Say somthing clever... PLEASE!

RDU Neil

I need some other people to rep so I can get back to repping those that REALLY deserve it. :) The more on topic to Hero Systems Discussion, the better.

Those of you who are my arch-enemies (or to whom I have become a nemesis) you have to be REALLY clever... but you can earn rep too! :D

Re: Say somthing clever... PLEASE!

Another sad sad commentary on the state of affairs eh Neil?

Something clever?

Touch Flash is soooooooo nasty.

What character concept can you devise that actually has a rationale for getting this?

OTOH:

Atemi Strike 4d6 Flash (Touch) No Range seems like a real good power to add to my Wuxia wire fighter NPC in the GGU.

The most underused new ability IMO is positive Rep. Getting a couple extra dice on PRE attacks is huge when most people don't have a PRE over 18 or so to resist.

Our Hero: "Alright. Everyone OUT OF THE POOL, exist stage left, no pushing! NOW people! The bad guys aren't as nice as I am!"

Norms: "Yes, master."

I thought Rep. was a Disadvantage?

It is...

But it is also a perk...

When the effect would be detrimental to the character, it would be used as a penalty (based on the disad), and if it would be helpful to the character, then the perk takes over.

I know, this wasn't very clever.... I am not in a very clever state of mind... :(

I thought Rep. was a Disadvantage?

It can be, of course, but under 5E it can also be a Perk that adds to your Presence Attacks under certain circumstances. For example, a Reputation for being a casual murderer is definitely Disadvantageous when the police are looking for you; but when you want to scare someone into coughing up what they know, it can be a real benefit. ;)

Clever and HERO System related, huh? Gee, I don't know if I've got something that I haven't already posted and you haven't already seen, Neil.

Well, let me try this:

I noticed that the cost of the Extra Limbs Power is the same as that for the Doubling Adder for most Powers - 5 points. Following that logic I've been allowing characters to buy double the Extra Limb uses for each additional +5 pts. This isn't necessarily double the number of limbs, but double the additional applicable uses for extra limbs as per the description of the Power: holding onto someone who's Grabbed, performing simultaneous actions, etc. Not attacks.

I noticed that the cost of the Extra Limbs Power is the same as that for the Doubling Adder for most Powers - 5 points. Following that logic I've been allowing characters to buy double the Extra Limb uses for each additional +5 pts. This isn't necessarily double the number of limbs, but double the additional applicable uses for extra limbs as per the description of the Power: holding onto someone who's Grabbed, performing simultaneous actions, etc. Not attacks.

Ok... rep on the limbs thing because it made me think of something else I keep meaning to look up, ask about.

TK: In the past, this very VERY powerful power I was pretty much a stickler on... that bought flat it basically allowed you to do only what you could do with your own two hands... but at range and with the STR level bought.

For example... without AE or something, you couldn't grab more than two items... or you had to stack item like you would boxes in your arms, or whatever. What about under 5er? With TK... can I have unlimited number of things "grabbed" if I make a successful roll on each one, one action after another... or is there still a limit on how much base TK can hold?

To LL's point... would an adder of "extra limbs" but on TK allow you to grab and hold multiple objects... as long as you made multiple attacks.

Example: I grab and hold one thug on segment 2... on segment 4 I grab another and hold... on segment 6 I grab another... etc.

Basically.. if I have four arms... I have four equally strong arms, and can exert my full strength through each arm... just not attack with each one in the same action. Can the same be said for TK?

Just a wonderin'.

That was cause you are cheezy and needed the points for Double Deadly Blow. :rolleyes:

Clever = You know you misspelled Something in the thread title :bmk:

I said "clever" not confusing. :)

So if you gain some advantage from Rep, did you bear fruit in the Perk?

But enough of this witty rep-party.

I said CLEVER... not witty! :)

Anyway... I'm out of rep for today. :no: I'll get back to you all tomorrow.

What about under 5er? With TK... can I have unlimited number of things "grabbed" if I make a successful roll on each one' date=' one action after another... or is there still a limit on how much base TK can hold?[/quote']

My impression, after posting two questions to Steve, is that you can hold as many people as you want, and use your full TK strength on each one. But, you are limited to a single "arm span" for each individual grab.

You can see the questions and answers here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28516

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28570

To LL's point... would an adder of "extra limbs" but on TK allow you to grab and hold multiple objects... as long as you made multiple attacks.

I think that would be interesting, but apparently unnecessary in light of the broad interpretation Steve gave me. Instead, you could probably take a limitation of -1/2 or so for TK limited to one "arm".

Whenever I find that I need to 'spread' some rep around, I just start repping at random, or spread out what I read and see if anything is deserving of rep. I don't often frequent any board other than Hero System Discussion, so I might drop into the Champions, Star Hero or other genre boards. As a last resort I'll lurk the NGD, where I might find something...

I need some other people to rep so I can get back to repping those that REALLY deserve it. :) The more on topic to Hero Systems Discussion, the better.

Those of you who are my arch-enemies (or to whom I have become a nemesis) you have to be REALLY clever... but you can earn rep too! :D

I've spent 2 days just trying to get caught up to the rep I owe you. The system either says I need more before I can rep you or I'm repping others too much in 24 hours. :)

I've spent 2 days just trying to get caught up to the rep I owe you. The system either says I need more before I can rep you or I'm repping others too much in 24 hours. :)

It's occasionally taken me a week or more to spread enough Rep around to rep someone I thought deserved it. And that's repping other people twice or more each day I'm on. Then again, this last time I was in the middle of a move and wasn't on for 4 days, so maybe that doesn't count.

It's occasionally taken me a week or more to spread enough Rep around to rep someone I thought deserved it. And that's repping other people twice or more each day I'm on. Then again' date=' this last time I was in the middle of a move and wasn't on for 4 days, so maybe that doesn't count.[/quote']

5 times/day you can rep. Though I'm not sure how it figures when it resets. More than 5 in a 24 hours period is my guess. You then have to rep 20 other people before getting back to repeat on someone. So it's possible to rep the same person every four days.

I've been reserving reps for getting knocking a couple others off the front page, adding rep to the "official" hero folk, and newbie catapult.

Ok... rep on the limbs thing because it made me think of something else I keep meaning to look up, ask about.

TK: In the past, this very VERY powerful power I was pretty much a stickler on... that bought flat it basically allowed you to do only what you could do with your own two hands... but at range and with the STR level bought.

For example... without AE or something, you couldn't grab more than two items... or you had to stack item like you would boxes in your arms, or whatever. What about under 5er? With TK... can I have unlimited number of things "grabbed" if I make a successful roll on each one, one action after another... or is there still a limit on how much base TK can hold?

Example: I grab and hold one thug on segment 2... on segment 4 I grab another and hold... on segment 6 I grab another... etc.

Basically.. if I have four arms... I have four equally strong arms, and can exert my full strength through each arm... just not attack with each one in the same action. Can the same be said for TK?

Just a wonderin'.

Well, unless I'm misinterpreting your point, technically this is the default way that TK works now. :) It's a Constant Power, and according to the description of Constant Powers you can make additional attacks on successive Phases on the same or different targets while maintaining the effect on previous targets, as long as you pay END for each attack you do. So, in the case of TK you could grab and hold/squeeze one target, and next Phase grab another target while still holding on to the first one, and again and again.

This feature of Constant Powers has been bothering for a while, in fact. I've seen some other rather unbalanced-looking effects from this, like a low-level Suppress that keeps accumulating every time a target gets hit with it, or a Force Wall set up with multiple layers like the skin of an onion.

Truth to tell, my Adder approach is actually more radical than what I described in my previous post. I treat all attacks with Constant Powers (including Strength-based Grabs) as affecting only one target at a time as the default. To do more successive attacks you have to buy the doubling Adder for those powers or for your Strength. In the case of Strength it also confers the other benefits of Extra Limbs. I call this the "Extra Attacks" Adder.