Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I'm a live and let live Conservative. With an off beat sense of humor.

Not to mention an all-around nice guy.

Nah' date=' It's at the front. That way they can watch all you people who won't accept your labels peacefully. :winkgrin:[/quote']

:mad:

Dangit, I LIKE the back of the bus! Now you're going to make me sit near the FRONT, where the driver can hear everything I say?

Well, fine, but I guarantee nothing about the cleanliness of the aisle behind my seat. :nya:

Guest Worldmaker

Proudly. ^ v ^

Unfortunately, it's at the back of the bus. - v -;

Where all the best social revolutions started.

Where all the best social revolutions started.

What I loved about the bus strike, was that the PTB that wanted to keep segregation couldn't do anyhitng about it.

How do you MAKE people ride the bus?

Guest Worldmaker

*blushes* Aw shucks! I take back all those bad things I've never said about you. :whistle::winkgrin:

My original reply was going to be "But you never said anything bad about me?"

And then I reread what you posted.

:tonguewav

I'm one of those conservatives.

Generally the views I have get labeled "conservative", but I'm not really sure what I'd call it. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the bigwig corporate types; my attitudes and views come from my rural farm upbringing. Is there some kind of...I dunno..."grass-roots conservatism" or "fundamentalist (not the religious kind) conservatism" or something like that? In short, there needs to be a federal government to handle things like regulating commerce, national defense, and so on, but it should keeps its hands off of and nose out of people's lives as much as possible.

Is there a name for that? :think:

Guest Worldmaker

Generally the views I have get labeled "conservative", but I'm not really sure what I'd call it. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the bigwig corporate types; my attitudes and views come from my rural farm upbringing. Is there some kind of...I dunno..."grass-roots conservatism" or "fundamentalist (not the religious kind) conservatism" or something like that? In short, there needs to be a federal government to handle things like regulating commerce, national defense, and so on, but it should keeps its hands off of and nose out of people's lives as much as possible.

Moderate liberal.

Guest Skaramine

Am I really such a rare specimen: a liberal who loves America and who believes we need to curb spending AND taxes?

Maybe it's time to stop calling myself a liberal. I've always hated labels, anyway.

Or, you're like me and most thinking human beings, someone who can form opinions based on facts, not news spin, and can do simple math to show that we have to learn how to budget our government.

It's called fixing what works, and looking for solutions to things what won't work.

Same type of Conservatism that I have. Traditional is the best word I have.

EDIT: And no I do not think the Modern Conservatives fit that definition.

Or, you're like me and most thinking human beings, someone who can form opinions based on facts, not news spin, and can do simple math to show that we have to learn how to budget our government.

It's called fixing what works, and looking for solutions to things what won't work.

What a concept. :stupid:

Guest Worldmaker

So I'm not actually a conservative?

Now I'm all confused! :weep:

(Thanks for the answer, and you too, Tim.)

No, you are... you see, the definitions were recently changed. The fringe right is now merely the far right. The far right is now the mainstream right. The mainstream right is now the moderate right. The moderate right is now the moderate left, and everything left of them is now the fringe left.

Guest Worldmaker

I prefer a simpler label.

Cantankerous Asshole.

As do we all, my friend. As do we all. :D

So I'm not actually a conservative?

Now I'm all confused! :weep:

(Thanks for the answer, and you too, Tim.)

Dr A, I don't know what political persuasion I am, nor do I really care. All I know that if I lean too far right or too far left it's mighty awkward walking forward, not to mention a slightly distorted way of viewing the world; way balance is the key. :whistle::D

Life has an uncanny symmetry to it: my cousin Theresa's husband - Milton - moonlights as an Elvis impersonator.
lol. (Reason for lol: Your post has an odd struture, I don't expect those words/phrases to be in the same sentance. An example: "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter" has words one doesn't expect to be used together.)

Am I really such a rare specimen: a liberal who loves America and who believes we need to curb spending AND taxes?

Maybe it's time to stop calling myself a liberal. I've always hated labels, anyway.

Opportunist! Crowd-pleaser!

:D