Please Suggest Names for a Hulk Tribute Character

humantorch101

Re: Please Suggest Names for a Hulk Tribute Character

i was going to suggest brute

but how about BRUTEFORCE ( for some reason i see him pared with a intelligence draining mentalist named IGNORANCE)

for some reason i fidn teh idea of him having a short normal name kind of appealing. especially if it was an abreviation or child like nick name of his normal identities given name.

"you made BOB angry now BOB smoosh you puny man"

Angry Teenager? Or just Angst for short? :)

GOB - either for Greatly Overpowered Brute/Bonehead/Beast, (though, in a previous group it stood for Generic Oriental Badguy)

Amok is great, but is in San Angelo: City of Heroes, which several members are aware of. It also suggests a mental imbalance, though Amuck, while similar, doesn't, meaning murderous frenzy, or to rush about wildly; lose self-control.

Behemoth is my preferred name for a Hulk-like character (though I don't go for certain things that annoy me with the Hulk).

Juggernaut is a good name, though Marvel has used that one also (though they didn't create it). Jagannath is another version of that name (or Jagannatha - lord of the world).

Berserker might be relevant if he's a "life makes me mad" type.

Is your Hulk-tribute character going to be the dumb, angry one, or a smarter one?

Some powers would include rapid healing (which they didn't give him until after the Hulk/Wolverine "meeting"), Aid to STR (when enraged/berserk), superleap w/Megascale advantage.

Mighty Quinn - would give you a song already.

Behemoth is my preferred name for a Hulk-like character (though I don't go for certain things that annoy me with the Hulk).

Gives you trouble if you have old V & V scenarios, though. My age may be showing, but that's one of my favorite Supers scenarios ever...

Gives you trouble if you have old V & V scenarios' date=' though.[/quote']Never heard of him. I only played V&V once, there weren't many known playing it where I was growing up.
My age may be showing....
It is. I can tell you're 39, just by looking in the upright corner.

Gives you trouble if you have old V & V scenarios' date=' though. My age may be showing, but that's one of my favorite Supers scenarios ever...[/quote']

Behomoth was also a member of the Champions in the Fuzion era. that should cancel the fond memories...

Xemnu

(and a No-Prize to anyone who remembers why)

CLAIMED Reason listed below in white font - highlight the line if you want to see, or don't if you don't want the spoiler.

Xemnu was billed as "the Hulk" in his first monster comic appearance.

[Ahhh...fond memories of early Defenders and especially that old Hulk Annual (#6 IIRC)]

And I didn't need the Internet. You young whippersnappers don't know how to discuss comic book trivia. Why in my day we didn't have "comic stores". We had to scour the newsstands. In the driving sleet. Uphill al the way. BOTH WAYS!!!

And I didn't need the Internet. You young whippersnappers don't know how to discuss comic book trivia. Why in my day we didn't have "comic stores". We had to scour the newsstands. In the driving sleet. Uphill al the way. BOTH WAYS!!!

Hey! Quit calling your elders names! Good for you that I'll forget this exchange like I forgot the Journy into Mystery title.