Haalkitaine Hackers in Shadow World

Traxx

Re: Haalkitaine Hackers in Shadow World

Shadow World was way cool. I just wish it'd had as much FH stuff as it did Rolemaster, but even if it had none, it'd still be pretty usable.

Hmmm...maybe that can be the next place for my players to go to...

As I understand it' date=' Western Shores, the setting in the previous edition of Fantasy Hero was part of Shadowworld.[/quote']

Not that I know of. I haven't read Western Shores material for ages though but I can't remember anything hinting such a thing.

In the introduction to the "sample campaign setting" section of Fantasy Hero, it had something to the effect of "if using shadowworlds, Western Shores is located on the continent of xxxx" . But I can't remember more than that (will have to look at at home).

In the introduction to the "sample campaign setting" section of Fantasy Hero' date=' it had something to the effect of "if using shadowworlds, Western Shores is located on the continent of xxxx" . But I can't remember more than that (will have to look at at home).[/quote']

Ah!

The Western Shores can be incorporated into the Shadow World by placing the continent 3000 miles northwest of the continent of Palia...

You got me intrigued so I already had the book in my hands :)

Ah!

You got me intrigued so I already had the book in my hands :)

... but looking at the map of the eastern hemisphere of Kulthea, it doesn't seem to make sense. 3000 miles nortwest of Palia there is already Kelestia. There is no room there (or in the sea between Palia and Kelestia to put the 3000 miles stretch of the Western Shores.

I believe that Heirax's Site has a section dedicated to Shadow World.

Follow the [Compilation] "to Fantasy Hero Conversions & Adaptions" link in my signature.

Cheers

QM

You don't have any signature that I can see... Maybe it is one of my settings..

Ah the memories...I once ran an epic campaign on Kulthea. I had FH packages for dragon lords, K'taa Viir, and other sundry Shadow World goodies. The only thing we ever struggled with was converting the Shadow World/Rolemaster magic into Hero system. Perhaps with the new FH and the Grimoires I'll start a new version....

Converting the Shadow World magic system to Hero is something I'd like to do in the future. Next time I run a major Fantasy campaign, it will be using the Shadow World setting...

speaking of which, has anyone seen the newest offerings from ICE as far as Shadow World is concerned?

Actually, until you mentioned it I had no idea Shadow World was being reprinted. Intriguing. But I'm behind on my Hero purchases already, so Shadow World will have to wait a bit.

Hopefully this incarnation of SW will be more consistent than the original. 66% of the original SW books were excellent, and the other 33% were useless crap. There was no middle ground, it seemed.