Favorite Television Characters

jackalope

Re: Favorite Television CharactersOkay, I'm ready to take some criticism on this one, since I know Buffy characters are highly considered. This is my version of Spike, as of Season 4, Episode 7 "The Initiative", when he becomes a regular on the show and begins his transformation into a hero.SpikePlayer: PC

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
26 DEX 48
25 CON 30
20 BODY 20
13 INT 3
15 EGO 10
20/30 PRE 10
16 COM 3
15 PD 10
15 ED 10
5 SPD 14
10 REC 0
60 END 5
50 STUN 4
6" RUN02" SWIM05" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 182
Cost Power END
Vampire
7 1) Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED); Traditional Vampire Weaknesses (-1) 0
15 2) Invulnerable: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Traditional Vampire Weaknesses (-1) 0
6 3) Vamp Out!: Autofire (2 shots; +1/4) for up to 25 Active Points of STR 1
1 4) Vamp Out!: +10 PRE; Only For Intimidation (-1) plus -8 COM 0
15 5) Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2), Traditional Vampire Weaknesses (-1), Self Only (-1/2) 0
5 6) Nightvision: Nightvision 0
12 7) Enhanced Perception: +4 PER with all Sense Groups 0
Powers Cost: 61
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Fang Fu
4 1) Bite: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6 +1
4 2) Bite Hold: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb, 2d6 HKA, Must Follow Choke Hold or Bite
4 3) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 4) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 3 1/2d6 NND
4 5) Cross Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 10d6 Strike
4 6) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 7) Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, 8d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3 8) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 9d6 Strike, Target Falls
12 9) +3 HTH Damage Class(es)
Martial Arts Cost: 42
Cost Skill
3 Acting 13- (15-)
3 Gambling 12-
5 Interrogation 14- (16-)
1 KS: Poetry 8-
6 KS: Popular Culture 15-
3 Persuasion 13- (15-)
7 Shadowing 14-
5 Stealth 15-
7 Streetwise 15- (17-)
10 +2 with DCV
15 +3 with HTH Combat
Skills Cost: 65
Val Disadvantages
15 Accidental Change (Vamp Out!): Surprise Attacks 11- (Common)
25 Distinctive Features: Vampire (No Reflection, No Heartbeat, Cold) (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Enraged: Berserk When Hungry, Check Every Time Nears Food (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
20 Physical Limitation: Cannot Successfully Attack Normals (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)
15 Psychological Limitation: In Love With Buffy (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Utterly Ammoral (Common, Total)
15 Susceptibility: Attacking A Normal, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
25 Susceptibility: Sunlight, 1d6 damage per Phase (Very Common)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 5' 10" Hair: Blonde
Weight: 150 lbs Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Personality: Quote:"If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock. I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flowerperson, and I spent the next six hours watchin' my hand move." Background: Known in real-life as William the "Bloody" because his poetry was so "bloody awful" that everyone he knew would mock and laugh, Spike's vampire nickname came from his favourite means of torture - railway spikes. Before being turned, his mortal life was miserable: the one thing he loved in the world, Cecily,did not return his affection. She said that he was beneath him. William caught the eye of Drusilla and he soon after became Spike. Spike traveled the world with the trio of Angel, Darla and Drusilla, causing death and destruction everywhere he went. It wasn't until Angel mentioned the "Slayer," that Spike found a new purpose in life. He became obsessed with killing the slayer. He finally got his utmost desire when he killed his first slayer during the boxer rebellion. Spike killed his second slayer in New York during the 70's. He would then spend time in Europe with Dru and finally had to return to America after an angry mob in Prague almost killed her.

Spike came to Sunnydale in order to restore Drusilla back to perfect health. Since he had some time on his hands, he began an obsession with killing the slayer. He tried time and time again to rid himself of the slayer, but she stopped every plan that he hatched. After one particularly bad plan involving killing Angel to make Dru better, Spike found himself helpless in a wheelchair. It wasn't too soon after that Angelus returned and made Spike's life hell. He had to sit around helpless as Angelus began to work his way back into Dru's dead cold heart.

To get Dru back, Spike formed an alliance with Buffy to stop Angelus from ending the world. His part of the bargain was to take Dru and leave Sunnydale. This move would cost him Dru's love.

In order to exact his revenge on Buffy, Spike came back to Sunnydale and kidnapped Willow and Xander to work a love spell. He wanted Dru back and thought this spell will do it. He called off the spell and decided to get Dru back on his own. They were happy for a time, but all she could sense was the slayer.

Spike returned to Sunnydale for the Gem of Amarra, a gem that would make him impervious to all means of death. Once again, his plan failed and he was soon caught by the Initiative and fitted with a chip that wouldn't allow him to hurt any living creature. He started to develop feelings for Buffy and became a reluctantly accepted part of the Scooby gang when his vampire strength was needed, but always at arm's length and never completely trusted. - http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/helygenshaven/Buffycharacters_spike.html

Powers/Tactics: Spike likes to hit things very hard and make them hurt. He fights like an animal, stalking his prey, leaping on it, and tearing it to pieces. He is incredibly agile, but there si no grace in what he does, only savagery.

Spike is a vampire, and as such is super strong, fast, and is a master of martial arts. He has fangs, a scary demon face, drinks blood, hates crosses, and can only be killed by fire, sunlight, decapitation, and a wooden stake through the heart.

Because of the inhibitor chip in his brain, Spike cannot attack normal humans. Any conscious attempt to directly injure a normal human results in horrible, staggering pain.

Campaign Use: 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Favorite Television Characters

Okay' date=' I'm ready to take some criticism on this one, since I know Buffy characters are highly considered. This is my version of Spike, as of Season 4, Episode 7 "The Initiative", when he becomes a regular on the show and begins his transformation into a hero.[/quote']

NICELY done. I would have been tempted to bump him to a SPD 6, but I'm a SPD 6 kind of guy. Ask my players, I think everyone should have a SPD 6! :)

Very well done, indeed.

NICELY done. I would have been tempted to bump him to a SPD 6, but I'm a SPD 6 kind of guy. Ask my players, I think everyone should have a SPD 6! :)

Very well done, indeed.

If I'm going to make a 350pt Buffy, which I am, I want her to set the top limit with a 6 SPD. Because she's faster than Spike.

Rapier, RUN, don't walk, to Blockbuster or even Wal-Mart to get Firefly.

Firefly was so well written that even non-fans of science fiction liked it.

True story: A friend gave me the DVD set for Christmas last year, and I started watching it. My wife (who, bless her, tolerates my Star Trek addiction but is most assuredly not an SF fan), saw the first episode with me, which I had not seen when it was on TV. (She watched the first episode shown, which is somewhere about 4th in chronology, and promptly lost interest.)

She liked it so much she refused to let me watch the rest of the DVDs without her.

When we hit the end of the set, she was every bit as annoyed as I was that it was over.

Now THAT'S a good show.

(Now if next summer would just hurry up and get here, so we can see Serenity, Joss Whedon's movie sequel to the series.)

Jackalope, good write-ups for the Firefly crew. I hope you'll post more.

I didn't like it' date=' but I've yet to see Cowboy Sci-fi that I've liked.[/quote']

I'd say give COWBOY BEBOP a try, except its all film noir and pulp-styled detective stuff (with a strong dash of Hong Kong heroic bloodshed thrown in as well), and aside from the title, has very little to do with cowboys.

I didn't like it' date=' but I've yet to see Cowboy Sci-fi that I've liked. My wife enjoyed it quite a bit and she's not a sci-fi fan. PS - but she is a Joss Whedon fan. PPS - I didn't dislike it, not particularly anyway, either, just found it boring.[/quote']Which episodes did you see? I caught the aired pilot when it first aired, and didn't watch it again. Then a good friend loaned me the box set, and it sat around my house for a few months til she came over and made me sit down and watch the episode "Jaynestown", which totally hooked me. Out of the 13 eps on in the set, the aired pilot is the absolute worst, as it was rushed into production. On that note, he's the latest, First Mate Zoe Warren.Zoe WarrenPlayer: Gina Torres
Val Char Cost
16 STR 6
15 DEX 15
16 CON 12
14 BODY 8
11 INT 1
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
14 COM 2
6/14 PD 3
4/9 ED 1
4 SPD 15
7 REC 2
32 END 0
36 STUN 6
8" RUN42" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 82
Cost Skill
Combat Training
8 1) +1 with All Combat
5 2) Accurate Sprayfire
3 3) Analyze: Combat 11-
3 4) Defense Maneuver I
3 5) Fast Draw 12-
5 6) Rapid Attack (Ranged)
5 7) Rapid Autofire
3 8) WF: Small Arms, Blades
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Combat Driving 12-
2 PS: Soldier 11-
3 Riding 12-
1 Streetwise 8-
1 Systems Operation 8-
2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Tracked Military Vehicles
3 Tactics 11-
3 Teamwork 12-
Skills Cost: 56
Cost Talent
12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
Talents Cost: 12
Cost Equipment END
$95 Holland "Bulldog" 8 Guage Shotgun: Multipower, 30-point reserve, all slots OAF (-1), 2 clips of 8 Charges (-1/4)
u 1) Full Choke: Ranged Killing Attack 1d6 (vs. ED), Explosion (Cone; -1 DC/5"; +1); No Range (-1/2) 0
u 2) Closed Choke: Ranged Killing Attack 1d6+1 (vs. PD), Armor Piercing (+1/2) 0
Shotgun Butt: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6; OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) 1
$82 SW17 "Sidewinder" Gascharge Laser Pistol: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1 (vs. ED), 16 Charges (+0), Autofire (2 shots; +1/4); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) [16]
Explosive Grenades: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (vs. ED), Explosion (+1/2); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [3]
$75 Bulletproof Vest: Armor (8 PD/5 ED); Activation Roll 11- (-1), IIF (-1/4), Real Armor (-1/4) 0
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.
Val Disadvantages
10 Dependent NPC: "Wash" Warren, Husband 14- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
5 Money: Poor
10 Psychological Limitation: Dour (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal To A Fault (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Overprotective of Husband (Common, Total)
10 Social Limitation: Fought On The Wrong Side (Occasionally, Major)
5 Unluck: 1d6
Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 75Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 150

Height: 2.00 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Personality: Quote:"Battle wounds are nothing new to me, preacher. I've seen men live with a dozen holes in 'em this size."Background: Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Which episodes did you see? I caught the aired pilot when it first aired, and didn't watch it again. Then a good friend loaned me the box set, and it sat around my house for a few months til she came over and made me sit down and watch the episode "Jaynestown", which totally hooked me. Out of the 13 eps on in the set, the aired pilot is the absolute worst, as it was rushed into production. (snip)

Given yours and others' comments I must really need to check it out. The pilot is the only episode I watched all the way through and must admit I wasn't really watching beyond a casual glance at later shows.

We have them, so I'll watch that episode, thanks for the advice!

If people don't mind' date=' I've copied the entire thread into one rtf file and will convert everyone's designs to HTML and place them up on my website with all the other TV and Movie designs people have submitted.[/quote']

I don't mind at all. I was going to email them all to you once I was done, but this plan works too.

Captain Malcom Reynolds

Disadvantages

Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Moderate)

This is a tricky one... Mal seems quite willing to kill anyone who messes with his ship or crew, without any real difficulty (see Train Job) and he certainly didn't seem reluctant to kill folks during the War. I'm not entirely sure how appropriate this would be as a Psych Lim for the character. To me, having it implies that he gets second thoughts about killing people, and can only manage to do it with an Ego roll, which doesn't match with my impression of Mal in the show. Sorry, just a little nitpick! :D

This is a tricky one... Mal seems quite willing to kill anyone who messes with his ship or crew' date=' without any real difficulty (see Train Job) and he certainly didn't seem reluctant to kill folks during the War. I'm not entirely sure how appropriate this would be as a Psych Lim for the character. To me, having it implies that he gets second thoughts about killing people, and can only manage to do it with an Ego roll, which doesn't match with my impression of Mal in the show. Sorry, just a little nitpick! :D[/quote']

No, I agree totally. This was my first attempt, and I'd only watched about half the episodes. I based the CvK on his actions in "Shindig", where he spares Atherton's life. Now that I've seen all of them, my latest version of Mal has no such limitation.

When I saw him kick Niska's henchman into Serenity's turbines, while bound and disarmed, simply because he said "I'll hunt you don", I was like "Uh, nevermind, that guy has no code vs killing at all!"

No, I agree totally. This was my first attempt, and I'd only watched about half the episodes. I based the CvK on his actions in "Shindig", where he spares Atherton's life. Now that I've seen all of them, my latest version of Mal has no such limitation.

When I saw him kick Niska's henchman into Serenity's turbines, while bound and disarmed, simply because he said "I'll hunt you don", I was like "Uh, nevermind, that guy has no code vs killing at all!"

Heh, yeah, definitely. Spoilers follow:

The reason he spares people like Atherton or Saffron is because he doesn't feel they need to die. It's more appropriate that they live with failure. When I was writing that post earlier, Niska's henchman was exactly who I was thinking of.

The way he shot down the Alliance agent (in the head, as he walked in, almost casually) was not only pretty cold, but showed he is a pretty scarey gunman.

Heh, yeah, definitely. Spoilers follow:

The reason he spares people like Atherton or Saffron is because he doesn't feel they need to die. It's more appropriate that they live with failure. When I was writing that post earlier, Niska's henchman was exactly who I was thinking of.

Yup. He has the same 0 point reluctance to kill that most normal people have. Even Jayne seems to have it (check out the flashback episode where he shoots his former employer in the leg instead of the head.)

Really liking this thread. Now to just find a character from TV that I like enough to write him up.... Hmmm... Have the Kids Next Door been done?

At first I was thinking of the Kids in the Hall, and I was thinking "why would someone write up the Kids in the Hall?" Then it made more sense.

Hey, I have another one, anyone done anything for "The Secret Life of Alex Mack"? PS - she'd be easy enough to write up but I haven't seen it in years; basic oozing/stretching, some invisibility to cover the usage. There's also that weird organization her father works for.

I'm probably dating myself with this one, but I'd kinda like to see some write-ups of the characters from Magnum, P.I. Wish I remembered more of the details of the show, but (much like Firefly and Buffy) the main characters were virtually a set of PCs. No elements of the fantastic in the show to speak of, but it was a pretty entertaining show nevertheless.

I wonder how one could create the Doctor from "Doctor Who" as a Champions character... he's on life 8 at the moment of 13 (he can regenerate 12 times, remember, although he'll be on life 9 in fall 2005 when the series comes back on the air)...

Hmm...

I already know that creating any of the Dragonball Z characters would pretty much wipe the floor with anyone else... ha, there's a thought, sic someone like Goku or Vegeta on Dr. Destroyer and watch what happens!

Cheers,

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Visit my thread...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24273

At first I was thinking of the Kids in the Hall' date=' and I was thinking "why would someone write up the Kids in the Hall?" Then it made more sense.[/quote']

Mean Old Man

Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
8 DEX -6
8 CON -4
8 BODY -4
8 INT -2
8 EGO -4
8 PRE -2
8 COM -1
2 PD 0
2 ED 0
6 SPD 0
4 REC 0
16 END 0
16 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM01 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: -25

Cost Power END
7 "I'm Crushing Your Head!": Major Transform 1 point (Living Person to Dead Person, Ressurection, Zombification), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2); Gradual Effect (1 Year; -2 3/4), Gestures (-1/4) 0
7 +7 OCV with "I'm Crushing Your Head"
25 +5 SPD; Only For Using "I'm Crushing Your Head!" (-1)
Powers Cost: 39

Cost Skill
6 KS: Stuff No One Cares About 15-
6 PS: Being Crotchty 15-
Skills Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 26

Val Disadvantages
15 Hunted: "I'm Squeezing Your Head" Guy 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Bah Humbug! (Common, Total)
15 Physical Limitation: Really Old (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 25

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0