Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I think the insurance business in general is crazy.

One of guys at the game table, his wife works in the insurance industry. According to him (and it may be a bit old news) is that every insurance company except State Farm is in class action law-suits. State Farm recently settled a class action law suit. I think they are currently on the 'make 'em smile' plan until the legal turmoil calms down.

Tim also has a point, the insurance company buys the totaled car from you, and then sells it off piecemally. Hence why in Missouri you often see 'two-tone' cars, the front fender is a different color than the rest of the car.

I hit the sack early as the cold or flu overwhelmed me. But I still had to come into work today. Ho hum

Hope you didn't catch it from me over the Hero boards. Tuesday I left work early due to fatigue and muscle soreness (I could barely stay awake at my computer). Wednesday, lets call it lower intestine problems gave me cramps all day (at work). Thursday, best day because it was only a headache (at work all day). Friday, I am doing good (but a little tired from getting to bed late). Hope you get to feeling better. Being under the weather at work is one of the top five worst experiences. Especially when its something that is not so severe as to keep you home, but bad enough that it wrecks your ability to sit still and concentrate.

Sorry to hear that' date=' but I hope you don't get any of your fellow co-workers sick for taking the "stiff upper lip" approach.[/quote']

Most of them are out today either at a couple of meetings up country or have the day off. Or even the afternoon off. So I had to come in anyway.

And I still feel rotten.

Have to go out tomorrow morning as I have an appointment as well which I cannot cancel.

One of guys at the game table, his wife works in the insurance industry. According to him (and it may be a bit old news) is that every insurance company except State Farm is in class action law-suits. State Farm recently settled a class action law suit. I think they are currently on the 'make 'em smile' plan until the legal turmoil calms down.

Tim also has a point, the insurance company buys the totaled car from you, and then sells it off piecemally. Hence why in Missouri you often see 'two-tone' cars, the front fender is a different color than the rest of the car.

Interesting, thanks. I haven't noticed two-tone cars around here or back East in the past, although that could simply be obliviousness on my part. Do some states disallow this sort of thing?

Interesting' date=' thanks. I haven't noticed two-tone cars around here or back East in the past, although that could simply be obliviousness on my part. Do some states disallow this sort of thing?[/quote']

I don't think so. The two-tone is when people go to a junkyard to get replacement parts. If insurance replaces parts they typically will repaint everything to match.

True, but he isn't the idiot that gave a speech about Osama Bin Laden's good works around the Arab world...

I wouldn't vote for her unless she made me rich enough to move out of state right afterwards. maybe not then.

At least you're not in Santorum's state.

JG

I've decided to go to church with the missus and kids today. This church is very progressive, seemingly not subscribing to the uber-tyrannical ethos of inflicting unending torment and agony upon me simply for not prostrating myself before a being:

A. With no discernable proof of its existence

B. that supposedly created me, yet did not give me the ability to believe in it

Episcopalian, then?

JG

Hello! Hooray! Let the show begin,

I've been ready.

Hello! Hooray! Let the lights grow dim,

I've been ready.

Ready as this audience that's coming here to dream.

Loving every second, ev'ry moment, ev'ry scream,

I've been waiting so long to sing my song

And I've been waiting so long for this thing to come.

Yeah - I've been thinking so long I was the only one.

Roll out! Roll out with your American dream and its recruits,

I've been ready.

Roll out! Roll out with your circus freaks and hula hoops,

I've been ready.

Ready as this audience that's coming here to dream.

Loving every second, ev'ry moment, ev'ry scream,

I've been waiting so long to sing my song

And I've been waiting so long for this thing to come.

Yeah - I've been thinking so long I was the only one.

I can stand here strong and thin.

I can laugh when this thing begins.

God, I feel so strong.

I feel so strong.

I'm so strong.

I feel so strong.

So strong.

God, I feel so strong,

I am so strong

Alice Cooper- Elected (Billion Dollar Babies, released in 1973)

At one time, I owned every single album by this guy. Seriously, he was my favorite from about age 16 on. Imagine my disappointment to find out Al is a Republican. Sad, sad. :(

Mags

At one time, I owned every single album by this guy. Seriously, he was my favorite from about age 16 on. Imagine my disappointment to find out Al is a Republican. Sad, sad. :(

Mags

Elected was a different song, this is Hello Hooray.

Unlike you I do own every album of his, even the Japan only rereleasing of Brutal Planet with the special live track from his Australasian Tours. I always found his conversion to christianity and the back again to be a little weirder than him being a republican, but remember Alice is the Modern Devil.. so it's understandable that he'd vote republican.

Bo Derek is a Republican too' date=' and I've seen her naked. :D[/quote']

who hasn't?

It's sad, but I think I might be a closet Right Winger... Just don't tell my bohemian pals ok? They say they are pacifist but they fight dirty.

Elected was a different song, this is Hello Hooray.

Unlike you I do own every album of his, even the Japan only rereleasing of Brutal Planet with the special live track from his Australasian Tours. I always found his conversion to christianity and the back again to be a little weirder than him being a republican, but remember Alice is the Modern Devil.. so it's understandable that he'd vote republican.

Whew, I stand corrected. Don't know what planet I was on there, I should've known better. ;)

When I had all his albums (twenty + at the time), they were actual records for turntables (Ok, I'm dating myself by saying that, I know it). Anyway I transfered them all to tape and now I haven't a clue where they are at. I also have some CDs now (gifts from my younger brother) but I don't have all of them... and all were packed away when I moved, shortly after my Mom passed away, so I don't know exactly where they are at. So many unpacked boxes... :think:

Egad... I'll just shut up now.

Mags

I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice

I wanna be elected

I'm your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce

I wanna be elected

Kids want a savior, don't need a fake

I wanna be elected

We're gonna rock to the rules that I make

I wanna be elected,

elected,

elected

I never lied to you, I've always been cool

I wanna be elected

I gotta get the vote, and I told you about school

I wanna be elected,

elected,

elected

Hallelujah, I wanna be elected

Everyone in the United States of America

We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm

We're gonna be elected

You and me together, young and strong

We're gonna be elected,

elected,

elected

Respected,

selected,

call collected

I wanna be elected, elected!

Got it right this time. :D

Mags

No being has ever suffered as I have.

Your paltry so-called intellects cannot fathom the level of personal grief one such as I have attained in that I am omniscient, yet not completely omnipotent.

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch... :rolleyes:

But I guess you knew I would say that... :winkgrin:

Henry Rollins as a talking head on the subject of music. Very effective and makes good points.

One of the Rollins Band CDs has a great song at the end about the 'LA Money Train.' Basic premise is that its currently all about style over substance. Near the end he states, "Its not looking good, in fact its looking pretty medicore."

Another good line from the CD, he is describing someone with plastic surgery and ends the stanza with, "Its like putting pearls on a swine, you can dress it up, but its still a pig."

I loved Rollins in the Batman Beyond as Mad Stan, he fit that character perfectly.