date=' yeah, we were on a flight once where they were ALL crabby and very non-helpful, more in an annoyed way, didn't seem sad or like they'd heard any bad news.[/quote']

I remember one flight from Phoenix to Washington, DC, where two deaf friends, one hearing friend, and myself were off to Gallaudet for a conference. As we couldn't see the monitors that had the captioning for the safety announcement, my hearing friend and I, at our deaf friends' request, began interpreting the safety announcements and pilot's comments in sign language.

Two flight attendants came over and LOUDLY started complaining that we were being disruptive and that they didn't appreciate being made fun of. As we relayed this to our deaf friends, they immediately (and very coldly) stated that we were interpreters assisting two deaf passengers and that if they didn't like it, their bosses would be hearing from our deaf friends' lawyers for discrimination.

The attendants beat a hasty retreat to the back of the plane as soon as the safety announcement was over.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

If it was up your ass you'd know it!

For some reason a few years ago my wife said that to like every "where is..." question!

I think you're thinking of the times she was asked where your head was at. :D

:eek:Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

hehehehehe

I remember one flight from Phoenix to Washington, DC, where two deaf friends, one hearing friend, and myself were off to Gallaudet for a conference. As we couldn't see the monitors that had the captioning for the safety announcement, my hearing friend and I, at our deaf friends' request, began interpreting the safety announcements and pilot's comments in sign language.

Two flight attendants came over and LOUDLY started complaining that we were being disruptive and that they didn't appreciate being made fun of. As we relayed this to our deaf friends, they immediately (and very coldly) stated that we were interpreters assisting two deaf passengers and that if they didn't like it, their bosses would be hearing from our deaf friends' lawyers for discrimination.

The attendants beat a hasty retreat to the back of the plane as soon as the safety announcement was over.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Fortunately, I was always treated like a prince. The fact that my dad was a captain in the airlines (and sometimes the captain of the plane I was in) didn't hurt.

If I had been on that flight, I would have started a round of applause. I also would have insisted on speaking to the captain once we landed... those flight attendants deserved to be shamed out of a job.