Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Yeah, I think mine set me back $279...

Which is why I nearly strangled my mother when she found them in my closet one day and THREW... THEM... OUT. (I was 18 at the time, with a size 9 foot...)

And now that I wear a size 12, how the hell am I supposed to replace them?

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Yeah, I think mine set me back $279...

Which is why I nearly strangled my mother when she found them in my closet one day and THREW... THEM... OUT. (I was 18 at the time, with a size 9 foot...)

And now that I wear a size 12, how the hell am I supposed to replace them?

Why the livin' heck would she throw 'em out? :stupid:

She thought they were extremely inappropriate for a girl my age. (And I know for a fact that since she has very small feet, there was no chance she could swipe them for herself).

And you were 18? :eek:

Of course, I have nothing to compare that to. Raised by hippies, I didn't have a lot of limits set on me. Ever. :)

And you were 18? :eek:

Of course, I have nothing to compare that to. Raised by hippies, I didn't have a lot of limits set on me. Ever. :)

*laughing*

I grew up in white-bread, Main-Street, WASP Suburbia (although I am only W, not A, S, or P). Not quite uber-conservative, but pretty damned close. And when my mom is totally driven by what everyone else in the world thinks, there's just no stopping her sometimes.

*shrug*

Okay, decision time... do I stay on the boards a while longer, or log off and go stomp the crap out of Chaos Overlords?

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

What do you need platform shoes for? To put the star on top of Mount Everest?

6'8"...

I can't stand in platform shoes...

YEESH!

I can't swim with a submarine strapped to my back.

Somehow, I don't think it'll ever be a problem for you, Lem.

of course I'm not even talking about me wearing the silly things. Any more height makes it dangerous for me and doorways.

I'm tall enough, IMO, thanks, that I won't wear platform shoes (not even the kind with the fish in them).

F***-me/F***-you boots, of course, are another matter entirely (I had a pair of GORGEOUS black leather thigh high boots, with steel toes and 5-inch steel stiletto heels).

Yeah, that style footwear is fine by me. I once dated a woman that wore heels that almost got her to my height. Very much a redhead as well. I barely survived that month.

Right now' date=' what is your actual daylight timeframe? Ours is around 7:30 or 8 to 4 or so, but bear in mind it's almost always overcast, so that steals some time as well.[/quote']

Sunrise at about eleven, sunset about one-thirty . . . But the sky is bright an hour or two before and after - if the sky is clear. So, about a total of three and a half hours of daylight, on a good day.

I never get to see the sun on workdays. :(

Or, I could, if i could just bother myself enough to drag my ass outta the basement . . . :)

Sunrise at about eleven, sunset about one-thirty . . . But the sky is bright an hour or two before and after - if the sky is clear. So, about a total of three and a half hours of daylight, on a good day.

I never get to see the sun on workdays. :(

Or, I could, if i could just bother myself enough to drag my ass outta the basement . . . :)

And people here complain!

Do you have a lot of problems with the daylight-deprivation disorder, I think it's called season-disaffection disorder or such? A fair number here do, though mostly (or as far as I've personally seen nearly all) people from other parts of the country.

Do you have a lot of problems with the daylight-deprivation disorder' date=' I think it's called season-disaffection disorder or such? A fair number here do, though mostly (or as far as I've personally seen nearly all) people from other parts of the country.[/quote']

There are those who do get depressed this time of the year . . . I, myself, has felt a bit drained - for the first time in twenty-nine years! But that could just be my job, o'course. :)

But most people up here are used to the darkness. Think of the poor folk in Kiruna - or in Tromsö, Norway! Complete and utter darkness for months at a stretch . . .

I'd like to see Saddam Hussein on the ballot for the Iraqi presidential election. I mean, really... if the Bush Administration real democracy in Iraq, a truly free election is required, open to all comers including the deposed former president of the nation.

I bet Saddam would not only get a significant percentage he might even win. And if that happened, watching the Bush Administration try and spin the situation would be so much fun to watch.

So, you'd like to see a deranged homicidal lunatic responsible for things like mass graves, torture of children, rape of women in front of their husbands and kids, and the use of weapons of mass destruction against his own citizenry be placed back in charge of a nation central to Mideast stability simply because you think watching the Bush administration deal with it would be "fun".

Seek therapy, Jack. Seriously. Your hatred of Bush has reached unhealthy levels.

EDIT - Actually, never mind. By hoping for a cataclysm like that in America's foreign policy fortunes, you're right up there in good company with Pelosi, Waxman, Conyers, your hero Michael Moore, and the rest of the liberal leadership.

I'd like to see Saddam Hussein on the ballot for the Iraqi presidential election. I mean, really... if the Bush Administration real democracy in Iraq, a truly free election is required, open to all comers including the deposed former president of the nation.

I bet Saddam would not only get a significant percentage he might even win. And if that happened, watching the Bush Administration try and spin the situation would be so much fun to watch.

I think he's got just as much right to run- and slightly more chance to win- than, say, Ralph Nader.

So hopefully the "Democrats" won't sue to keep him off the ballot on the grounds that he'd take votes away from their guy......

JG

Guest Worldmaker

I think he's got just as much right to run- and slightly more chance to win- than, say, Ralph Nader.

So hopefully the "Democrats" won't sue to keep him off the ballot on the grounds that he'd take votes away from their guy......

Rep for you.

Guest Skaramine

I'm tall enough, IMO, thanks, that I won't wear platform shoes (not even the kind with the fish in them).

F***-me/F***-you boots, of course, are another matter entirely (I had a pair of GORGEOUS black leather thigh high boots, with steel toes and 5-inch steel stiletto heels).

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Michelle, if you value my sanity... don't ever post a picture of yourself in those... I have this enormous boot fetish...

what do you mean what sanity?

Guest Skaramine

Rachel's got those boots! :D

'Spensive suckers. lol

The board member who attempted to post this message has temporarily been unplugged due to sensory overload. Please try again when he forgets his mental image of Rachel in Fooq Me boots...

:doi:

Guest Skaramine

Yeah' date=' that style footwear is fine by me. I once dated a woman that wore heels that almost got her to my height. Very much a redhead as well. I barely survived that month.[/quote']

Yeah. I once knew this gorgeous 6 foot tall redhead. I never got up the nerve to date her... but being 5'9"... and then she'd be wearing low heels at times... wow...

Mountain climbing.

I don't want to discuss the politics and I'm NOT drawing a parallel, this is a question out of idle curiousity - would you have wanted to allow Hitler, had he survived, to be in the first German election post-WWII?