light saber color signification

steph

Re: light saber color signification

I wish I could remember the Star Wars supplement that had the different colors for LightSabres, but I think it covered the reason for the red ones (given earlier). However, the colors were limitless (obviously this had to be an RPG supplement and probably unofficial as heck) ranging from yellow to white to topaz and so-on. The most interesting twist (literally) was the use of bi-crystal sabers of different colors to create different blade effects. One was the "Barber-pole" saber with two colors twisting around each other and chasing upward from the hilt. My favorite was the "Lava-lamp" sabre, where one color seemed to lazily "ooze" to one end of the sabre then back to the hilt (whoever thought that one up was on some good Nigh-borg, man) :doi:

Guest Major Tom

lets not forget about the great scottish jedi knights and their light cabers

AAARRRGGHHHH!!

You should be flogged with a Ferengi neural whip just for daring to post

that joke.

Major Tom :whip:

Anyone see Foxtrot in todays Sunday comics? Speculation (played out with action figures) about why Anakin turns to the dark side... One theory... Obi Wan gives him a pink lightsaber and he snaps :D

I liked the Emperor -- "No one will call you Ani again."

By Trobon:

"Official Word from Lucas was blue is for Knights/Padawans Green is for Masters and Red is for Dark Jedi. Therory was that purple was for Form VII Masters."

That's not true, firstly, look at the scene in epII with yoda and the younglings, equal numbers of blue and green sabers amongst the little kids. Obi-wan, a master, uses a blue lightsaber. Several other Council members use the blue swords as well.

Besides, green came about do to the Blue saber not showing well against a blue sky will Rotoscoping in Return of the Jedi. Blue/Green/Purple mean good, Red means evil.

Official Word from Lucas was blue is for Knights/Padawans Green is for Masters and Red is for Dark Jedi. Therory was that purple was for Form VII Masters.

Could you point me to where this is 'Official'? I work for them and have never seen this in any internal memo or design doc.

The only thing Lucas has cared about as far as lightsaber color is red is bad guys, blue is good guys, green shows up against a sky background and purple is SLJ's personal request.

Everything else is EU and Fan fiction.

Could you point me to where this is 'Official'? I work for them and have never seen this in any internal memo or design doc.

The only thing Lucas has cared about as far as lightsaber color is red is bad guys, blue is good guys, green shows up against a sky background and purple is SLJ's personal request.

Everything else is EU and Fan fiction.

Yeah, myself and a couple of others mentioned this already, but you know how people love to speculate.... :joint:

Actuly if I remember right I read that in the Episode 1 companion or some other Episode 1 book... Unfortiounatly I can't find it now... of coarse I never really did trust the book, just thought it would have been the "Official" word. Again that was before Episode 2.

Truthfully I don't care about what the colors mean. I wish Plo Koon Had gotten an Orange saber in Episode II Like he has in Jedi Power Battles. That would have made him the COOLEST jedi ever. I use him in all of my RPGs just because ever since I've played that game I've loved him as a jedi.

Now the darksaber... if that hadn't been a battle station it could've had a lot of cool possibilities. I am currently running a campaign with two people. 1 is a human Jedi and the other is a Tradoshin Jedi. We've had lots of fun with the "Darksaber" Which is a black lightsaber that maks everything dark around it as a lightsaber makes everything light. It has the ability to turn off other sabers when it touches them and when its activated a HUGE burst of dark side energy pours off from it.

Guest bblackmoor

It's funny how we can find fun in something as completely meaningless as lightsaber color (I admit it: I find it fun, too). It must say something about the human mind.

Truthfully I don't care about what the colors mean. I wish Plo Koon Had gotten an Orange saber in Episode II Like he has in Jedi Power Battles. That would have made him the COOLEST jedi ever. I use him in all of my RPGs just because ever since I've played that game I've loved him as a jedi.

Now the darksaber... if that hadn't been a battle station it could've had a lot of cool possibilities. I am currently running a campaign with two people. 1 is a human Jedi and the other is a Tradoshin Jedi. We've had lots of fun with the "Darksaber" Which is a black lightsaber that maks everything dark around it as a lightsaber makes everything light. It has the ability to turn off other sabers when it touches them and when its activated a HUGE burst of dark side energy pours off from it.

:rockon:

Aww yeah!

I remember a few years back when I was trying to run a WEG Star Wars game, I ended up with only 1 player :( So I made an N/PC that I played and added character points and the like to during play. My player was going for Jedi so I made a random colour table up (I don't remember what I used for it) but for fun, one of the colours I put on there was black. The funny part was that the player was working on a three crystal saber and in his exploration he gets one green and two black crystals. He wanted green so my N/PC traded the crystals with him after a bit, and made himself a black lightsaber.

I called it the shadowsaber because it looked like a shadow swinging through the air.

*sigh* I miss those days.

Guest bblackmoor

When people in this thread first said "black", I was imagining the very dark purple that I associate with "black lights". I like that much better than the idea of a lightsaber which is actually black. I don't even think that would be possible.

(Wow, are we geeks, or what? :thumbup: )

When people in this thread first said "black", I was imagining the very dark purple that I associate with "black lights". I like that much better than the idea of a lightsaber which is actually black. I don't even think that would be possible.

It would likely not be possible. But, that was half the fun. Doing things that just didn't make sense was, and still is fun.

:o

Maybe not to make a black "lightsaber" But a dark side artifact called the "darksaber"...

When people in this thread first said "black"' date=' I was imagining the very dark purple that I associate with "black lights". I like that much better than the idea of a lightsaber which is actually black. I don't even think that would be possible.[/quote']

As opposed to the oh-so-realistic regular lightsabers? :) If ILM can draw it in a computer, it's possible.

Proudly. :)

This will start up to non-standard lighsaber fans again but..

In a book I saw last night ("The Art of Revenge of the Sith" or something like that) there is a CONCEPT drawing of Plo Koon with a battle gauntlet looking thing that had 2 short light saber blades sticking out like claws. About 2 feet long, parrallel and green. This was just concept art so might not show up in the film but it will be food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Major Tom

Speaking of non-standard lightsabers, the only time I remember coming across

one in any part of the Star Wars background material was in the Jedi

Academy trilogy of novels that came out a few years ago. One of Luke's Jedi

trainees, who was under the influence of the disembodied spirit of a Sith Lord,

had constructed a lightsaber using knowledge given to him by the Sith Lord.

With the particular crystals (three in all) that he used to construct his saber,

it wound up having capabilities that standard sabers lacked (for example, this

particular saber had the ability to lengthen its blade at the touch of a button).

Now that I think about it, there was an issue of Marvel's Star Wars comic

in which Luke cannibalized his lightsaber in order to create two separate light-

sabers, one with a shorter blade than normal.

Hmmm... Jedi Florentine Saber Fighting MA Skill. Now there's an interest-

ing thought.

Major Tom :cool:

Guest bblackmoor

In Splinter Of The Mind's Eye (the original sequel to Star Wars, before all this "Episode IV" nonsense), Luke adjusted his lightsaber to make a small, thin blade roughly the size of one of those coffee stirrer straws. He used it to cut through a lock.