Looking for Additional Spiderman Web Powers

Elbandit

Howdy!

I am currently running a Champions game in which one of the players is playing a spider-man rip off. The problem I have run into is a lack of additional things to do with his webshooters. We have purchased all the Web Projector powers (Gadgets and Gear) and now I am stumped.

So HERO Fans, I ask you for help in answering what else can be done with webbing?

Re: Looking for Additional Spiderman Web Powers

Swinging (generates the swingline) of course.

Entangle attacks--and not just one basic attack. There are several possible variants.

BASIC ENTANGLE -- web the guy's feet to the ground, or wrap him in webbing so he can't move.

SENSE ENTANGLE -- webbing in the eyes to blind him

ENTANGLE TO FORM A WALL -- fill a doorway or window with webbing

STRETCHING to reach things far away and yank them closer (or maybe TK with severe limits on what you can do)

Spidey's usual bag of tricks includes:

Entangle

Flash/Entangle(sight)

Swinging

Web Missiles/Blunt attacks(forms a weighted ball on the end of a webline and hits people with it)

Web Shield - just what it sounds like. He makes a shield from his webbing.

Web Net - used to cushion/break falls by spinning a net

Clinging for objects(used to hold cameras and such in place)

Object concealment(webbing objects up and hiding them, especially clothes)

Stretching - uses his webbing to grab onto other things/people and pull them closer

Rarer Tricks

Web Parachute(build as gliding)

Web Hang Glider(build as flight, takes a lot more fluid)

Web Cannon(he has, but rarely uses a shoulder cannon that basically functions as an AOE entangle by spraying the equivalent of several tubes of webbing over a large area)

Webline - used to string over an area to clothesline pursuers

Webbing Repair - occasionally uses his webbing to temporarily repair things/hold them together

Web Globe - build as an opaque forcewall that covers one hex, including the top

Object creation - on occasion, Spidey builds some other object(such as a harness to lower people with)

Do not let the monkey have a VPP!

:)

Gah, no! I would not inflict a VPP on the player or myself. Based on the suggestions, I found some intreasting Web Powers. I won't add any of the flight powers (parachute, Hang Glider) to the character because he has gliding wings built into his suit.

I have used the following powers from printed sources:

Webline (Gadgets and Gear)

Web-grab (Gadgets and Gear)

Web Blast (Gadgets and Gear)

Webbed Up (Gadgets and Gear)

Web blast (Gadgets and Gear)

Sight Flash (Gadgets and Gear)

Web gag (Gadgets and Gear)

Web Bubble (Gadgets and Gear)

Web Shield (Gadgets and Gear)

Safety Pillow (USPD, pg 218) - Web netting to catch yourself or others

Putting It Back Together (Online USPD) - Fixes objects

Stuck On You (Online USPD) - Sticking things to other things

Here are the original ones I did up:

Launching the Spider: Leaping 40" (40 Active Points); Must have structure and proper space to launch from (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2)

Gumming Up The Works: Suppress Technological Devices 8d6, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (60 Active Points)

What do you guys think of the two above powers? Are they correct? Am I missing something?

How would one build a web harness power that allows the character to lower other characters down? For that matter how would one build the effect/power from Spiderman II where spidy caught the car in mid air with a web?

Here's an alternative suggestion for a Web Shield, that I've used for my own Spider-Clone...

The Gadgets And Gear method uses Armor as the base power for the Web Shield. The "problem" with using Armor is, you have to keep the points for the Armor allocated in the Multipower as long as you keep the Armor up.

This probably isn't what you're after. For Spidey's web shield, he spins up a shield of webbing, and then he can use it until it's destroyed. He doesn't have to constantly allocate part of his webbing to maintaining it. It's a "continuing effect" power (like Entangle). Once created, it should stay around on its own, freeing up the Multipower to do other things.

Also, the Ablative Limitation isn't exactly the right feel either, IMO. With the standard Ablative, the shield, once created, would get gradually shot away by attacks, but once gone would be completely gone... you wouldn't be able to use it again until some GM-determined interval of time passed.

So, to avoid these issues, what about this little trick...?

Web Shield: Entangle 3d6/5 DEF, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Acts Like A Shield (the shield can be Grabbed like an OAF, the character must be aware of the attack, etc.; -3/4). Real Cost: 22

To create a Web Shield, the character simply Entangles himself! The character isn't hindered by his own Entangle, because he has Personal Immunity to it. But anyone attacking him must go through the Entangle's DEF and BODY as per the normal rules for attacking an Entangled target. When enough BODY is done to destroy the Entangle, that means the shield has been chipped away completely.

Since Entangle (unlike Armor) is an Instant Power, you can shift your Multipower to other functions after using this. Likewise, if your shield is destroyed, you can make a new one by simply Entangling yourself again. :)

For the Web Blast power, I like to set the dice of the EB so that they equal the character's STR damage. (In other words, the "Web Blast" is really just creating objects for the character to throw and do damage with. ;) )

Unlike the webshooters in G&G, my character's are based around an END Reserve instead of Charges. The character has a 50 STR and 50 Active Point Entangles. Therefore, her STR costs 5 END (personal), and her Entangles cost 5 END (from END Reserve).

So another thing I've done with the web blast, to get the feel just right, is apply Increased END Cost: 2x END. And since the SFX is that she's creating a "ball" of webbing she can throw, the 10 END for her 10d6 EB comes 5 from her personal END (same as her STR), and 5 from the END Reserve (same as one of her Entangles). It doesn't just make her tired or drain the reserve... it both makes her tired (because she has to use STR to throw it) and drains the reserve (because it uses up web fluid). :)

Web Shield: Entangle 3d6/5 DEF' date=' Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Acts Like A Shield (the shield can be Grabbed like an OAF, the character must be aware of the attack, etc.; -3/4). [b']Real Cost:[/b] 22

But, but...

Ooooh, me liiiikkkkeee....

One I haven't seen: The trick where Spidey catches the thrown bag of gold coins and launches it back at Doc Ock. Build as Missile Deflection / Reflection, Thrown Objects Only.

He can use his hands and feet for Deflection (knocking away clock parts on his way back up the tower), but needs his web shooters to Reflect (Reflect is probably bought seperately).

I like Elbandit's spider launcher, though I'll call it Web Catapault or some such.

As far as webbing up machines, just Entangle them. The Entangle needs to be removed to use the object again, and unlike using Dispel, it using Entangle won't break the foci which is appropriate to this type of attack/effect.

As far as webbing up machines' date=' just Entangle them. The Entangle needs to be removed to use the object again, and unlike using Dispel, it using Entangle won't break the foci which is appropriate to this type of attack/effect.[/quote']

That is why I used an uncontrolled suppression power as opposed to dispel.

I did not know you could entangle objects. coool.