Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

And to this note' date=' Vanguard00, please keep us posted, that is disconcerting, 3 weeks is just long enough to worry.[/quote']

I see he visits here...at least, according to the "last visit" column he was here today. Hopefully that means he's well and possibly just going through a phase, but I'm funny in that there are a few folks in PBEMs and here that I consider friends in spite of never having met them and I get a wee bit concerned when I don't see them after a while.

So Thrak, if you see this, ****ing write me!

And to this note' date=' Vanguard00, please keep us posted, that is disconcerting, 3 weeks is just long enough to worry.[/quote']

But on the other hand, according to the Member List, the last time he was logged in to the HERO boards (presumably just to look around) was yesterday, November 10.

That is, unless someone has "cracked" his account and is logging in as him without his knowledge, as has happened before... :straight:

Interesting that he's dropped in. His last actual post here was October 1.

Eh, I did that during my last multi week absense. Drop in to check something, look up a referance that you forgot, etc. It is unlikely (not unpossible, just inlikely) that if someone cracked his account they would just use it to monitor things for a while. I'd guess he's just busy...

I really think that this rep thing is higly over rated. But then it's hard to appreciate a slick car when you are choking in the dust behind it.

Having reached 100 Rep, I honestly could care less about getting any more down the road. I like to play a game called Newbie Catapult though. When someone makes their first post and has yet to get any rep, you open up the Member's list page and sort by rep. They should be on the last page or next to the last page. Then in your main window, give them rep.

It is fun watching how many pages forward you throw them in reputation with one batch.

Beyond that... I try to rep good posts as I see them.

There seem to be a lot of those "children" around......

JG

I remember there was this guy that came on here and hit everyone that posted on a particular thread with negative rep regardless of what they posted just because the posted didn't like the thread. I believe that was what caused it to be taken away.

I remember there was this guy that came on here and hit everyone that posted on a particular thread with negative rep regardless of what they posted just because the posted didn't like the thread.

:mad: I did not neg rep everyone in that thread, only the post I did not like, it was the whining the endless whining, crying and lamenting that made the moderators take it away. Three bad rep points and no end to the whining yet.

You know this! :mad:

Why do you make up stuff now?

:mad: I did not neg rep everyone in that thread, only the post I did not like, it was the whining the endless whining, crying and lamenting that made the moderators take it away. Three bad rep points and no end to the whining yet.

You know this! :mad:

Why do you make up stuff now?

That was you? I couldn't remember who it was.

All I did remember is that someone (as it turns out it was you) gave me negative reputation for a post I made. And seriously, if you think I was whining you are seriously mistaken.

That was you? I couldn't remember who it was.

All I did remember is that someone (as it turns out it was you) gave me negative reputation for a post I made. And seriously, if you think I was whining you are seriously mistaken.

Like I said, there was more than one. :straight:

JG

Read the thread again' date=' you will see that you have a overly negative reaction.[/quote']I'm not talking about how I felt well over a year ago. I'm talking about right now.

Why do you go on dragging up this old stuff now?
Someone asked what it was that made negative reputation go away.

You seem to have been in a bad mood all week long.
And you seem to have been overly argumentative lately.

Look Trencher, don't make an issue out of this. All it is, is that I recalled the events of something that happened a long time ago differently than it actually went.

Well he is wrong, it was the reaction to me bad repping three people that whipped some posters into a frenzy of whining. And it was then neg rep was turned off. And it was not before your time I think..

Let me check.

*shrugs* Okay.

It'd be appreciated, though, if you could avoid painting my husband as whiny. You see, I love him dearly, and it upsets me a bit to see people saying negative things about him. His ability to recognize a problem while it's still a small, treatable problem is one of the things that's helped our marriage flourish so well.

Heh-heh-heh I did not mean that Super Squirrel was a whiny but that there was a lot of complaining about me bad repping some posts by a LOT of posters back then. One among the frenzy whippers was "good" old bittic if I remember correctly.

I meant that things were blown out of proportion.