A Thread For Random Links

Thrakazog

Re: A Thread For Random Links

Point 5 there has flared up here every now and then.
Case in point' date=' Violet Blue reporting on this years Macworld expo calling a PR person the "saddest booth babe in the world". [/color']

The story: Violet Blue reported on Macworld|iWorld Expo 2012 for ZDNet and wrote an article calling an unidentified woman "the saddest booth babe in the world" (image). In the comments section for the image, Shawn King commented that "the woman didn't look like a booth babe, but a developer manning her booth" and the next commenter tried to identify the woman. Blue's article was given widespread notice within the Mac community via prominent Apple blogger and pundit John Gruber. Blue subsequently ranted in followup and managed to turned it around into a reverse-feminist witch-hunt by Mac fanboys (naming Gruber & King) against her and redefining the term "booth babe". (That Blue originally objectified this woman as a "booth babe" is apparently lost on her). Summary, fallout and perspective. “Saddest Booth Babe in the World” responds

And Point 7 is a given. But I make an exception for Bazza. ;)
Hey I let people be wrong all the time' date=' case in point those who think the Australian Liberal party has any credibility (they are in Opposition). For context: on Monday -- The Showdown -- ex-PM Kevin Rudd will contest the Australian Labor party leadership to get his job as Prime Minister back from Julia Gillard, the person who took it from him.

And I likewise make an exception for physicists (or astronomers hee hee) who are unaware they are stuck in Plato's cave. ;)

Re: A Thread For Random Links

And I likewise make an exception for physicists (or astronomers hee hee) who are unaware they are stuck in Plato's cave. ;)

You think I'm unaware? Some of us choose to stay there, and those fools who venture outside never know the good parts. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...