martial art

steph

Re: martial art

You would have to buy it for each maneuver. But there are other alternatives.

As mentioned above, you sould simulate the maneuvers in a Multipower, each slot having Autofire.

You can also try using the Sweep Maneuver. This would give you an OCV penalty for each shot past the first, reduce the DCV to 1/2 and use a full phase to perform. To make it work more like Autofire, you can buy the Rapid Attack Skill, which would make the Sweep maneuver only a 1/2 phase action. You can buy DCV Levels with the Limitation "Only With Sweep". You'd have to double your DCV for this to work though, so that when halved it equals your total DCV. Then you just buy CSLs with the Sweep maneuver (3 point levels so that you can use it with any maneuver). This may end up being cheeper (or about the same cost as) buying Autofire on the maneuvers, and is actually more useful because it applies to any HTH maneuver, not just the marital ones.

Hmm. I believe 2-point CSLs work if bought for "Sweep." Not sure on that. I think I saw some FAQ material on it at some point. I'll have to go searching....

I'm pretty sure it's 3 per to use Sweep with any Maneuver/Attack. Otherwise you could buy 2 point levels with Strike and be able to apply them to all of your normal attacks, weapons, powers etc. Then again, if you can only use the level for a single maneuver while Sweeping, it's the same cost as just buying a level with that maneuver (which you'd get no matter how you used that maneuver)...

Mmm... still, 2 points seems a bit cheep... let me know what you find in your search.

I'm pretty sure it's 3 per to use Sweep with any Maneuver/Attack. Otherwise you could buy 2 point levels with Strike and be able to apply them to all of your normal attacks, weapons, powers etc. Then again, if you can only use the level for a single maneuver while Sweeping, it's the same cost as just buying a level with that maneuver (which you'd get no matter how you used that maneuver)...

Mmm... still, 2 points seems a bit cheep... let me know what you find in your search.

On page 397 of 5ER it has small section in the right border titled:

COMBAT SKILL LEVELS WITH RAPID FIRE AND SWEEP

A character could buy 2-point CSLs just to improve his OCV with Rapid Fire or Sweep. ...

It goes on to say that 3-point CSLs could be applied to DCV as well but points out that, according to the DCV Checklist on page 372, any DCV bonus from levels when perfoming a Sweep would be halved.

HM

Hmm. I believe 2-point CSLs work if bought for "Sweep." Not sure on that. I think I saw some FAQ material on it at some point. I'll have to go searching....

Definately true. And, you can use these with any manuever that is used in the Sweep.

I would personally say this is "ba-roken", and wouldn't have any problem with a GM that required 3-point CSLs for this.

On page 397 of 5ER it has small section in the right border titled:

COMBAT SKILL LEVELS WITH RAPID FIRE AND SWEEP

A character could buy 2-point CSLs just to improve his OCV with Rapid Fire or Sweep. ...

It goes on to say that 3-point CSLs could be applied to DCV as well but points out that, according to the DCV Checklist on page 372, any DCV bonus from levels when perfoming a Sweep would be halved.

HM

This is driving me nuts! It looks like it's time to buckle down and save $50.

You might also look at buying an Autofire HA' date=' pay a point to use it with your art and pay for it by forgoing most of the DC's you'd normally buy.....[/quote']

I bben thinkin again....

Flying fists of the monkey king:HA +4 D6 Autofire,REnd>1/2, 26 points or so

Mad monkey Kung Fu 22 points or so...I working off the top of my head

Fast strike +2 0 10D6

Offensive strike -2 +1 12D6

Flying dodge 0 +4 Full move,dodge

Defensive block +1 +3 Block

Martial throw 0 +1 8D6 + v/5

+1 usable with Flying fists

Monkey agility skills

Acrobatiics

Climbing

Breakfall

+3 with Monkey agility skills

Total cost around 67 points, then add in "Kung fu master" abilitys and your ready to destroy yet annother game while making your assault on heaven...:)