Weird (and probably dumb) question.

Yamo

Complete, Multipower, slot 1- HKA, slot 2- HKA usable at range, one charge.

Simple, HKA, special effect allows to to be thrown based and being aerodynamic balanced item.

Yes, that is the thing about a harpoon, they were nearly always connected by a rope. Also, note that in modern times, harpoons are not necessarily thrown. They are often shot from a gun. So, you'd want RKA, possibly with a -1 to OCV to simulate the fact that the rope would tend to pull it off a bit.

For buying the rope, I'd say 15" Stretching, No Non-combat, No Stretching Damage, Only to Grab, Linked to KA, Only if KA Does Body, No Manipulation, No Lifting.

Then for the barbs on the harpoon, buy Clinging +40 STR, Linked to KA, Holds at 10 STR per 1 BOD That The KA Does.

The damage of the Harpoon itself, if jabbed or thrown, should probably be about the same as a Spear, 1.5d6k, -1 OCV, 10 STR Min. If shot from a hand-held gun, I'd give it a 2d6k, STR Min 10. If it is one of the big ones shot from an emplaced gun, I'd say about 2.5d6k - 3d6k.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

all other advantages and limitations as per Real Weapon rules

And here we see just how worthless the "real weapon" limitation is. I've hit my target with my Real Harpoon; now what? Does it count as a grab at range? Stretching? How does the victim get off the harpoon, does he use STR or make a CON roll or what? If so, how much STR? Does he take more damage getting off the harpoon? Can I inflict more damage by yanking on the line?

In my world, you get what you pay for.

So if you've bought the ability to do continuing damage (possibly with gestures: must tug on line) then yes, you can do ongoing damage. If it's built as a grab and stretching, then instead you could use the STR involved to do "squeezing" damage each round unless the opponent uses his STR to break free like someone might from a normal grab...

Opps! I should have been more specific.

Here's what I was trying to do:

Barbed harpoon with a line attached. It harpoon does BODY, it sticks and target automatically takes damage again if it's pulled out. A few minutes and a successful Paramedics roll could remove it without further damage, though.

Sounds like a HKA at Range with a linked HKA on a Trigger that only fires off if the harpoon is forcefully removed.

But couldn't the Linked attack miss? That would make no sense, since pulling out a barbed harpoon should cause damage automatically.

Originally posted by Yamo

Opps! I should have been more specific.

Here's what I was trying to do:

Barbed harpoon with a line attached. It harpoon does BODY, it sticks and target automatically takes damage again if it's pulled out. A few minutes and a successful Paramedics roll could remove it without further damage, though.

Yeah, that's what I figured you wanted; that's what I was trying to give you. So, drop on a 1d6k Penatrating, Continuing, again linked to the first RKA. That should do the trick, more or less.