Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Sometimes it hits me. Jesus died for my sins. Why me' date=' I'm nothing special and don't deserve it.[/quote']

You are so wrong, Tim. Everyone has value.

You, for example. I know that on these boards, you bring smiles to a lot of faces. That's a very nice talent to have. I have to believe that you bring the same sense of humor to those around you in your life.

That's a special gift.

Sage advice. If only I could follow it myself...

It's something I struggle with myself all the time.

One of the things that drew me to Kara was her self assurance. Her sense of self worth. She's always had that, even at the age of five. It's a rare gift her parents gave her.

The rest of us just do the best we can.

I have a side to me that is pretty self critical. However, as an adult, I've learned to use it in mostly good ways... to be honest about areas where I'm weak, and really need to improve... and then do something about it.

Once & awhile I'll buy myself a beer though, just to keep things friendly. ;)

Guest Skaramine

But Sol is too big to fit in the same scale..

That's my explanation, anyway.. and why isn't there a Moon icon?

We just use :uranus:

It's almost as good as mooning someone, and when they put their cursor over the icon, they get called an anus too.

You are so wrong, Tim. Everyone has value.

You, for example. I know that on these boards, you bring smiles to a lot of faces. That's a very nice talent to have. I have to believe that you bring the same sense of humor to those around you in your life.

That's a special gift.

Thanks for the very kind words. What I meant is I don't deserve anything special. Especially not on the scale of THAT gift.

Guest Skaramine

Sometimes it hits me. Jesus died for my sins. Why me' date=' I'm nothing special and don't deserve it.[/quote']

That's what's so great about Jesus.

He didn't judge, He was doing it for the whole planet, and He really doesn't expect anything in return.

If only more of His followers were like that, though guys like Scary Drifter give me hope.

Guest Skaramine

Thanks for the very kind words. What I meant is I don't deserve anything special. Especially not on the scale of THAT gift.

He's generous, and to Him, yeah, you're worth it.

Though, there are decades when I wonder if I am... bringing me back to the low self-esteem thing.

He's generous, and to Him, yeah, you're worth it.

Though, there are decades when I wonder if I am... bringing me back to the low self-esteem thing.

That's why it's so great that WE don't make these judgements. In His eyes, we're all worth it. So often the hard part is remembering that. Then I look at my kids and wife and realize how blessed I have been, I must be worth something to have these great things in my life. Friendships, even with people we've never really met, can do it for me, too.

Sometimes it hits me. Jesus died for my sins. Why me' date=' I'm nothing special and don't deserve it.[/quote']Good thought, and want to echo what Rachel has said.

Also remember Tim that each person is unique that is special. That is worth celebrating.

:celebrate:cheers:

Yeah, I know, I just bottom out sometimes. Something that most people who know me in real life have a hard time reconciling to the here-I-am-let-the-party-start side they so often see.

It happens to us all. Heck, folks on this board are convinced that I am calm and serene because I've never lost it on the boards. White Heat and DocMan could tell stories that would forever shatter that myth, let me tell you.