Amazing Amoeba Powers

Lord Mhoram

As the title suggests this is a quest for powers- A group brainstorm.

The character in question is an amoeba. His name, amazingly enough, is Meeb**. I have him built, but am looking for unusual shapeshifter/brick tricks. Here is the pertinent data - Meeb has a 50 STR, and shapeshift touch and sight - with the limitation that he still always looks and feels like the amoeba he is, but he really has no actual form (well maybe the equivelent of a bean bag chair). He also has stretching. His shapeshift will not let him really be rigid, just his amoebiodial self.

Most shapshift powers are the "grow wings/teeth" kind of things, and that doesn't really fit Meeb.

He has a multipower for "shapeshift and stretching" tricks.

What I have come up with -

HA (big psuedo pod)

+OCV (lots of little psuedopods)

Area affect on STR (can spread out and use his str over an area)*

Extra strength (only for holding on)

Darkness sight hearing non ranged(glom over head)

Usable by other on STR and Def (Meeb armor)

Double KB on STR (Slingshot effect)

CE - Area to area covered by an amoeba (hits dex, CV strength)

Desolid - not to pass through objects (and also for opening holes in himself to avoid attacks)

Superleap and extra noncom (sproing)

So any other ideas would be welcome.

* this also leads to the fastball special varient called Organic Grenade when he gets thrown into the middle of the bad guys and goes "Splrong" and hits them all.

** yes this is a PC.

Re: Amazing Amoeba Powers

gliding spreads out really wide

extra swimming whippy flaggella

clinging seeps into surfaces apreading out pesudopodia

swinging depends how long those pesudo pods can get

an entangle with backlash and linked KA envelops the target and tries to digest them

DUPLICATION after all this is what single selled life is good at

Shapeshifter Martial Arts, 40 total Points

Didn't Expect That, Did You?: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 4d6 Strike

I'm In Your Nose: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND

I'm In Your Eyes: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 4d6

You Can't Hold Me: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 25 STR vs. Grabs

I'm All Around You: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 20 STR for holding on

I Will Absorb You: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 6d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

Your Arm Is In Me: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block

You Can't Push Water: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 25 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort

I'm A Wave: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 25 STR to Shove

I'm Not There: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

extra swimming whippy flaggella

yeah after I posted I thought about doing the "Squid thing" with swimming... he makes himslef a hollow cylander and compresses the water through. Liked the other things too - Can't believe I didn't think of the glider thing.

Shapeshifter Martial Arts' date=' 40 total Points[/quote']

I like those. I will likely get those at some point.

Damage Reduction, Physical (no bones to break)

Force Wall, -1 Feedback (engulf someone and protect them with your amoeba body)

Lack of Weakness ("which way is up on this thing, anyway?")

Clairsentience (pseudopod around the corner)

Find Weakness, on STR (blob over someone and squeeze into the cracks in their defenses)

I like freakboy6117's Duplication suggestion. I'm also thinking that some sort of triggered Duplication to simulate massive damage simply splitting Meeb into two amoebas would be quite fun. Maybe link a persistent level of Shrinking with the Duplication.

I like freakboy6117's Duplication suggestion. I'm also thinking that some sort of triggered Duplication to simulate massive damage simply splitting Meeb into two amoebas would be quite fun. Maybe link a persistent level of Shrinking with the Duplication.

Want real complexity? Give him Multiform instead of Duplication. One form has Duplication, 2 selves, never recombine, and 1 level Shrinking. Another has 16 selves, never recombine, and 4 levels shrinking...

Perhaps a suffocation attack (gloms over someone's head)

The Force Wall could also be used to hold an opponent in.

Bonus levels with Sweep, or Autofire STR, to strike with multiple pseudopods at the same time. I'd go with the Sweep approach so he can hit multiple targets more easily.

How about a Entangle bought as a damage shield -- when he's punched' date=' the fist gets stuck in his gooey body.[/quote']

One thing I was goig to get later was a DS clinging. :)

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

For those interested this is a character I played for maybe a couple of months back in '86. Recently a new game started, and I realized that almost all of my characters for the last little while had fallen into a rut, and wanted to play something different and off the wall. And then I thought of good 'ol Meeb.

The whole idea for the character (way back when) was a conversation I had with my GM. I had only just begun learning the game, and I had built two characters, both bricks (I liked defence - new to the game and all, and I didn't understand other character types). In trying to get more reduction, I asked the GM (who was very stringent about SFX) what I needed to do to justify 3/4 reduction, he responded flippantly "Only if you are an amoeba". I went home and built the character. The look on his face when I brought the character in the next session was priceless. Of all the stuff listed above the only holdover from the original sessions was the whole "Organic Grenade" concept.

You don't actually have to get Shapeshift' date=' you have all your abilities described. The SFX for the powers is "shapeshifting".[/quote']

Quite likely. However it seems something of a non-sequiter for me to have all these shapeshifting style powers without shapeshift. Even if the GM OKed it, I would feel uncormfortable... besides right now points are not an issue. Plus there are some areas I plan to have him grow into (not exactly related to other things here) that would need shapeshift - for example he talks by vibrating his outer membrane. At one point I will make the shapeshifting sound and imitation so he can sound like anything, including car noises or what have you.

One thing I was goig to get later was a DS clinging. :)

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

For those interested this is a character I played for maybe a couple of months back in '86. Recently a new game started, and I realized that almost all of my characters for the last little while had fallen into a rut, and wanted to play something different and off the wall. And then I thought of good 'ol Meeb.

The whole idea for the character (way back when) was a conversation I had with my GM. I had only just begun learning the game, and I had built two characters, both bricks (I liked defence - new to the game and all, and I didn't understand other character types). In trying to get more reduction, I asked the GM (who was very stringent about SFX) what I needed to do to justify 3/4 reduction, he responded flippantly "Only if you are an amoeba". I went home and built the character. The look on his face when I brought the character in the next session was priceless. Of all the stuff listed above the only holdover from the original sessions was the whole "Organic Grenade" concept.

Maybe it's just my headache, but I can't get past the image of Meeb in his secret ID as mild mannered reporter "Glub Burbble".

Meeb with a blue sports jacket draped over him as he flows through the news room, hat on his "head", eyeglasses with a fake nose and moustache underneath.

Meeb, still in his Secret ID, having lunch with his reporter girlfriend Lois.

Meeb, catching Lois and the falling helicopter, as both break his surface tension and float inside of him.

Glub Burbble in Lois' apartment, drawing himelf up to his full height and pulling off his hat and glasses, and then losing his nerve ...

I need coffee.

Maybe it's just my headache' date=' but I can't get past the image of Meeb in his secret ID as mild mannered reporter "Glub Burbble".[/quote']

Okay, you have now added to the legend. If if comes up what his "real name" is in game (Meeb is what some kids who found him when his ship crashed called him) I am going to use Glub Burbble.