Japanese mastervillain/hero team aid requested.

Enforcer84

Re: Japanese mastervillain/hero team aid requested.

The Japanese approach to superheores is so different from the Western one that when sentai shows are brought over they end up being drasticqlly re-cut so they dob't make a lot of serse, But if you watch a sentai shwo in its orignal form it's often radically different.

For example, it woul be very rare for a Japanese superhero to have a Code Against Killing (or at least one that extends to monsters). If he;s a street-vele hero in the samurai mold, he;s quite likely to leave a trail of bodies behind him. And if you're fighting an alien invasion, the typical approach of the Power ranger type is to see the aliens destroyed utterly when possible.

In short, you're more like to see a Japanese Wolverine than a Japanese Batman.

Thank you Foxx!

I am unfamiliar with Doraemon

Perhaps you could tell me what Kaede or Rin translate too? I like thosenames.

I went with the Raiden who "saved Japan from the Mongols". The Demon-God has returned bearing a eerie and entirely planned resemblance to a vido game character of the same name.

Kaede = maple tree

Rin = bell

Rin = corolla

Doraemon is a famous comic and TV character. If you do a serach on his name you can find many pages in English about him. The suggestion was a joke. A better name might be Nandemoya (Jack Of All Trades)

Cheers

Having someone who is the "Shogun of Crime" or the "Shadow Shogun" would have some nice historical references. Or someone who seeks to restore the old order of the Shogun having absolute power in Japan and restoring the Samurai class' date=' purging western influences and so on. They would be more of the mastermind types, high INT and a lot of followers, though not necessarily powerful in themselves.[/quote']

Any "Shogun" combos, or just plain "Shogun" would work, as would "Daimyo" ("warlord", I believe?).

Of course, if you go to NY, you could face "Sho-nuff, the Shogun of Harlem"! :whistle:

Kaede = maple tree

Rin = bell

Rin = corolla

Doraemon is a famous comic and TV character. If you do a serach on his name you can find many pages in English about him. The suggestion was a joke. A better name might be Nandemoya (Jack Of All Trades)

Cheers

For the record, Dorameon was a robot cat fronm the future sent to prevent the ancestor of his creator (a young boy in our world) from turning into a total loser springing a long line to total losers. Although Dorameon himself is quite competent and can pull all kinds of cool future tech out of the drawer in his tummy, his "master" is a complete idiot and it seems his mission is doomed to failure, because he;'s always taking Dorameon's gadgets and using them to make a mess of his life. This is a guy who could get into trouble with future-style bubblegum.

A robot who has an extra-dimensional puch from which he can pull out any device needed except weapons would be quite a cool character concept, actually. He'll need some other way to deal with enemies, but he could be quite useful in a pinch where a little futuristic know-how is required.even so, his ability to interface with "antique" technology, as well as his tendency to have conversations with the TV set or the toaster, could have comedic implications as well.

Enforcer84!

gadgeteer/sorceress twins: Nandemoya and Yorozuya. Both mean Jack Of All Trades, but the first is a new word while the second is an old word.

cat girl: Mike (3 colours, a calico cat). Mike neko are lucky and cute.

cat girl: A cat that can change into human shape is called Nekomata, Bakeneko, or Karaneko.

Cheers

Enforcer84!

gadgeteer/sorceress twins: Nandemoya and Yorozuya. Both mean Jack Of All Trades, but the first is a new word while the second is an old word.

cat girl: Mike (3 colours, a calico cat). Mike neko are lucky and cute.

cat girl: A cat that can change into human shape is called Nekomata, Bakeneko, or Karaneko.

Cheers

Very Cool! I like the Nandemoya and Yorozuya names. That is cool

Nekomata eh? or Mike (pronounced Mike? or Meeke?)

Very Cool! I like the Nandemoya and Yorozuya names. That is cool

Nekomata eh? or Mike (pronounced Mike? or Meeke?)

Happy to hear you like them.

I as in pizza and E as in grey. It's 2 syllables: Me + K.

Cheers

Japanese vowels have only one sound associated with them, conveniently enough, they are the same vowel sounds used in spanish.

Mike would be pronounced with the i and e sounding just like they do in san dIEgo.

Japanese vowels have only one sound associated with them, conveniently enough, they are the same vowel sounds used in spanish.

Mike would be pronounced with the i and e sounding just like they do in san dIEgo.

Cool

Thanks

Enforcer84!

Here is a villain gang called Ryuuguu Kaijin (Sea Dragon Palace Mystery Men). You can make them techno-powered human, magic powered, or mutants. They can work for the Yakuza or you can make Kairyuu or Unibaba the leader. The descriptions are minimal, so add anything you like.

Samera: Same is Shark, and I added Ra to make it sound like Godzilla and Gamera. Samera is both a speedster and razor sharp brick. He has targeting smell too. But he is weak in mental areas and easily goes berserk.

Unibaba: Uni is Sea Urchin and Baba is Old Woman, but it sounds like Onibaba, a famous fairy tale villain Demon Grandmother. Unibaba’s body is covered with needles like a sea urchin, and she has good armour.

Kairyuu: Written as Sea Dragon but pronounced the same as Sea Current. Aside from a dragon image, he can TK vast amounts of water, and use them to drown people.

Happou: 8 ways, all directions, and pronounced the same as the word Fire (a gun). An octopus image martial artist. He can camouflage, climb walls, spit a cloud of darkness, and squeeze through pipes, cracks, etc. He has only 2 arms, but he can move them so fast that they look and act like 8; or you can really give him 8.

Fugu: Globefish. He has lots of Growth, and his blood is poisonous. He has to hold his breath to stay grown. With few powers, you can give him lots of skills, perks, etc.

Kurage: Jellyfish. A sniper who uses poisons. She has slow flight and her body is transparent giving her Invisibility with a Fringe.

Cheers

Enforcer84!

Here are a few more.

Joubachi: Queen Bee. She has power armour with flight and poison weapons. She can talk with bees and commands a swarm. She is arrogant and gets angry if not treated like a queen. She likes to be called Denka Joubachi Sama (Her Royal Highness Lady Queen Bee) and gets angry if called just Joubachi. As a joke, you can have her forget how to speak human speech. She just says, “Bun bu bun bun bu bun.†And her swarm forms into words for people to read. If you want her to be more powerful, make her swarm Suzumebachi (killer wasps) which kill with 4 stings and are common in Japan. You can also give her other insect image supervillain henchmen.

Namahage: Namahage is a demon from Akita prefecture, but they go around collecting bad children to eat them. The character is a vigilante who hunts anyone bad, even if they are not villains.

Onryou: Angry Ghost.

Mamushi: Viper

Beni Sasori: Crimson Scorpion

Satori: Satori is a faerie that can read a target's mind as fast as the target thinks. Thus, you can't ever hurt it because it knows your actions before you can act. But the Satori isn't stupid. It usually attacks a target only when it's alone, and it will detect the thoughts of anyone who comes near.

Yuki-onna: Snow Woman. A faerie who creates snow and ice.

Ichiroku: The name comes from Ichiroku Shoubu (1-6 Challenge) which means gambling. Ichiroku is actually a spy hero I made. He can see the future only in terms of guessing right from a list of choices: cards, roulette, doors, etc. But he could be an interesting villain.

Cheers

One last thing Enforcer, Don't be afraid to use what is often called Engrish. The Japanese love taking English words (and misusing them) and using them for products and such. So I can see a hero/ine/villain having a name that is in Engrish.

G

THis has been freaking awewsome. I have all the names and concepts I could want and more. I posted a few more characters to the Hero a Day thread, I am monumentally behind, but I should get tcaught up here real quickly.

Thanks again for all the help and keep it coming!

Having someone who is the "Shogun of Crime" or the "Shadow Shogun" would have some nice historical references. Or someone who seeks to restore the old order of the Shogun having absolute power in Japan and restoring the Samurai class' date=' purging western influences and so on. They would be more of the mastermind types, high INT and a lot of followers, though not necessarily powerful in themselves.[/quote']

That reminds me...my 'only in my mind and I hope to eventuly publish it for Hero befor someone beats me to it' version of Yooshoo basicly is a supervilian arm of a group of japanies patirots (terorists?) who view that Japanies culter has gone downhill with the introduction of western infulences. So, thay plan on destroying any company which does work in the west, and eventuly drive the westerners out of Japan, and to reinstate the Shogun (with there leader, Tesushogun, as the shogun).

The members...

Tesushogun: The leader, who wears a power suite which alowes him to teleport, and monomolecular dashio (katana and wakusahi).

Hi No Ran: "Wild Fire", a mutant with the ability to generate fire. Also a karatka.

Oni No Muzu: "Water Oni", a ninja with a near mystical control over water.

Fuji: The brick of the team, another mutant.

Sakura: A teenage girl who was subjected to expermentation by Thorn, is now partly plant. Can use her tendrel 'hair' to fight with. Name means "Cherry Blosom".

Tesushogun: The leader, who wears a power suite which alowes him to teleport, and monomolecular dashio (katana and wakusahi).

Would it be a cooler name if I would name him Tesudamioh instead of Tesushogun? I just remember that a japanies hero is using the name Tesushogun in the CU.

Need a bit more help. The Samurai is going to be called. Samurai of the Sun.(ie Japan) how would that be translated?

Taiyou No Bushi OR Hi No Bushi.

But they sound odd. I like Tasogare Bushi (Sunset Samurai). A friend suggested Atsuki No Bushi (Samurai Of Heat).

One last thing Enforcer' date=' Don't be afraid to use what is often called Engrish. The Japanese love taking English words (and misusing them) and using them for products and such. So I can see a hero/ine/villain having a name that is in Engrish.[/quote']

Yamamura is right. Foreign or half foreign names are common in media here. Many of my players use them too.

I'll leave him the way he is for now, but thanks for the input.

BTW I think I am going to swipe Dr. Otaku from Mutants and Masterminds for a villainous rival to Gadget Boy and Nandemoya (hey, I can remember her name without checking the character sheet!)

Also thinking of creating a technomancer clone of the girls; artifiicially aged to adulthood. Name Ideas?

I was thinking something along the lines of True Thought or Ocasio (its a word that means "New Ways of Thinking) not sure of its origin though.

BTW I think I am going to swipe Dr. Otaku from Mutants and Masterminds for a villainous rival to Gadget Boy and Nandemoya (hey, I can remember her name without checking the character sheet!)

Do you realy want a villian named "Doctor Your House" running around? That was the original meaning for the word Otaku (your house), till it became a way of 'politly' saying someone's name without saying there name. Later, it was co-oped for "obsesive fan".

Oh, by the way, his name in Japan would be Otakusensi.

Do you realy want a villian named "Doctor Your House" running around? That was the original meaning for the word Otaku (your house), till it became a way of 'politly' saying someone's name without saying there name. Later, it was co-oped for "obsesive fan".

Oh, by the way, his name in Japan would be Otakusensi.

Perhaps he'll get a rename, but I kind of like him the way he is.