Girl Fight: The Talent Scout

phydaux

I'm going to revisit my classic Girl Fight thread from a year ago.

Last year I picked female characters from the comics. The rules were no powers and no gadgets - a straight-up, Grrl fist fight.

This year the talent scouts are looking for somethuing a little differant. This is going to be a full, super powered knock-down drag-out. All powers will be fully used, and each fighter will know in advance who they're fighting next. The fight will take place in a special arena.

And the contestants will be nominated by YOU!

Here's the catch - They must be 350 point characters from the official Champions universe. Each character must be from an official supliment published by Hero Games.

So start submitting names! I'll start:

The first two contestants are:

Christine Saunders, aka Icicle

and

Bethany Duquesne, aka Witchcraft

Re: Girl Fight: The Talent Scout

Icicle has been around for a long time, but isn't a bonafied heavyweight. She might hold her own early in the compatition, but she can't go toe to toe with the Big Girls.

Witchcraft is in a similar boat. She just isn't made for trading punches. Her Helpful Witcheries make for a big advantage, but this is more than offset be her debilitation lack of conficence AND her well know weakness to extreem tempratures.

Both of these girls have the name recognition to draw a crowd, but neither of them have the chops to make it to the finals.

Two girls who may have what it takes are Danica Two Bears, aka Warpath and Maxine Walters, aka Black Diamond.

I note it's a special arena. Special in what way? The environment will greatly help certain characters. If it's like a jungle gym, then an acrobat might have an advantage over a brick (all other things being equal).

Also, are characters from Digital Hero allowed? I suspect not, because you've referred to supplements.

Off the top of my head, I can't recall too many 350 point female characters in the books.

Danica Two Bears is one of those "one dimentional" fighters. Her bow and arrows give her a tremendous advantage if she can keep the range open, and her Commando Training helps her when her opponent closes. Unfortunatly she suffers from having most of her attack powers wrapped up in her bow, and her limited number of trick arrows. So long as she can dictate the terms of the fight, she's got it made. But as soon as she starts having to react to her opponent's actions, then she's in trouble.

Black Diamond has everything a woman needs to win this compitition. She's tough, and incredibly strong. Without even seeing the rest of the line-up, I'd say that Black Diamond is the favorite to win this compitition.

Our next two nominees for the compatition are an old timer and a relative new comer.

First up is Lisa Anderson, aka Blue Jay and Corazon Valenzuela - Corrie to her friends - aka Sapphire.

Blue Jay and Corrie are two good supers to be nominated in the same round.

They can both fly, although Blue Jay is faster AND can cut tighter circles.

They can both project power blasts, but Sapphire's Stun Bolt has taken down some of the toughest customers in Millennium City.

I asked these girls what they thought about the compatition. Blue Jay said "There's no doubt about it - I'm going to win it all."

When I asked Corrie she said "There's no doubt about it - I'm the best looking girl in the compitition."

Because of her Stun Bolt I'd like to give Sapphire the nod here, but a comment like that makes me think that Sapphire doesn't have her mind on the compatition. That's not so bad when you have the likes of Defender and Ironclad to back you up, but when you're fighting one-on-one with the someone like The Black Diamond, that attitude just might get you killed.

As we are reaching the end of the talent scout portion of the event, two more supervillainesses are added to the list:

Tara Lemick, aka Lady Blue and Margie Preston, aka Riptide

Lady Blue is very similar to the other two blue supers in our line-up, Blue Jay and Sapphire. She flys, she projects energy blasts and she's got good defences. She's nearly as fast as Blue Jay, and she's just as aerobatic. Plus, her battle suit, force field and and martial arts allow her to go toe to toe with Black Diamond. Unlike Sapphire no one has ever doubted Lady Blue's focus or intensity, and many people say she's just as cute, or even cuter, than Sapphire. I prefer blonds myself, so naturally I agree.

Riptide is fairly new to her superpowers. Many people feel she doesn't have the experience or confidence to make it in a compatition like this one. While no one would dispute that Riptide has more raw power than someone like Icicle, most people would say that, since Icicle has been around so much longer than Riptide, Icicle would walk away with an easy victory. There's no doubt, however, that Riptide's combination of water form and drowning attacks could give her a win against even someone like Black Diamond. Much like Witchcraft, this compatition is mostly mental for Riptide, and without a doubt her toughest opponent is herself.

So far our talents scouts have given us thses nominees:

Icicle

Witchcraft

Warpath

Black Diamond

Blue Jay

Sapphire

Lady Blue

Riptide

That's eight, and eight is enouh for a tournament.

Most other female supers in the Champions Universe are either many more points, or powerful psions. And that's a road I just didn't want to go down.

So the question now is:

1) Is there anyone on the list who really doesn't belong there?

and

2) Is there anyone missing from the list who belongs there?

I know from Champions Universe that the current Black Mask is a female, but I don't own Viboria Bay so I don't know how many points she's built on.

Anyone?