Escape From Stronghold scenario

Wanderer

Has anyone ever run or played a scenario where the characters are caught by law enforcement and jailed (either b/c they are PC lawbreaking supervillains/vigilantes, or law-abiding superheroes framed into a crime) in a superprison like CU's Stronghold (or UNTIL prison), or Marvelverse's the Vault, and they have to evade ?

Having to deal with fellow super-inmates ? Breaking through the super-cells, or disabling the power suppressors ? Fighting the power-armored guards ? Breaking or stealthing through the perimeter survellaince and defenses ?

Re: Escape From Stronghold scenario

Has anyone ever run or played a scenario where the characters are caught by law enforcement and jailed (either b/c they are PC lawbreaking supervillains/vigilantes, or law-abiding superheroes framed into a crime) in a superprison like CU's Stronghold (or UNTIL prison), or Marvelverse's the Vault, and they have to evade ?

Having to deal with fellow super-inmates ? Breaking through the super-cells, or disabling the power suppressors ? Fighting the power-armored guards ? Breaking or stealthing through the perimeter survellaince and defenses ?

I played in one many many moons ago--whenever the Stronghold supplement first came out. We were an established team of heroes and had been set up to make it look like we did something wrong (I can't remember what...I wanna say theft of a nuclear device or something, and a guard died...crap, can't remember). Anyway, we went quietly, and by default we were placed in a temporary holding cell. During that time someone in the group got into a fight with other "temp" inmates, resulting in that person's hospitalization. The DA then recommended we be held in Stronghold until the trial as we posed a significant threat.

While incarcerated it was hinted that the whole thing was a set up to remove us from play while the real bad guys did their thing. The DA was in on it, of course. We had to break out of Stronghold to stop the bad guys. We did, but two of the five were dropped (the players took over "substitute" heroes during the campaign so they could keep playing).

It was fun, but we felt like everything was stacked against us that particular adventure. I think our GM had the right idea but got a little too into the whole "we must hold them no matter what" routine. Still, overall it was a good time.

Days of Future Past I did know as a classic X-men narrative arc. I'm absolutely unaware of it being ever been made a RPG scenario by whatever RPG publishing house. Ditto for Stronghold. Was it ever the focus of a Champions sourcebook or adventure ? (bear me: I climbed the Hero system boat with 5th Ed: everything that transpired before is fog and darkness).

Care to elaborate further ?

Days of Future Past I did know as a classic X-men narrative arc. I'm absolutely unaware of it being ever been made a RPG scenario by whatever RPG publishing house. Ditto for Stronghold. Was it ever the focus of a Champions sourcebook or adventure ? (bear me: I climbed the Hero system boat with 5th Ed: everything that transpired before is fog and darkness).

There were a series of "Days of Future Past" modules made for the old Marvel RPG (FASERIP version). Stronghold was the second published Champions module, right after Island of Dr. Destroyer - first appearance of the villain Ripper, among others. Info for it was also included in the 4th Ed Classic Enemies.

I once had the superpatriotic all-American type get arrested. He got sent to a minimal security, white-colalr prison where all the inmated complained about the lack of enough tennis courts.

Afterwards, he testified before congress demanding harsher prisons.

Another time, I had the super-psionic girl get imprisoned, after revealing she was psionic. (psionics were persecuted). Prison in theis case was a secret sanitarium in Maryland, where all the inmates were kept drugged and sedated. After she led the revolt, PRIMUS showed up with the artillery to besiege the place. Other players and a horde of heroes eventually had to show up, leding to a classic good guy vs. good guy battle.

The scenario worked out pretty well, especially because none of the other PC's were supposed to know that she was a psionic...she claimed to be a wizard, which marked her as a loon, not a criminal.

"Stronghold" was a source book/adventure back in...um....the early 80s, I think. First edition, maybe second. It had villains like Ripper, Thok and...um...a couple of others I can't remember. Basically it was the first detailing of the superprison, with rules for holding cells and such. There were several adventure subplots, everything from a prison breakout to heroes being stuck in Stronghold for some reason. Hard to find, I know, but there's a copy on eBay right now.

TSR had a four module Futures Past arc for their Marvel Super Heroes RPG:

MX1 Nightmares of Futures Past

MX2 The X-Potential

MX3 Reap the Whirlwind

MX4 Flames of Doom

Escape From Stronghold was the second adventure published for Champions back in 1981.

"Stronghold" was a source book/adventure back in...um....the early 80s' date=' I think. First edition, maybe second. It had villains like Ripper, Thok and...um...a couple of others I can't remember. Basically it was the first detailing of the superprison, with rules for holding cells and such. There were several adventure subplots, everything from a prison breakout to heroes being stuck in Stronghold for some reason. Hard to find, I know, but there's a copy on eBay right now.[/quote']

There was also the brother/sister villain team of Radar and Sonar.

"Stronghold" was a source book/adventure back in...um....the early 80s' date=' I think. First edition, maybe second. It had villains like Ripper, Thok and...um...a couple of others I can't remember. Basically it was the first detailing of the superprison, with rules for holding cells and such. There were several adventure subplots, everything from a prison breakout to heroes being stuck in Stronghold for some reason. Hard to find, I know, but there's a copy on eBay right now.[/quote']

Actually, Thok wasn't in it. However, a similiar villain called Insectoid was in it...along with Freon, Radar, ESPer and Sonar.

Rob

I have found it. Unfortunately, it won't ship to Europe. £$%& Yankee ebay sellers, thinking US is the center of the bloody universe :mad:

There was also the brother/sister villain team of Radar and Sonar.

I wonder where are thay now? The original ideal for them was rather good. Of course, my write-up of them asumed that thay were on the lam from excaping for years, and have developed a rather un-sibling-like love for each other.

I wonder where are thay now? The original ideal for them was rather good. Of course' date=' my write-up of them asumed that thay were on the lam from excaping for years, and have developed a rather un-sibling-like love for each other.[/quote']

Last I saw of Radar and Sonar, they appeared in an issue of Dennis Mallonee's Champions comic in the late '80's. Dennis's "Heroic Publishing" comic company may still own the rights to them.

Actually, Thok wasn't in it. However, a similiar villain called Insectoid was in it...along with Freon, Radar, ESPer and Sonar.

Rob

Hey! I know it was Thok! I have the friggin' book right he---

Hmm. Well, look at that.

Heh. Darn bugs. They all look alike after a while.

Last I saw of Radar and Sonar' date=' they appeared in an issue of Dennis Mallonee's [i']Champions[/i] comic in the late '80's. Dennis's "Heroic Publishing" comic company may still own the rights to them.

I don't remember exactly who was credited with the creation of Radar and Sonar, but I do remember them from Heroic Publishing. Thay eventuly joined Madam Synn's "Enimies" sindicate, which later became the Scarlet Squad (and cosisted of Red Rapier, who in my version is slowly dieing of AIDS, and Oger...two energy projectors, one martial artest, and one brick). As far as I know...Hero still owns Oger. Do thay still own Red Rapier, Radar, and Sonar?