Card Shark

The Vanguard

Re: Card Shark

With all due respect, you people really need to stop leaping to conclusions. It's not as if I'm not hanging around answering questions. :hex:

Look at the size of Dark Champions and use a little common sense. There isn't room for an entire organization -- not to mention the fact that our genre books don't include organizations, just a handful of individual villains.

I'll put Card Shark somewhere in Hudson City or Predators, where there's room for him.

I'll put Card Shark somewhere in Hudson City or Predators' date='[/i'] where there's room for him.

I can sleep easily now knowing that all is good and Card Shark remains to bludgeon my characters.

:rockon:

You know, I paid good points for an extra 8" of Superleap, Only to Conclusions.(-1)

I hate to be the one who brings this up, but the sample characters in the playtest files had "Hunted: Card Shark". Sounds like evidence to me that we'll be seeing the Card Shark organization at some point.

Now, whether we're still on Card Shark V or Harbinger has done some more weeding out of the group .... :bmk:

the Blue Moon Killer had history with that group

There's no need to tell me about things that I wrote about in earlier books. I played through every single bullet and point of BODY damage in that history, believe you me -- including hundreds of games' worth of incidents that have yet to see the light of day. ;)

Hey, just because you created the character, Mad GM, don't go gettin' all uppity. :bmk:

But I feel reasonably confident Andy will offer that particular section of illustrations (in whatever book ol' Sharky appears in) to you. :hex: It just wouldn't be just to do otherwise, and I'm all about the Justice. ;)

he is the perfect criminal mastermind for Dark Champions world

The thing that makes him worth putting in HC or Predators from a creative/publishing perspective is that he's so readily adaptable to many styles of play. Ordinarily a "theme" character with a costume would work best in DC:TAS... but I've already got plenty for that book who only fit in that book. Card Shark can be played lots of ways, from really gritty to lighthearted, in a way that characters like Anagram, the Astrologer, and Rhapsody really can't. So I can write him up and discuss all the options in the appropriate book. ;)

Not having seen mention of Card Shark among the prominent villains in the upcoming Predators DC sourcebook (which includes some returnees), I just assumed they weren't going to be updated to 5E.

NP. ;) The truth is, since I haven't made up my mind where to put him, I figured it was safest not to mention him. :bmk: But it just wouldn't be Dark Champions if there wasn't some guy in a costume flinging razor-sharp cards at my head somewhere along the line.... :bmk:

Actually, an extended Card Sharks book along the same lines as VIPER: CotS would be extremely cool.

I'd buy it...oh wait, I buy all the books whether I want them or not.......I'd buy two then :D

Im so looking forward to Dark Champions. It's my favorite super oriented genre. Sadly, my entire usual group detests the genre.

Anyone need a player for a DC game? I have my own copy of the rulebook and have played in the HERO System once or twice ;)

Humm...prehaps there should be an orginzation book for Card Shark...I mean, there are at least 52 agents (Ace through King, one of each sute), plus 'extrordinarie' agents to repersent such card related terms as Muligan, Poker-Face, Red Queen, Dead Man's Hand, Full House (well, prehaps not Full House, but you know what I mean...)

Humm...I don't remember a "Muligan" in Card Shark...but the word has come to be known as 'discard your first hand if you have a crapy hand'. Which reminds me, would the Card Shark supliment work better as a colectabul card game? Colect them all!!!

Anyone need a player for a DC game?

I can sympathize. I wrote the original DC in part to get people to run more of the types of games I wanted to play in -- but I still haven't gotten to play in nearly as many as I'd like.

But I am really looking forward to the game Keneton has promised to run for me at GenCon. :bmk: