Frogs and Witchcrft

HeroGM

a friend and I got together yesterday just to play aroudn with combat, me playing Defender, and later on Witchcraft and Ironclan; him playing the villians (Pulsar, Photon and Foxbat + 2 "viper" agents).

Defender vs Pulsar...Defender won but not after being knocked out and having to chase up to Pulsar. OK, I probably played the character a little foolishly, I admit it. I did kick Pulsar's @$$ at the end of it (move by's can be so much fun).

But he was just supposed to be the diversion to what was really going on across town w/ Photon and Foxbat...Defender shows up, knocks out the two agents and calls for backup from Witchcraft and Ironclan. They show up a few round into fighting Photon and Foxbot.

Now understand..the GM had a nice big plan dealing with them escaping, powering up a "death ray" in the parking lot and watching the heroes squrim as mass destruction rages about them (then again, this is Foxbat's plan so how much destruction can there be?).

Welll.... what happens.....while looking over Witchcraft's sheet I notice the "man to frog" spell...and procede to use it on Photon the heavy hit..make the hit, do just a little over double her ego and poof..she's a frog. Pretty much ruining the GM's master plan of mayhem.

Now I'm banned from playing Witchcraft (sigh).

i AM that petty GM! that game was just another example of how those pesky superheroes do nothing but cause trouble. one day my plan will come to fruition, and the champions will pay! (now lapse back to reality.) he's not really banned from playing witchcraft, although i might have to eliminate some spells ; )

Originally posted by tabascojunkie

i AM that petty GM! that game was just another example of how those pesky superheroes do nothing but cause trouble. one day my plan will come to fruition, and the champions will pay! (now lapse back to reality.) he's not really banned from playing witchcraft, although i might have to eliminate some spells ; )

Oh, well, that's a horse of a different color. :)

Still, I think it would have been funny to see the glowing frog fly off... but that's me. :)

Originally posted by tabascojunkie

and just to correct my friend, it was the Ultra-Super-Mega-Champion-Killer Cannon, not a measly "death-ray"!

Foxbat built it so I wouldn't be suprised if it shot out soap-bubbles on a roll of 11-

• 2 weeks later...

There's a reason Transform has a stop sign next to it. On the second page, second colum, it has comments about adding or removing abilities with the Transform -- something about needing 1 extra Body for every 5 points the character has in powers. Considering I prefer to keep Powers separate from Skills separate from etc. etc. etc., I'd certainly have added a few BODY to Photon for purposes of Transforming him!!

Unless, of course, his powers are all Foci...