5ER question

Zed-F

If I use a movement costing 2 points per increment as a movement form costing one point per increment, how is the movement calculated?

Say for instance, I have the following:

Flight 7", 0 END (+1/2), Usable as Gliding (+1/4) for 24 AP. How many inches of Gliding would that convert to?

Re: 5ER question

If I use a movement costing 2 points per increment as a movement form costing one point per increment, how is the movement calculated?

Say for instance, I have the following:

Flight 7", 0 END (+1/2), Usable as Gliding (+1/4) for 24 AP. How many inches of Gliding would that convert to?

It converts to the same amount of the base movement power. Also, if it was converting Flight to Running (as well as Leaping or Swimming) you would NOT get to add it to your base movement (ex: 6" for Running). In the case of Flight to Running, it just provides another way to get the No Turn Mode advantage applied to your inches of Flight.

HM

In the description of the Advantage "Usable [As Second Mode of Movement]" (5ER, p.124), it specifically says that it has to apply to the more expensive of the 2 powers.

Of course, both powers can have the same base cost too. :)

??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

They said there wouldn't be any new rules, no new anything... :cry: :cry: :cry:

What the hell is this!?!?!?!?

It isn't really a new rule, I think it's just the Usable Underwater advantage that got a bit expanded. It's a minor thing, really.

It isn't really a new rule' date=' I think it's just the Usable Underwater advantage that got a bit expanded. It's a minor thing, really.[/quote']

Don't listen to him, DR. There's LOADS of new rules. There's a new rules section and a bonus CD with extra new rules they couldn't get into the book.

OK, maybe not....:)

(Dont' tell him about the new rules allowing you to expand your force field over people you're carrying. He'll go mad....)

Can I buy my Flight as Teleportation? That'd be cool.

Maybe I'll buy my Teleportation as Swinging, or my Running as Swimming so I can run a race through that lake over there. Is this Advantage at all even useful? All I can really see for it is to make Running work on water (act as Swimming) or Flight work underwater (act as Swimming). I can't really see anything working like another sort of Movement. Except for Teleportation working as Running or Flight, but that's a Limitation.

Don't listen to him, DR. There's LOADS of new rules. There's a new rules section and a bonus CD with extra new rules they couldn't get into the book.

OK, maybe not....:)

Sorry about having a cow (to people still use that phrase... maybe it was changed in 5ER :rolleyes:). It's just that it seemed that there was this HUGE thing right when Mr. Long started work on 5ER about us fans suggesting this and suggesting that and how Mr. Long kept reminding us that there WOULD BE NO NEW RULES, just clarifications and what was included in the FAQ. Except now that it's out on the shelves, there seems to be something new on every page. Not a clarification, but a rule. My the company's own definition, these are new rules, and it just drives me nuts that they made a big deal about how there weren't gonna be any.

No don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with new rules. Some of these new rules are actually kinda nice to have and I like them. I just don't like the surprise of having them when I was promised there wouldn't be any. Kinda makes me feel like we were told to shut up 'cuz they don't need our help coming up with stuff, even though we were asked for suggestions.

Anyways, I better get off my soapbox now. I'll try not to bring it up again if I can help it.

(Dont' tell him about the new rules allowing you to expand your force field over people you're carrying. He'll go mad....)
Yeah, that was in 5E.

Flight 7"' date=' 0 END (+1/2), Usable as Gliding (+1/4) for 24 AP. How many inches of Gliding would that convert to?[/quote']

For the points, I think I would scrap the this idea and do this instead:

Cost Power END

21 Multipower, 21-point reserve

2u 1) Flight 7", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (21 Active Points) 0

1u 2) Gliding 14" (14 Active Points) 0

Powers Cost: 24