Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I find myself lately writing long posts and then deleting them before posting. It seems like a good idea when I start' date=' but my better judgement seems to kick in after I'm done. I think I should exercise more caution until these impulses to post inappropriately abate.[/quote']

I know how you feel.

I have this sort of infamous to-do list I run off of my webpage. It is basically all of my projects or things I need to do that I am horrible about putting off. I normally will remove one and end up adding one. Sometimes I'll knock some items on the list off and find some simple ones to put back up, only to later add some major projects. Over the last month, I have done about one a week. Most of the projects, after all, can't be done after work and usually require a day off.

Can I see it? I'm always trying to get organized and failing miserably, maybe seeing how someone else does it will help.

I've got another job interview tomorrow afternoon. I sure hope things go well. I really need somoeone to hire my ass. I need a job' date=' now! i7pfrusty.gif[/quote']

If I get one, I will willingly send you all the luck and well-wishes sent to me for my job interview, Ayl... and I like the little .gif. Very appropo for my life lately.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Of course I will fully admit that part of my disdain is genre - Firefly is Western Sci-Fi whereas Star Trek is Horatio Hornblower Sci-Fi.

Well, the point I was trying to make was that Star Trek was originally conceived as Western Sci-Fi. That's why the leads were all cast from Westerns. That's why you had phaser pistols. And everyone wore boots. But Star Trek evolved into something else.

I'm not saying Firefly is better than Star Trek, or that it reminds me of Star Trek. But it does remind me of what Star Trek was originally supposed to be. To me, that fact that Star Trek became something else is immaterial.

Doc

Guest Worldmaker

I just saw what might be my next two covers.

Season of Slaughter is a weak title, but the cover rocks.

I wonder if Soft Target is Dead Certain... if it is, then it's a highly acceptable alternate title.

Do they just hand you a title and say "Write something appropriate"?

Guest Skaramine

Do they just hand you a title and say "Write something appropriate"?

No. I write the title and the plot, and the editor does his best to make the title as bland and incoherent as fecking possible.

My titles:

The Damnation Show

Hard Pursuit

The Devil's Tools

Hatebinder

Dead Certain

His titles:

Blood Trade (kind of okay)

Hard Pursuit

Agent of Peril (:sick: )

Season of Slaughter (:rolleyes::sick::joint::idjit: :doi )

Soft Target (kind of okay)

Ah well...

I find myself lately writing long posts and then deleting them before posting. It seems like a good idea when I start' date=' but my better judgement seems to kick in after I'm done. I think I should exercise more caution until these impulses to post inappropriately abate.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm at that point now. :D

JG

I wish my editor would let me use my favorite villain to battle the Executioner...

Except some people wouldn't think that the ghost of George Armstrong Custer would be a racist, bodyjacking killing machine, or feel that turning one of America's "heroes" into such a villain would be kosher.

You should write for Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

JG

Sometimes I try to do things and it just doesn't work out the way I wanted

to. I get real frustrated and I try hard to do it and I take my time and it

doesn't work out the way I wanted to. It's like I concentrate real hard and it doesn't work out, everything I do and everything I try never turns out

It's like I need time to figure these things out, but there's always someone there going "Hey you know we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately. You know, maybe you should get away and maybe you should talk about it, maybe you'll feel a lot better", and I go "No it's okay, you know, I'll figure it out, just leave me alone I'll figure it out. You know, I'll just work by myself". And they go "Well you know if you want to talk about it I'll be here you know and you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it, so why don't you talk about it?"

And I go, "No I don't want to! I'm okay, I'll figure it out myself and they just keep bugging me! They just keep bugging me! It builds up inside and it

builds up inside.

Would you like a Pepsi?

No. I write the title and the plot, and the editor does his best to make the title as bland and incoherent as fecking possible.

My titles:

The Damnation Show

Hard Pursuit

The Devil's Tools

Hatebinder

Dead Certain

His titles:

Hard Pursuit

Ah well...

Did I ever tell you I saw your book at the grocery store and broke out into a giggle fit?

I find myself lately writing long posts and then deleting them before posting. It seems like a good idea when I start, but my better judgement seems to kick in after I'm done. I think I should exercise more caution until these impulses to post inappropriately abate.

Yeah, I'm at that point now. :D

JG

What is this "Judgement" you speak so highly of?

My titles:

The Damnation Show

Hard Pursuit

The Devil's Tools

Hatebinder

Dead Certain

His titles:

Hard Pursuit

Ah well...

Okay, I'm gonna suck it up and ask--exactly what do you write? I mean, these are Bolan books, right? Do you write them, or do others write the stories based on your plots?

What is this "Judgement" you speak so highly of?

Apparently it's something a few people on here have and exercise. I've never had much use for it myself. :D I believe there is also something called "better judgement." I may be wrong about that.

Ah well...

Whatever, it seems to be working. I've never read any of your stuff, but you're getting excellent reader reviews on Amazon. Now I'll have to read you myself.

Apparently it's something a few people on here have and exercise. I've never had much use for it myself. :D I believe there is also something called "better judgement." I may be wrong about that.

Oh sure, first they tell you to get "Judgement"... then "good judgement" ... then suggest "better judgement", and bam, you're in debt before you realize "best Judgement" is out now.

it's all a scam.

Guest Skaramine

Whatever' date=' it seems to be working. I've never read any of your stuff, but you're getting excellent reader reviews on Amazon. Now I'll have to read you myself.[/quote']

Confession - most of those were from overeager friends and my girlfriend. :(

Guest Skaramine

Okay' date=' I'm gonna suck it up and ask--exactly what do you write? I mean, these are Bolan books, right? Do you write them, or do others write the stories based on your plots?[/quote']

I submit proposals. They accept the plot. Then I hammer out 70,000 to 100,000 words of manuscript which they oddly name or edit to incoherency.