Sideart Constitution Request

Tech

Am I the only one who'd love to be able to download all the wonderfulful, color sideart figures we see on the left side of the Hero Games board? Steve, is there anyway that:

We, the people, of the united Hero Games boards, might form a more perfect collection for our players to view, establish tranquility in our players, insure peace for GM's, provide for the common happiness of viewers, promote the general welfare of posters, secure the blessings of the players and future GM's, do request a possible .zip file for this united Hero Games boards.

Well, howabout it Hero Games? :D (hope) Anyone agree?

As for the above, well, it just kinda popped into my head.

I would love to be able to download them without the pesky blue circle that covers their feet. Since we can already save the jpg from the side panel it would be FANATASTIC if HG put them up (complete) as downloads in a zip file.

Count me in - and the people from the "Coloured Pictures" post in the Champions discussion board!!

So Ben/Steve - what's the official stance?

Actually what I think would be particularly cool would be full-page color illos in JPG or PDF format (the former in one ZIP file), for GMs to hold up and say, "this is who you see." :) Each download can represent one or two books for the same setting.

(Normally I'd vote for published books along these lines, but I do understand how this would be prohibitively expensive from DOJ's POV.)

Originally posted by Sketchpad

Or how about using the color pics for standees? :)

I would prefer the bigger better resolution pictures because "standees" are easy to make if you have good quality images to begin with so they don't lose too much detail at reduced sizes.

It would also be fun to create several versions of the pictures showing them slowly getting beat up!

Originally posted by Celtic Cowboy

Maybe even if the purchasable templates for Hero Designer had a more expensive version available for sale that had the artwork, would be nice to print out Firewing with his picture on the page. :-)

Woo there Cowboy! ;) If you have the picture you can simply insert that into HD without getting another version of the templates.

Originally posted by Celtic Cowboy

Maybe even if the purchasable templates for Hero Designer had a more expensive version available for sale that had the artwork, would be nice to print out Firewing with his picture on the page. :-)

You know I have had no intention whatsoever of ever buying the templates. I'll never use more than a fraction of the characters. And I can just enter the ones I will myself. But if this idea were implimented and decent quality color images of the characters were included I would probably pick them up.

Originally posted by Hermit

Darn it, I definitely need to look into buying that thing.

Yes. Yes you do. ;) I will mention that there is a planned version 2 coming out in December, but I would buy the current and that one. We want to support Hero Games and Dan Simon the programmer after all.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by bryanb

Hi Steve,

Any further progress with making the sideart pics complete and downloadable?

Thanks

Go get the FH Playtest Document and let it consume your every waking moment like the rest of us. The sideart will take care of itself if HERO Games suddenly makes a fortune as legions of disaffected D&D wogs flock to the greatness which is HERO once FH hits the floor at GenCon*. Then the company can afford to give away art snips by the fist full. This is our chance to make FH 5e the best incarnation of FH yet!

*Well, a guy can dream cant he?

Originally posted by Steve Long

It's under consideration. Further news as the situation warrants. ;)

Thanks, Steve! We know you are very busy with Fantasy Hero and other projects and appreciate giving it the some thought.