NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Twinkies, Fruit Pies and Ding Dongs. Which Hostess does not realize are only three of millions of things that have been successfully used to distract Foxbat.

NT: The worst possible musical act you can hire for the Super Bowl halftime show.

An all-mime a cappella group.  (Though to be fair, their air guitar bit is pretty impressive.)

NT:  The worst possible advertisement to air during the Super Bowl.

Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Rebecca Black.  (Which would also work for a worst possible musical act for the Super Bowl.)

Bieber actually did perform at the 2013 Grey Cup (championship of the Canadian Football League). Evidently the Canadians aren't quite as sick of his antics as the Americans are.

The latest video Al Qaida has uploaded to You Tube

NT: Subtle Signs that the world is Going to Hell in a Handbasket

They're out of Cadillacs to drive people down the Highway to Hell in.

NT: Unexpected downsides to owning a Cadillac made of solid gold.

NT: Unexpected downsides to owning a Cadillac made of solid gold.

Ending up at the bottom of the gulch because the 15,000 pound limit bridge collapsed under the vehicle's enormous weight.

NT: Other things that end up at the bottom of the gulch due to weight issues.

NT: Other things that end up at the bottom of the gulch due to weight issues.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's presidential aspirations.

New Topic: The actors portraying Star Lord and Captain America have made a friendly wager on the outcome of the Super Bowl.  What other celebrities are making wagers, and what are they betting?

NT: It is snowing over here. Things that are not affected please.

Death Tribble's inexplicable fascination with that plain-looking girl from the X-Files.

New Topic: Unexpected consequences of Katy Perry singing at the Super Bowl halftime show.

Must... resist urge... to make joke... about things being... fully inflated...

Guys will pay attention to more than the commercials during halftime.

True story - decades ago, when Shania Twain was first starting her career, my wife and I were playing some game with my sister and her husband. The TV was on, but the volume was way down.  Whatever program it was, Shania came out on stage and I looked at the TV and made the comment, "Wow, she's hot."  A few weeks later, my wife bought me one of her CDs, "...because you liked her singing on [whatever show]."   I wisely didn't say aloud what I was thinking:  Oh, she sings?!

NT:  surprising things people are going to bet on during the Super Bowl, other than anything related in any way to the game itself.