Gravity Control tricks.

ParitySoul

I'm doing a little rebuild of my character Brand X , and I'm looking for inspirations for better more creative Gravity Control tricks to add to my multipower or EC.

Things like poping nails out of things using a few Gees of force.

Historicaly this character has been able to:

Fly

General TK tricks

Holds w/gravity

Shielding against energy/physical objects by bending spacetime

sence things by the minute gravity fields they give off

fly in space with a bubble of captured air

remove objects in suspention as a stunt

I'm looking for something more. I have a lot of attacks that use people as projectiles and indirect is my middle name.

Ideas?

Re: Gravity Control tricks.

Dispel vs Flight. Yes, they can turn it back on next phase -- but they'll be 1/2 DCV until then and have to either make a Breakfall roll or spend half a phase righting themselves...

Dispel vs Desolidification. Depending on how you feel about it this may require Affects Desolid and/or benefit from "Only versus SFX where the victim could logically be 'pressed back together' " limitation. Another one where it may only affect them for a phase, but timed right it can be a nasty surprise.

Summon 3-4 "Grabbers", Object of Opportunity (OIF). Basically a weird varient on Entangle, but instead of the usual mechanic you "summon" 3-4 automatons designed to leap at the victim, grab them, and then hold them and/or squeeze the life out of them. I have a 215-pt writeup for this that works particularly well without being overpowered.

Entangle, Object of Opportunity (OIF), actual DEF cannot exceed DEF of object used(-1/2): the simpler, more straight-forward version of the above. Entangles the victim using objects in the environment.

NND: G-Force shock. Defense is making a Combat Piloting Skill Roll, having Gravity Powers, or lacking a nervous system.

Dispel vs Desolidification. Depending on how you feel about it this may require Affects Desolid and/or benefit from "Only versus SFX where the victim could logically be 'pressed back together' " limitation. Another one where it may only affect them for a phase, but timed right it can be a nasty surprise.

This would probably have to have a huge disadvantage, as I just don't see it working against most desolification special effects. In general I would avoid any powers that do anything to desolid other than affect the desolid characters, mainly because desolid is used for so many oddball purposes that it often wouldn't be logical.

We have a hologram character in our hero game. He isn't actually there, so there is no affecting him truly at all. You can dispel his power, but that won't make him solid, it will just make him vanish. Same thing, an affects desolid power could hurt this character by the rules. but it logically couldn't. Of course there is ONE way to affect said character, destroy the little widget that generates him, and he dies (well, his hologram dies at least).

Not sure if we have said character built correctly by the rules or not (almost certainly not), but since he can't touch ANYTHING, EVER, he is still not imbalanced.

Well, we could always invoke the Einsteinian gravity theory, which states that the force we call gravity is not simply an attraction-force between objects, but instead the result of a subtle curvature of the space-time continuum ...

which means you can do pretty much whatever you bloody well want. :)

This is what happens when you play Champions under a physics major.

Gravity Well: TK, Explosion, Only to Pull Object to Self

Wormhole: Teleportation, Megascale

Gravity Trap: Suppress vs. STR

Bend Time:

Suppress/Drain vs. SPD

Life Support - Longevity

Bend Light:

Invisibility

Images

Darkness

Gravity Lens: Lots and lots of Telescopic Vision (maybe even Megascaled)

Slingshot:

Aid to Flight, Only When Someone Flies Past You

Naked Advantage: No Turn Mode, Usable By Others, Only When Someone Uses You as Anchor of Turn

Skin Surface Gravity: Clinging w/ Damage Shield

Point Singularity Gun: RKA, NND (Defense is ‘force field’ or Gravity Powers), Does Body [may even want to add Affects Desolid of the “dispersed molecule†variety]

There's a few Niven stories out there that have some good ideas. "Tales From Known Space" & "N Space" are two of his short story anthologies that have some stories along these themes.