Archmage Stats

Powerhouse

Re: Archmage Stats

Arguably true' date=' but there's repeated precedent in Hero source material. Just off the top of my head, both Witchcraft and Talisman have an EC of supportive spells, and I know they aren't the only ones.[/quote']

Yeah, they do. That's one of the things I don't like about Witchcraft's character design. I don't think it's a very cost-effective way of doing things compared to a MP.

BTW, this is a complete tangent, but it reminds me of something I really hate about ECs as currently defined by the rules.

According to the rules, if an Adjustment Power Drains or removes points from any slot in an EC, all the slots and the EC base are similarly affected. Now, that makes sense for an attack which targets all powers of a given special effect - for example, all fire powers, all werewolf powers, or - in this case - all magic powers. But it also means that Witchcraft's spells are so connected that if Captain Gravity does a Drain Flight on her, it also drains her Force Field. At least for me, that doesn't make sense . Similarly, this means that if Motion Master does Drain Running on a werewolf, and the werewolf's powers are defined with an EC (a classic EC example, btw) the werewolf loses points in his Regeneration and HKA.

Of course, many people hate and freely ignore this aspect of the EC rules. I would personally like to see them revised so that the only time this happens is vs. Adjustment Powers that target a specific special effect, not a specific power.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the "recovery" condition being recasting the spell??

Problem is, it won't work very well that way for VPP-based spells.

No, charges - recoverable, continuuing or whatever - don't work well for VPPs unless the entire VPP has charges. Uncontrolled, on the other hand, works quite well.

Gadget Pools are an obvious exception to this general principle, but they are self-limiting.

The thing with multipowers are that they are more expensive than elemental controls for multiple powers intended to work at the same time, especially if said powers have individual limitations. OTOH, thats pretty much the *only* time ECs are worthwhile ( the main exception being if a character has a bunch of related powers that have high AP value, but lots of specific limitations ).

The thing with multipowers are that they are more expensive than elemental controls for multiple powers intended to work at the same time' date=' especially if said powers have individual limitations. OTOH, thats pretty much the *only* time ECs are worthwhile ( the main exception being if a character has a bunch of related powers that have high AP value, but lots of specific limitations ).[/quote']

It is true that ECs are cheaper if you have a set of powers that you want to have active at the same time. But only if you want all the powers active at once, and don't care about flexibility.

Let's look at Witchcraft. She has an EC - Helpful Witcheries - with two thirty-point powers:

15 Helpful Witcheries EC

15 Shield of Sorcery FF 10/10, 0 END

15 Wings of the Wind Flight 15"

Built as a MP with both active, this would cost 60 pts for the MP base, plus the cost for each slot. The EC is much cheaper. So, if that's all you want, that's cost effective. It's also boring as hell. Hermione Granger has better flexibility than that.

Now, let's say Witchcraft wanted to also have Teleportation as well as flight, or for some occasions she wanted a different configuration on Force Field (all physical or all energy, for example - when she is getting attacked by a brick, the 10 pts Energy FF are less useful, and if she's fighting a fire elemental, the PD part of the FF isn't so hot). She is still moving and having up a defense at the same time, but she has more options. With the 60-pt base MP, having these choices this would cost only three more slots - a few points. At that point, the flexibility of the MP more than wins out over the EC, and I really see no reason for a magic-user to not be that flexible unless you are really hurting for points (in which case you should talk over with your GM that your plan is to save up enough points to structure your EC as a MP at first opportunity, and get permission to do so).

ECs work fine, IMHO, for things like Werewolf Powers - a couple points of Regeneration, a HKA and a bunch of Running at 0 END can all be useful at the same time, and werewolves have a fairly limited ability set - or for a very, very simple version of a flying energy projector (The Human Scorch = Flight, Force Field, Energy Blast). Wizards should be more unpredictable.

This is a 4E character, but I think Adrian Eldrich from Freedom City would be a good start for an archmage.

Adrian Eldrich

Val CHA Cost Notes

15 STR 5 200 kg; 3d6

15 DEX 15 OCV:5/DCV: 5

23 CON 16

10 BODY 0

18 INT 8 PER Roll: 12-

30 EGO 40 ECV: 10

20 PRE 10 PRE Attack: 4d6

12 COM 1

6 PD 3

6 ED 1

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 4

60 END 2

30 STUN 1

Cost Powers END

150 Power Pool (Magic, 100 pts.) Var.

40 Cerotan's Shield: +20 PD/+20 ED Force Field, +10 Mental Defense, Incantation (-1/4) 4

14 Mental Defense (20 pts.) —

23 Danger Sense 14-, any area, only vs. magic (-3/4) —

35 Cloak of Flight: 15" Flight, x2 Non-combat, 0 END, IAF (cloak) 0

Cost Skills

13 Magic Skill 20- (based on EGO)

15 +5 with Power Pool

5 Escape Artist 13-

3 Scholar

24 KS: Dimensional Geography, Magical Artifacts, Magical Creatures, Magical Dimensions, Magicians, Occult (all 14-)

3 Linguist

6 English (native), Ancient Egyptian, Greek, Latin (all fluent)

Background Skills and Perks

3 AK: The World 13-

3 CK: Freedom City 13-

5 PS: Archeologist 14-

3 PS: Writer 13-

5 Perk: Master Mage of Earth

5 Well-Off

100+ Disadvantages

15 DNPCs: Victims of the occult (normal, 11-)

20 Hunted by various occult menaces (MoPow, 11-)

20 Code Against Killing (Com, Tot)

20 Sworn Protector of Earth's Dimension (VC, Str)

15 Cryptic Loner (Com, Str)

15 Reputation (powerful mage, 11-, Ext.)

15 Secret Identity (Earth's Master Mage)

10 2d6 Unluck

15 x1.5 STUN from Physical Killing Attacks

226 Hero Bonus

Characteristics: 116

Powers & Skills: 355

Total: 471

Disadvantages: 371

Thanks everyone for the responses! You've all been great.

For myself, I decided to take a stab at an archmage, using my very own Lady Silver. She weighs in right now at about 900 pts (including about 30 pts of contacts and the 75 pt astral form from mystic masters, neither of which are on the sheet right now.)

Small problem, I've forgotten how to export from Heromaker so... please help? Thanks.

Lady Silver

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
23 CON 26
11 BODY 2
23 INT 13
30 EGO 40
30 PRE 20
24 COM 7
8/48 PD 5
8/65 ED 3
5 SPD 14
8 REC 0
50 END 2
40 STUN 9
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 194

Cost Power END
192 Sorcery: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 120 base + 72 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+1/2); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4)
100 Defensive Spells: Multipower, 100-point reserve
7u 1) Shield of Protection (General Wards): Force Field (15 PD/15 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 2) Shield of Protection (Physical Ward): Force Field (25 PD/25 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 3) Shield of Protection (Mystic Wards): Force Field (17 ED/17 Mental Defense/16 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 4) Barrier: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED/5 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 5) Physical Barrier: Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 6) Mystic Barrier: Force Wall (10 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 7) Warding Winds: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +15 levels, Adjacent Hex (+1/2) (75 Active Points)
10 Power Defense (20 points) (20 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic Very Limited Type of Attack (-1)
15 Mental Defense (21 points total)
3 Mage Sense: Detect Magic 14- (Unusual Group) (5 Active Points); Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)
7 Spell of Concealment: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (into and out of Superhero costume) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2) 1
20 Flight 10", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OIF (Mystic Cloak; -1/2)
Powers Cost: 396

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Akido
5 1) Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
5 2) Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 3d6 Strike
3 3) Defensive Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, Target Falls
5 4) Disarming Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 20 STR to take weapon away; Target Falls
4 5) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND ; Target Falls
4 6) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm
4 7) Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 30 STR vs. Grabs
Martial Arts Cost: 30

Cost Skill
5 Analyze: Magic 15-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Conversation 15-
3 High Society 15-
3 Navigation (Astral, Dimensional) 14-
3 Oratory 15-
3 Paramedics 14-
3 Persuasion 15-
35 Sorcery 30-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Ancient Lore (3 Active Points) 14-
2 2) KS: Demonology (3 Active Points) 14-
2 3) KS: Magicians (3 Active Points) 14-
3 4) KS: Mystic World (4 Active Points) 15-
2 5) KS: Mythology (3 Active Points) 14-
3 6) KS: Occult Lore (4 Active Points) 15-
3 Tactics 14-
3 Teamwork 14-
20 +2 Overall
15 +5 with any Sorcery
Skills Cost: 119

Cost Perk
30 Base
9 Reputation: Well regarded and compassionate hero (world-wide) 14-, +3/+3d6
5 Money: Well Off
3 Well-Connected
Perks Cost: 47

Cost Talent
3 Simulate Death
20 Universal Translator 14-
Talents Cost: 23

Total Character Cost: 809

Val Disadvantages
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Compassionate (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Sworn to protect Earth against evil magic (Uncommon, Strong)
20 Hunted: F.I.S.T. 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted : Dark Cabal 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Tyrannon 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10 Distinctive Features: Mystic Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
15 Rivalry: Professional, Percy Worthington), Rival is More Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10 Dependent NPC: Percy Worthington 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 459

Total Experience Available: 650

Experience Unspent: 191

Edit: I noted that I left the defensive MP at 100 active but it should be 75.

Some comments about the VPP: I opted for the half-phase action to change because I felt that it would simulate the need for a mage to think of a spell and execute (also requiring a skill roll since the spell must be "woven" as it were. I wasn't sure if Cosmic would be a good idea since that indicates a great ease at shifting powers around which might be better for an internal soruce (like the Silver Surface) rather than bending an outside source (ie magic) to your desire. I also wanted to distinguish this from another power pool.

As for the variable limits, I popped that in since it seems that the wizards (think Dr. Strange) uses incantations and gestures often to cast spells. These acts allow the weaving of the magical forces about them. That said, often a mage will wield magic without such things. My take was to state that normally Lady Silver uses gestures and incantations to create spells but when pressed she can use extra time, extra endurance, or focus limits to use magic in less optimal circumstances.

Possible additions to the sheets, besides the contacts and astral form mentioned above, might be a movement MP though that could be simulated with the VPP. Also I was wondering about Danger Sense (I sense a disturbance in the etheral fabric... it could be an invasion!) but that seems more a plot device than actual powers. It wouldn't help her dodge a surprise attack.

Also, some additional powers gained through artifacts might be appropriate. I'm looking for about an even 1000 for my little arch mage.

Where does the massive defense stats come from??

He choose the "Add to Secondary Value" option for all the defenses, so Hero Designer added them all up, and created a second value - as if all the slots in the defense multipower were active at once (it's a "dumb" program, and doesn't handle multipowers well). To fix it, he'll have to go through and change each of them to the "Does not add to totals" option.

So, what else should an archmage have? I figured some type of scrying device would be useful but that could be considered built into the base.

Some artifacts would be useful. Perhaps an amulet that is her symbol of office that boosts her VPP might be useful. From a gameplay POV, reduce her VPP to 100 pts (still powerful) and define a boost that is linked to the amulet. It's more a special effect though (ie it can't be taken away, comes back to her) and doesn't reall qualify for foci limitations in a manner similar to Dr. Destroyer's armor. As long as she's the arch mage, she has that power. Should she no longer hold that office, she looses the boost in power though it's the GM's understanding to allow her to have those points back.

Another possibility might be to have a higher power pool in Earth's dimension to represent her status as its defender and mystic master. In other dimensions she loses that bonus.

Finally, I'm considering something similar to the Eye of Agamatto of Dr. Strange's which would be a MP with high level mental powers and other useful stuff.

Comments? Suggestions?

OMG... I REALLY miss my mystic master now.

Oh, I definitely agree, a couple artifacts are a good thing. Dr Strange, the archetype, has the Eye of Agamotto, with powers mostly related to truth and perception, and the Cloak of Levitation, which basically is just free flight.

For those who've read Mystic World, the Krypticon and Star of Urizen would both make good artifacts for an Archmage ( which makes sense ). Another option would be for four artifacts, one each connected to the main Imaginal Realms, representing the power granted to the Archmage by each Realm. Of course, the infernal artifact would presumably be used seldom by good aligned Archmages. . .

So, what else should an archmage have? I figured some type of scrying device would be useful but that could be considered built into the base.

Some artifacts would be useful. Perhaps an amulet that is her symbol of office that boosts her VPP might be useful. From a gameplay POV, reduce her VPP to 100 pts (still powerful) and define a boost that is linked to the amulet. It's more a special effect though (ie it can't be taken away, comes back to her) and doesn't reall qualify for foci limitations in a manner similar to Dr. Destroyer's armor. As long as she's the arch mage, she has that power. Should she no longer hold that office, she looses the boost in power though it's the GM's understanding to allow her to have those points back.

Another possibility might be to have a higher power pool in Earth's dimension to represent her status as its defender and mystic master. In other dimensions she loses that bonus.

Finally, I'm considering something similar to the Eye of Agamatto of Dr. Strange's which would be a MP with high level mental powers and other useful stuff.

Comments? Suggestions?

OMG... I REALLY miss my mystic master now.

Mystic Masters did have an artifact similar to what you're suggesting, a scrying/transportation device called the "Orb of the Archmage" (obviously patterned after Dr. Strange's "Orb of Agamotto"). It was a Personal Focus in that only the Archmage or another magician designated by him, could use its powers. IIRC it was written up mostly as a Multipower of a little over 200 Active Points.

As I recall from references to the Archmage in CU and MW, there were several artifacts of power that came with the office, but they were destroyed in the attack by the Circle of the Scarlet Moon that killed the last Archmage.

Hi everyone!

I purchased Mystic World recently and it had some cool stuff in it. What I really liked what was it said about the archmage and I was surprised how powerful that character would be (as well as the reliance on different powers/dieities).

I've decided to re-write what I submitted before. Any additional suggestions that I should take into account? Thank you.

Perhaps one of the powers should be an Aid construct that draws power from Quarternion entities, with limits that it only Aids effects appropriate for the entity, and requires you either owe a favor, or put the extra effort and risk to steal the power (done with an activation roll, since most of the time a favor would be gratis to curry good will from the Archmage, and a theft would be grudgingly tolerated as not worth the effort and cost to deal with ).

Hi everyone!

I've come up with a revised archmage who weighs in at about 1200 pts (OUCH!). It's intended that this represents Lady Silver starting out as the archmage (though she's and experienced hero and mage who for a long time lead the most prominent superhero team in her campaign's world.

Among other things, this crowning of an archmage occurs after a huge cross-over that involved Tyrannon's first attempt to conquer Earth's dimension. It included most of earth's mystic defenders (and some of its villains) banding together in a desperate battle to both stave off Tyrannon's forces and elevate one of their own to the vacant office. During the course of the cross-over, the Krypticon and Star of Urizen were discovered. Also, Lady Silver was able to decipher the former's writings to rediscover the Quaterion Banishment. She is presently the only mage on earth who knows the spell and can cast it.

Lady Silver

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
24 DEX 42
23 CON 26
11 BODY 2
23 INT 13
30 EGO 40
30 PRE 20
24 COM 7
8 PD 5
8 ED 3
6 SPD 26
8 REC 0
50 END 2
40 STUN 9
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 200

Cost Power END
250 Sorcery: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 100 base + 150 control cost, Cosmic (+2)
44 Sorcery Supremacy: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 20 base + 24 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (50 Active Points); Only in Earth Dimension (-1/4)
25 Appeal: Aid 4d6, any magic spell one at a time (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Must be in higher power's interest (-1/4)
75 Defensive Spells: Multipower, 75-point reserve
7u 1) Shield of Protection (General Wards): Force Field (15 PD/15 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 2) Shield of Protection (Physical Ward): Force Field (25 PD/25 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 3) Shield of Protection (Mystic Wards): Force Field (17 ED/17 Mental Defense/16 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)
7u 4) Barrier: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED/5 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 5) Physical Barrier: Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 6) Mystic Barrier: Force Wall (10 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense) (75 Active Points) 7
7u 7) Warding Winds: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +15 levels, Adjacent Hex (+1/2) (75 Active Points)
14 Mental Defense (20 points total)
91 Astral Form: Duplication (creates 1200-point form), Altered Duplicates (100%; +1) (480 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, Character must meditate and enter trance to leave fleshy prison; -1 1/2), Original Character is helpless and incapacitated while duplicate exists (-1), Feedback (All Duplicates Take Damage When Struck; -1), Both Characters die if they do not recombine within 24 hours (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 48
7 Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic Limited Type of Attack (-1/2)
8 Spell of Concealment: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (costume to any type of clothing), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Target ([Limited]; -1/2) 1
5 Mage Sense: Detect Magic 14- (Unusual Group)
Artifacts and Magic Items
128 Krypticon: (Artifact from The Mystic World)
32 The Star of Urizen: (Artifact from The Mystic World)
20 Mystic Cloak: Flight 10", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OIF (Mystic Cloak; -1/2)
Powers Cost: 748

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Akido
5 1) Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
5 2) Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 3d6 Strike
4 3) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND ; Target Falls
4 4) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm
4 5) Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 30 STR vs. Grabs
3 6) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 +v/5, Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 25

Cost Skill
5 Analyze: Magic 15-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Conversation 15-
3 High Society 15-
3 Navigation (Astral, Dimensional) 14-
3 Oratory 15-
3 Paramedics 14-
3 Persuasion 15-
25 Sorcery 25-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Ancient Lore (3 Active Points) 14-
2 2) KS: Demonology (3 Active Points) 14-
2 3) KS: Magicians (3 Active Points) 14-
3 4) KS: Mystic World (4 Active Points) 15-
2 5) KS: Mythology (3 Active Points) 14-
3 6) KS: Occult Lore (4 Active Points) 15-
7 Spell Research 16-
3 Tactics 14-
3 Traveler
1 1) AK: Astral Plane (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) AK: India (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) AK: Mystic Places (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) AK: Outer Planes (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5) AK: Tibet (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Teamwork 14-
20 +2 Overall
12 +4 with any Sorcery
Skills Cost: 121

Cost Perk
30 Base
9 Reputation: Well regarded and compassionate hero (world-wide) 14-, +3/+3d6
5 Money: Well Off
3 Well-Connected
30 30 pts of contacts
Perks Cost: 77

Cost Talent
3 Simulate Death
40 Universal Translator 14-, Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (40 Active Points)
Talents Cost: 43

Total Character Cost: 1214

Val Disadvantages
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Compassionate (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Sworn to protect Earth against evil magic (Uncommon, Strong)
20 Hunted: F.I.S.T. 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted : Dark Cabal 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Tyrannon 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10 Distinctive Features: Mystic Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
15 DNPC's to be determined

Disadvantage Points: 140

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 874

Total Experience Available: 874

Experience Unspent: 0

*looks up*

Wow, I never fail to be impressed by how those export files get translated so beautifully. Hero and other did a GREAT job on it!

Anyway, comments and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Some thoughts myself:

Sorcery Pool: I was really torn on giving Lady Silver the Cosmic advantage since I wasn't sure if that really represented how a mage, even an arch mage, should work. I would think requiring a skill roll would be a good idea, as well as a half-phase to change to represent weaving a spell. Nevertheless others on the board support this and the Mystic World notes that the arch mage seems to be able to work magic with relative ease.

Before Lady Silver ascended to the office of arch mage, she was probably 80-100 VPP (enough to rank her as one of earth's best mages and a candidate for arch mage) with the advantage of takes only half a phase (rather than the normal full phase) to change. A skill roll would have been required. Also, she had the Variable Limitation worth –1/2 (ie a –1/4 Limit point break) since she normally uses Incantations and Gestures though she could wield magic through greater effort, foci, etc if pressed.

I wasn't sure how powerful to make her since she's the arch mage but she's the new arch mage who must master her powers. That's why I decided to give her 100 pts normal but an additional 20 pts to represent her power in Earth's dimension. Tyrannon and Skarn I think can only use their VPP in their own dimensions so I thought it fit (though they have other MP's to rely on whereas Lady Silver has only the VPP for mostof her magic spells.

In addition, on the advice of Metaphysician (Thanks!), I added an Aid to represent calling upon higher powers for a power boost though I wasn't sure if I liked the owing a favor so decided instead that the spell cast has to be in their favor.

Astral Form is a nightmare. One reason for its high cost is that the recommended advantage of altered duplicate assumes that at least 51% of the points spent are different than from the base's points. That's probably a bit much for her. Any advice on constructing the astral form? Getting rid of Kyrpticon, Astral Form, the Aid, and boost to the VPP (cut off from body, you can't use all of your magic since magic is physical and spiritual) would cut down the form significantly even considering buying persistent desolid, invisibility, and a type of flight.

Again, thank you very much!

Astral Form is a nightmare. One reason for its high cost is that the recommended advantage of altered duplicate assumes that at least 51% of the points spent are different than from the base's points. That's probably a bit much for her. Any advice on constructing the astral form? Getting rid of Kyrpticon' date=' Astral Form, the Aid, and boost to the VPP (cut off from body, you can't use all of your magic since magic is physical and spiritual) would cut down the form significantly even considering buying persistent desolid, invisibility, and a type of flight. [/quote']

If I were you, I'd do a separate character write-up for the Astral Form. Decide what you want her to be able to do Astrally, cost all that, then figure out how much the Astral self departs from the real self and base the cost of the Duplication on that percentage, per FRED p. 102.

Keep in mind that most of her magic probably will carry over; she won't be able to affect non-Astral beings at full-power while Astral, but wouldl still be able to affect other Astral beings, ghosts, etc. Besides, with the size of the VPP, making a given power "Affects Physical World", while pricey, means she'll be able to do a fair bit even *when* Astral. To duplicate the sort of Astral Form that can travel anywhere on earth in an instant, you may also want to give the Astral Form a Mega-Scale Teleport for the Astral Form that can be scaled down to local levels.

The Krypticon probably wouldn't travel with her while Astral. She'd better use that VPP to put some Triggered wards on it so nobody steals it while she's Astrally galivanting.

The biggest think I can think of that you neglected was to give her base form the ability to perceive Astral beings. That should be automatic for an Archmage. Use the Dimensional Sense Adders on p. 93 of THE MYSTIC WORLD to at very least give her Astral Sight.