Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Reading news on the internet is damaging to one's brain. Not the stories' date=' mind you, but the [i']comments[/i] people post. By God, I sometimes fear that stupidity may be contageous.

A favourite button of mine from many years ago:

95% of the world's population are idiots,

And the rest of us are in danger of contamination!

:D

Log, Mary Sue: The RPG, sounds like a cool idea! I realize that you're probably not interested, really, but in case you want to go towards personal life type RPGing, Best Friends is a neat RPG that you can draw ideas from, and I ran across a game in development called "Kin" that's quite good, I have a link to the draft if you want it (let me know, I have to get it, I think it's just on my home PC).

Log' date=' Mary Sue: The RPG, sounds like a cool idea! I realize that you're probably not interested, really, but in case you want to go towards personal life type RPGing, Best Friends is a neat RPG that you can draw ideas from, and I ran across a game in development called "Kin" that's quite good, I have a link to the draft if you want it (let me know, I have to get it, I think it's just on my home PC).[/quote']

Indeed, please send me the info! Very interested. :thumbup:

Cats love piles of boxes.

More generally, cats love piles of anything; the more disordered, the better.

I walked into the bathroom last night and found the kittens had discovered sometime earlier that day that the toilet paper could be unrolled. So it had been, the whole roll.

My cats are fascinated by bugs too. They will follow a flyer all over the apartment. They also catch and play with non-flyers.

I caught a cricket in the house the other day, and brought it over to the kitties. They were delighted at the new toy. I'm pretty sure the gray kitty ate it. She doesn't mess around. :D

I caught a cricket in the house the other day' date=' and brought it over to the kitties. They were delighted at the new toy. I'm pretty sure the gray kitty ate it. She doesn't mess around. :D[/quote']

Mine don't eat their kills. They leave them prominently displayed.

I was rather impressed when they caught a lizard (without killing it). I didn't think North Carolina had those.

One cat we had brought home live snakes. Self-animated rope' date=' whee!![/quote']

We had a daschund when I was growing up that like to hunt snakes. He had a somewhat odd way of doing it. He would square off with them, and they would circle each other. He would wait until the snake struck and then dodge to the side and grab it in his mouth just behind the head, shake it three times, and then throw it over his shoulder. He would then turn around to find out if it was still alive. If so, repeat. Once they were dead he usuall just walked off. :)

Heh. You gotta hang the roll facing the back.

Arg' date=' don't bring up the "how to properly install toilet paper" thing. :eek::eek::eek:[/quote']

In this case, the paper was "facing the back", that is, the paper hung off the roll on the side nearest the wall.

I suspect the cause was the covered litter box put next to the toilet in front of the paper roll. Scenario: Kitten gets on top of that, falls down the back; while scrabbling for purchase, it claws the paper hanging down. Upon reaching floor level, kitten discovers some unrolled paper. TP Apocalypse has begun. :cool:

In this case, the paper was "facing the back", that is, the paper hung off the roll on the side nearest the wall.

I suspect the cause was the covered litter box put next to the toilet in front of the paper roll. Scenario: Kitten gets on top of that, falls down the back; while scrabbling for purchase, it claws the paper hanging down. Upon reaching floor level, kitten discovers some unrolled paper. TP Apocalypse has begun. :cool:

Yeah, Risu did the same thing when I left some TP hanging. I make it a habit to roll the TP back up so none is sticking out. It aggravates Josh, because then he can't find the end.

Why do things the easy way when you can just get angry and throw poop.

I may have to change a character sheet because of this.

In the last few days I've worked up a brick character who is a magically-"uplifted" orangutan. His quote had been, "'Ook.' There. Ya happy?" But this seems much better, especially with the other aspects I have imagined for his personality.

Durn. Can't rep ya yet.

All day long, and half the night. ;)

In about 9 hours I should be walking around at DIA (Denver International Airport) looking for my luggage... :)

In 24 hours, I will be heading home from work to meet my sister, who will be arriving after some 8 - 10 hours of highway driving.

In four hours, I will be vacuuming, cleaning my toilet, or yelling at Josh to clean the cat box.