Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Skaramine

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I was more into Rita Hayworth and Lauren Bacall.

JG

:tonguewav

Find your own images. I spent a half hour trying to plop Maureen and Liz on my post.

:tonguewav

No challenge here. :)

Now if it was AUdrey I would have a hard decision. I doubt the redhead would be any more interested in sharing than my wife would. :(

Hm, a Challenge...

Hot redhead with a classic Winchester rifle?

MAUREEN%20O

or sultry brunette wielding the power of the Queen of the Nile?

<ahttp://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/eiga/KU/Previews/Plans-32354.jpg>

>sigh<

Tough tough call...

So last night at game night they asked if I could start my Champs campaign next week. I managed to hold off for another couple of weeks as the current GM runs a module, then I am up. Guess I should work on that thing. Looking forward to it as I am going to try to make it a Silver Age style game which the group has never run before. I have most of the background info and generalities complete, now I just need to sit down and start working on the specifics of the campaign world. Guess I need to keep off EQII this weekend and set out guidelines.

Sorry for the rambling. I am half-excited about this because I have some great ideas, half-terrified because I want it to succeed and can't guarentee success.

Why sorry? That's what we do, ramble! Besides, sounds like fun; I've long thought about doing a true Silver Age game but never really get around to it.

Are you going for light-hearted Silver Age?

Why sorry? That's what we do, ramble! Besides, sounds like fun; I've long thought about doing a true Silver Age game but never really get around to it.

Are you going for light-hearted Silver Age?

I plan to make it fairly light-hearted. Describing it as 'tarnished silver age' but plan to have a lot of fun things in it. Will be some definite homages, but I don't plan on, "By golly that was quite a fight Old Chum." It won't be sterile, civilains and criminals may die (in fact one of the aspects is that the team's former archnemesis was put to death by the state). So not quite true Silver Age, but much more four color than the group normally runs.

Still there may be travel to space and cosmic challenges, time travel and other insanity. I am a big fan of the current JSA series, so that will likely be a huge influence on the campaign.

Speaking of JSA, did anyone read this weeks issue? I love the final full page splash. The current Mr. Terrific is in the 1950's surrounded by a Klan rally, "They call me Mr. Terrific."

1) get an empty bottle of Vodka

2) fill it with water

3) bring it to work

4) drink the water

5) watch the expression on the others faces

Now, try the reverse: Get an empty bottle of water, fill it with vodka, bring it to a party, drink the vodka, watch the expressions on others faces. What do you get? No reaction or something close to it, right? Why is that:confused:

But at least you're having a good time!;)

I plan to make it fairly light-hearted. Describing it as 'tarnished silver age' but plan to have a lot of fun things in it. Will be some definite homages, but I don't plan on, "By golly that was quite a fight Old Chum." It won't be sterile, civilains and criminals may die (in fact one of the aspects is that the team's former archnemesis was put to death by the state). So not quite true Silver Age, but much more four color than the group normally runs.

Still there may be travel to space and cosmic challenges, time travel and other insanity. I am a big fan of the current JSA series, so that will likely be a huge influence on the campaign.

Speaking of JSA, did anyone read this weeks issue? I love the final full page splash. The current Mr. Terrific is in the 1950's surrounded by a Klan rally, "They call me Mr. Terrific."

I haven't read the current JSA, that sounds neat, I wonder how many younger people get the "They call me Mr..." thing (though that was even not so entirely well-known when I was young, either, already beginning to fade).

As to the campaign, sounds like fun.

Methinks tis time to needle Skaramine.

Last night the screened the Brits on ITV. These are the British versions of the Grammys. Anyway various people won like Franz Ferdinand getting two out of five awards, Joss Stone got 2, Keane got 2 but the big winners were the Scissor Sisters. The latter are an American band who have made it big over here. They opened the show with Jim Henson's Creature workshop providing a singing barn, singing melons and singing eggs.

The Scissor Sisters won 3 awards International Band, International Breakthrough Artist and International Album. Last award was presented by Siouxsie Sioux who seemed genuinely glad to give them the award.

I didn't know she was going to be present and so it was a nice surprise.

I thought Scissor Sisters were Australian.

JG

I am half-excited about this because I have some great ideas' date=' half-terrified because I want it to succeed and can't guarentee success.[/quote']I hear you, man. I just started a Harn campaign with my group...

And it suddenly hit me - I haven't actually *run* a campaign in, what, fifteen years?!?!

The pregame one-on-one sessions were excellent.

The first session was pretty good.

Man, I want this to be enjoyable for the players.

[sending good thoughts to the GMs he's had over the years]

Wish me luck, eh?

Guest Skaramine

All that hubbub over Charles and Di's fairy-tale wedding so long ago... I think this is the real fairy-tale-come-true:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/index.php

They've been in love for 30+ years! Wow. It's about freakin' time they got hitched.

They were married.

Oh wait, you mean to each other.

Yeah. They cheated on their spouses. They deserve each other.

They also deserve other things... but I must stay cool...