Something we should all look into..

Jkeown

I use DAZ|Studio for superhero and Fantasy renders when I'm stuck for ideas, or do not have time to draw one. I think a lot of folks would benefit from having this program. The basic program ( and a tiny bit of content) is available for free from daz3d.com but a vast amount of content is for sale all over the web. I shudder to think what I've spent lately on it...

Here's a sample (The Destructionator, based on Daz's FREAK model):

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15098&stc=1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Something we should all look into..

Since I know the program rather well, and have spent so much money (and ya'll shouldn't have to...) I'll take a few requests for character art. Let's see if I can turn anything in... I'm best set up for Manga/Anime style stuff, but ask away.

I'm looking for visual aides for a character I recently created. Can you do lizardmen? I have what I describe as an 8' tall over 400 pound tailed lizardman brick hero. He has a long tail but it's not prehensile, only usable for balance, swimming and beating. The head will be the hard part, I'm thinking. The snout isn't the long croc/gator mouth its more reserved but still elongated. I'm thinking its all perched on a squat, thick neck. You kow, all brick-like. :)

The only other detail I think I'm keen on is his chest, abdomen, torso area. I'm thinking it should have a different look and texture than the scales on his back, much like the underside of most reptiles that ocurr naturally.

Sound like something you can do, please?

Could you render this character in your program?

A tiny yet stunningly beautiful girl who physically appears to be about 14 years old, Elena is 147 cm tall and weighs 45 kg; most people would describe her as elfin. She has a lithe and obviously athletic figure with the broad shoulders and sleek musculature characteristic of world-class gymnasts. Elena has the full lips, triangular face and high cheekbones common to many ethnic Russians. She has gray eyes and a fair and flawless complexion with light freckles; she sunburns very easily. Although when she was competing she cut her thick blond hair very short, it is now a full meter long and hangs to mid-thigh. While adventuring she keeps her hair in a ponytail, in normal guise she generally wears her hair coiled up or in a French braid. Her costume is a strapless one-piece white spandex bodysuit cut high on the hips, with an off-the-shoulder woven white shirt belted over it. She wears no jewelry (except a small gold Russian Orthodox crucifix), mask, gloves or footwear.

Black Cat/Felica Hardy might be fun... Not sure how I'm gonna do the fluffy things at her wrists and ankles, tho...

Elena might be easier... she just might appear here in a few hours. I have to do custom clothes by hand with Photoshop and the Catsuit object that DAZ makes.

That one character that Lemming mentions might be fun... hmmm...

As for the Lizard man... I think I can whip something up using a "second skin" type costume...

Black Cat/Felica Hardy might be fun... Not sure how I'm gonna do the fluffy things at her wrists and ankles' date=' tho... [/quote']

I think the character that LM was talking about was his Black Cat, not the Marvel one ...

I think the character that LM was talking about was his Black Cat' date=' not the Marvel one ...[/quote']

Yeah.

Blackcat because when she started she had darkforce powers. :)

I read little enough of the titles that she would appear in to even know who the marvel blackcat was when I started playing mine about 14 years ago.

Well, Lord... I hope this does not offend... Ya been playin' her for 14 years and I hope my vision doesn't... um... suck too much. I don't seem to have an object for a headband... I'll wander Renderosity, Poserpros and Daz3D until I find one and revise the picture... now on to Elena...

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15114&stc=1

It's pretty good overall. If I might request three minor changes: The shirt should connect with the skirt (and if possible show less skin at the neckline); she's not nearly that busty (Elena is a former Olympic gymnast; built like Carly Patterson); and her hair should be a much lighter shade of blond. She looks like a native of Sweden or Norway.

Otherwise that's wonderful. That's a pretty impressive program you're using, and you're obviously skilled with it. (I looked at the website; it's a shame it's so expensive or I'd buy it.)

Well seeing how your doing such a good job on the females see what you can do with this. If you please she is my character in a PBEM game and would like to see her done a little better. She is basically a teenage female Spider Man also on note not pictured in this pic is her tattoo. She has a spider tattooed on her shoulder Don't know if you can do that but hey anything wouold be cool.

Well' date=' Lord... I hope this does not offend... Ya been playin' her for 14 years and I hope my vision doesn't... um... suck too much. I don't seem to have an object for a headband... I'll wander Renderosity, Poserpros and Daz3D until I find one and revise the picture... now on to Elena... [/quote']

Hey cool. Nah I'm not offended, you said anime/manga style so thats what I was expecting. :)

The picture on the left was one I had done originally, and she is very ... harsh.. in body tone, but that was what I was after. The one on the right was a friend (Blaine Taggart, the guy that did the MC8 pictures for DH) saw it, and read her history and did, without even telling me - he said to think of it as "Black Cat the animated series" as it were. So different takes on the character is cool by me. Maybe I'll have her get "anime-ized" by a supervillian for a while. :)

Black Arachne

Not knowing anything about the character aside from appearance and age, I decided to give her a bit of a "Mall Rat" walk... perhaps this is wrong of me... but I tried to make it look like she was walking along, chewing gum for some strange reason.... Now, Jeffy is going to bed...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15120&stc=1

Trebuchet... I'll get right on it...

As for Lemmings Request... I'm getting sleepy... and I used a basic DAZ bodysuit pattern that I hadn't occasion to use before... whatcha think?

Pretty cool. I'm very impressed with the program and your skill with it.

Neat stuff you have there. How good are you at doing villains? Monster villains in particular.

I have a rough of a character that will be appearing in our next supplement for a game I write. Id be curious to see if you can render him/it. I know it’s not your forte but I’d be curious to see what you come up with.

He’s called The Encephalon

Here's the Work In Progress on Lizard Man... Note... this is not the final picture... I'm still playing with the textures and the facial configuration... then I gotta learn how to do a tail... Oh... and here's Hazard... a character of my own design...

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15131&stc=1