Say somthing clever... PLEASE!

RDU Neil

Re: Say somthing clever... PLEASE!

Well, unless I'm misinterpreting your point, technically this is the default way that TK works now. :) It's a Constant Power, and according to the description of Constant Powers you can make additional attacks on successive Phases on the same or different targets while maintaining the effect on previous targets, as long as you pay END for each attack you do. So, in the case of TK you could grab and hold/squeeze one target, and next Phase grab another target while still holding on to the first one, and again and again.

This feature of Constant Powers has been bothering for a while, in fact. I've seen some other rather unbalanced-looking effects from this, like a low-level Suppress that keeps accumulating every time a target gets hit with it, or a Force Wall set up with multiple layers like the skin of an onion.

Truth to tell, my Adder approach is actually more radical than what I described in my previous post. I treat all attacks with Constant Powers (including Strength-based Grabs) as affecting only one target at a time as the default. To do more successive attacks you have to buy the doubling Adder for those powers or for your Strength. In the case of Strength it also confers the other benefits of Extra Limbs. I call this the "Extra Attacks" Adder.

The way I have always limited TK when grabbing multiple items is by saying that each use of the power is a seperate activation of it, so you need to spend END to maintain grab ONE and pay END to use grab TWO: it is not just 'on' like strength, where you only pay END once for as many uses as you can cram in. Doesn't help if you've bount it to 0 END but that limits the value of the TK without significantly increasing the combat efficiency so I don't feel too bad.

As for saying something clever, probably not going to happen buy I can say something difficult:

I'm not a pheasant plucker

I'm a pheasant plucker's mate

I'm only plucking pheasants

'Cause the pheasant plucker's late

...does that count? :):)

Just so you know that's sadly not my quote' date=' it's from one of my favorite Oingo Boingo (the greatest band ever) song, "Change". Which is some of Danny's finest lyricism ever.[/quote']

And I repped you for it :)

Which reminds me, I haven't had Elfman lyrics in my sig for a while...

The way I have always limited TK when grabbing multiple items is by saying that each use of the power is a seperate activation of it, so you need to spend END to maintain grab ONE and pay END to use grab TWO: it is not just 'on' like strength, where you only pay END once for as many uses as you can cram in. Doesn't help if you've bount it to 0 END but that limits the value of the TK without significantly increasing the combat efficiency so I don't feel too bad.

Interesting... dealing with Tk similarly to a Sweep (where you still pay END for the STR on each target/strike).

Do you charge that for maintaining, or just making the initial grabs?

At what point do you stop being a Rival and turn into a Hunted?

I figure that's up to the Hunter. For me, hunting someone takes way too much time, effort and resources. Let 'em come to me... I say. I get the points for 'em, and they do all the hard work! :)