Who do you trust? Hero Board savants

Re: Who do you trust? Hero Board savants

Agreed. I spent too much time correcting other people's spelling and grammar; it affects my reading habits. No paragraph breaks in a document actually repulses me; I can't bear to look at it. And too many typos will do the same thing. I don't care if you're Shakespeare holding a lost sonnet in your hand; if I can't stomach your abysmal spelling and near-utter lack of grammar comprehension' date=' I'm not going to read your stuff.[/quote']

I hope I'm not that bad! I have a horrible habit of typos of all kinds. Typically, I just think faster than I type, and I have fat fingers and a small keyboard.

Personally, I'm not too picky about other people's grammar, spelling and such. I know there are many Hero fans who simply don't speak (or type) English very well for one. Another, these are informal boards; as long as the point is gotten across I'm happy. Of course, a horrid jumble of poorly thought out gibberish is an eyesore to everyone.

I've noticed this a lot with fanfics (surprise :rolleyes: ). What may very well be an interesting story, with a new look at characters and situations I'd never considered, is lost to my eye for lack of a spell and grammar checker.

Fan fic is different. I consider a piece of fanfic as I would any published work. If an author doesn't take the time to actually work at what he or she is writing then I see no reason to have to work at trying to read it.

• 4 weeks later...

We've done these threads, but I still want to throw in Hyper-man whose opinion I always find interesting even if I disagree, along with so many others named here. Same for Sean (not just saying it 'cause he brought up my name, but thanks, too, for that!) who brings a fresh perspective and is good about challenging...well, anything!

PS - Doc Democracy, too, whom I admittedly do agree with a lot, but mainly I like his approach.

I have to change my earlier answer. There are still not people that I pay 'special' attention to. However, I find myself automatically ignoring all posts by certain people. I would not say it is necessarily animosity, more like I know that I will disagree with what they post.

Guest Black Lotus

Since first coming here a couple of months ago, I think I've gotten the best advice from MitchellS, and had the most entertaining arguments with Dust Raven.

I don't expect to become an "expert" here anytime soon, myself... but hey, you never know. :cool:

and had the most entertaining arguments with Dust Raven.

:D Cool, arguing is one of my most favorite pastimes.... but only if it's entertaining. Everything should be done to entertain... otherwise, people just stare at you like you're some kind of weirdo. :idjit:

I have to change my earlier answer. There are still not people that I pay 'special' attention to. However' date=' I find myself automatically ignoring all posts by certain people. I would not say it is necessarily animosity, more like I know that I will disagree with what they post.[/quote']

That's okay, I still like your posts anyway. :D

Re: Welcome to land of the ignored

There are a lot of people I enjoy reading and/or tustling with on the boards.

Derek Heimforth, Dust Raven, RDU Neil, Sean Waters (TRL to you!), MitchellS, Oddhat, Zornwil. A special note for the kings of polls Hermit and Nexus. And a few that I hardly ever agree with (and in one case I actually think I made his Ignore list) Fox1 and bbrandon both of which often provide a different way of doing things that I might not agree with but I heartily endorse their ability to have a different view.

Hawksmoor

any one but egyptoid, that dude is nuts.

sometimes he doesnt even total up :idjit:

the powers on a character sheet.

sometimes he doesnt even balance a character. :joint:

sometimes he just runs a story and doesnt even :think:

care about the math. how non-hero is that?

No one pays any attention to the Bunny. :weep: But that's OK. That means you'll all be that much more surprised when I unleash my evil plot upon you! :eg:

Seriously though, others have mentioned them, but Heimforth, Liaden, Enforcer, OddHat, Susano, Shrike, and RP Miller all have useful things to say about the game. I always read MitchellS; even though I disagree with him 90% of the time, he's very erudite and makes a good argument. The Llama, of course, since I have to keep an eye on him at all times. Trencher has an interesting way of looking at the world. Amadan, Keith, Tribble, Old Man, 'Bec, TQM, Storn, Secret Master... the list goes on. There's very few people I don't like seeing their contributions.

And of course, Darren, Steve, Ben, and Tina. [/obligatory suckup] ;)

Bill.

Guest Black Lotus

I hear you, Bill. If it's any comfort, I'll be working on converting Mr. Bunny to a Ninja format so that he can live in my signature.

Besides, my surrent sig is too tall and not long enough. Probably hard on the eyes. A nice, fluffy bunny should take care of that.

REading the Boards today, I think I could compile a decent short list by searching posts by Zornwil which say "I can't rep you right now" and checking who he refers to. Add Zornwil himself to the list of names, and you've likely got a pretty good start on a list.

For myself, I've seen a lot of good comments from a wide variety of people, which is why I keep reading the Boards. Agree or disagree with them, a lot of posters here put a lot of consideration into their posts, and facilitate a view of all sides of the issues. So I guess I trust "Herodom Assembled".