Vibora Bay... the Mystery of the Queen City

Hermit

At the home page there's an advertisement saying it is coming out in October. Gives some nice details.

Does anyone know when this month it is expected though?

Is anyone else looking forward to this as I am?

If anyone gets their hands on it, please, let us know what you think and that it's out. :)

Re: Vibora Bay... the Mystery of the Queen City

From said advertisement:

THE CITY OF SHADOWS

Welcome to scenic Vibora Bay! One of the Gulf Coast’s largest and most exciting cities, it’s a center of commerce, culture, tourism... and strange goings-on.

Vibora Bay details this fascinating city, which maintains unusual traditions of mysticism and religion alongside modern technology and habits. With its eclectic inhabitants and frequent paranormal incidents, it holds a lot of attraction for superheroes — and supervillains. Vibora Bay includes:

—a complete history of the city, from pre-colonial days to the present... including a secret history for the heroes to uncover!

—a description of the city and surrounding region, with detailed maps

—information about daily life in the city, including its unusual traditions and mystic phenomena

—nearly twenty new superheroes (including such stalwarts as Black Mask, Dr. Ka, Juryrig, and the enigmatic Robert Caliburn) and supervillains (like the unliving assassin Deadman Walkin’ and the members of the bizarre Cirque Sinister)

—a GM’s Vault containing all the true and secret information about Vibora Bay and its inhabitants, so players can use the book without learning any of the “GM only†information the Gamemaster plans to create adventures with

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm liking the sound of it.

It sounds like a lot of fun to me too. I love city books. I love when my character gets to visit different cities in the game. Even though I do not play in the Champions Universe this does sound like a fun city. Between Vibora Bay and Hudson City I will be in gamer hog-heaven. :)

Maybe he's visiting? I mean' date=' Millennium City is nice and all, but a hero has to stretch his legs some times.[/quote']

Maybe he and Black Mask have decided to change cities, and she will be joining the Champions. It would be nice to see a "legacy" character added to the team roster.

That's not Nighthawk. That is Dr. Ka's astral form.

And yes it is Blask Mask X. I'm not entirely sure why she has green in her costume, tho.

It's the green in the mask that bothers me. Nitpickery perhaps, but it kind of kills the namesake.

"And why the blue rajah? You don't even wear blue!"

"It's all very logical if you know your history..." ;)

Yeah, the costume is right but the mask should have been darker. I just think somebody's shining a green light on her from somewhere. And yeah, that's Dr. Ka's astral form. He's got a connection to Horus and several other Egyptian gods, hence the bird motif in his helmet. The portrait inside shows it off better. dw

Yeah' date=' the costume is right but the mask should have been darker. I just think somebody's shining a green light on her from somewhere. And yeah, that's Dr. Ka's astral form. He's got a connection to Horus and several other Egyptian gods, hence the bird motif in his helmet. The portrait inside shows it off better. dw[/quote']

And Darren get a No-prize :D

And I agree with proditor about the cityscape, very nice, and already this is getting easier to visualize.

As I live in Florida that skyline and general atmosphere isn't hard to visualize. Vibora Bay is a West Coast City and they're a little different from the Easterly ones. Miami for example. City reminds me of Jackonsonville though.

What part of Florida is it located?

In the real world, High Street (which runs north-south and bisects the city) is the county line between Walton and Bay counties (which helped us find it on the map easily.) We've turned a fairly straight stretch of coast west of Panama City into a shallow bay running a couple of miles inland, but beyond that we've tried to keep the surroundings as real as possible. Many of the smaller towns in the area have kept the same names, though in most cases they've become larger in population and changed in character a bit to reflect the changed history of having an enormous city plopped in their midst. dw

I know I already said it, but man that cover is sweet. Not for the hot chick (Though thanks for that) but that cityscape just screams atmosphere. Between the pretty cover as a playing aid and the descriptions so far, this just went on my must buy list.