Weapon Name for Champions character?

MitchellS

I've decided to steal this wonderful Storn picture and use him as a villain in my upcoming Champions campaign. I'm going to call him Green Ronin [based on the magical green weapon]. The problem is I have no idea what this weapon is called. I can't find a description in UMA or online. "Big Magic Mace" really doesn't sound that exciting. :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Weapon Name for Champions character?

It is a tetsubo (tetsu - iron, bo - staff/stick). As the picture is of a Crab Clan samurai, the green on the tetsubo is jade (jade is a gem that does extra damage to Shadowlands creatures) and probably has jade studs with possible outer surface of jade powder or just made of jade.

the mystic jade tetsubo of demon-thumping

it's actually jade that has been mystically enhanced to be nearly unbreakable (or maybe not, this might not be true, or it's only true when fighting the forces of darkness/corruption/chaos/puppy-kicking ).

or make it whatever you thought of........

it is your character. :bounce:

:celebrate the sarcasm level will now go back to it's normal level. move along, nothing to see here........nothing to see. :fear:

I don't know Japanese to save my life, but if someone could translate, some of these might be cool:

Tail of the Jade Dragon

Emerald Honor

Way of the Giant (cause...dang...he's huge.)

Tetsubo of Justice (if he's a hero or even a villain with some very strong moral convictions, just a different opinion of the definition of Justice.)

"Hisui", IIRC.

Jade Ronin would be good, although Hisuibo isn't half bad, either.

Interesting. I might change the name of the character from Green Ronin to Jade Ronin, and then call the weapon the Hisuibo of [i haven't decided yet, maybe Nai-No-Kami]. Thanks for the info!

Here's a real rough idea of the initial powers of the weapon [subject to change as character gets fleshed out and I decide how powerful I want him to be]:

16 Hisuibo of Nai-No-Kami: Elemental Control, 48-point powers, Restrainable: -1/2

13 1) Hand of Nai-No-Kami: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Armor Piercing: +1/2, 0 END: +1/2; HTH Attack: -1/2, Restrainable: -1/2

16 2) Body of Nai-No-Kami: Armor (16 PD/16 ED) Restrainable: -1/2

10 3) Path of Nai-No-Kami: Teleportation 16", Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Destructive to the earth along the straight path): +0, 0 END: +1/2; Only Along The Ground: -1, Restrainable: -1/2

14 4) Fury of Nai-No-Kami: 2d6 RKA, Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Destructive: Erupts from the earth): +0, Explosion (Cone; -1 DC/4": +1); No Range: -1/2, Extra Time (Full Phase): -1/2, Restrainable: -1/2

Powers Cost: 69

And yes, I know you can't "officially" put armor in an EC but I want some invisible armor for the character and think it's stupid to need to buy invisible force field. :)

And yes, I know you can't "officially" put armor in an EC but I want some invisible armor for the character and think it's stupid to need to buy invisible force field. :)

:think: I would like to ask the opinion of the hero-dom about something :

Do you think OK that a power with invisible effects is restrainable ? I mean if a power is to be restrainable then it can be targeted by some means (HtH or range attacks or specific environmental effects or whatever) then it should normally perceptible by normal folk ...

your thoughts ?

:think: I would like to ask the opinion of the hero-dom about something :

Do you think OK that a power with invisible effects is restrainable ? I mean if a power is to be restrainable then it can be targeted by some means (HtH or range attacks or specific environmental effects or whatever) then it should normally perceptible by normal folk ...

your thoughts ?

I don't agree with the ruling that something that is obvious can't be invisible. To me IIF implies that you have no idea the character has a focus. OIF implies that you know the power is not natural. The fact that you know the power comes from the item should be enough of an advantage. It's stupid when you see comic book characters with a very obvious OIF focus [invisibility suit, belt, etc.] but then you're required to make it IIF because of a new [new meaning 5E addition] rule.

Here's a real rough idea of the initial powers of the weapon [subject to change as character gets fleshed out and I decide how powerful I want him to be]:

16 Hisuibo of Nai-No-Kami: Elemental Control, 48-point powers, Restrainable: -1/2

13 1) Hand of Nai-No-Kami: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Armor Piercing: +1/2, 0 END: +1/2; HTH Attack: -1/2, Restrainable: -1/2

10 3) Path of Nai-No-Kami: Teleportation 16", Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Destructive to the earth along the straight path): +0, 0 END: +1/2; Only Along The Ground: -1, Restrainable: -1/2

14 4) Fury of Nai-No-Kami: 2d6 RKA, Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Destructive: Erupts from the earth): +0, Explosion (Cone; -1 DC/4": +1); No Range: -1/2, Extra Time (Full Phase): -1/2, Restrainable: -1/2

Powers Cost: 69

You can put restrainable on the EC cost and the slot costs? I thought it was one or the other.

How about a multipower? Base and slot cost?

You can put restrainable on the EC cost and the slot costs? I thought it was one or the other.

How about a multipower? Base and slot cost?

Any limitation which goes on the base cost must also go on each slot for both EC and MP.

I know if you put the limitation on the base it affects the slots. My question is on the price break. Does it make the slots cheaper also? I'm asking because it seems like double-dipping to me. But I am a newb. So I am quite possibly confused.

I don't agree with the ruling that something that is obvious can't be invisible. To me IIF implies that you have no idea the character has a focus. OIF implies that you know the power is not natural. The fact that you know the power comes from the item should be enough of an advantage. It's stupid when you see comic book characters with a very obvious OIF focus [invisibility suit' date= belt, etc.] but then you're required to make it IIF because of a new [new meaning 5E addition] rule.

first a precision concerning my comment: my doubt was : if a NPC grabs your PC's weapon (the "weapon bind" maneuver as an example); then your PC loses his armor ("restrainable") as long as he doesn't have his weapon free from his opponent. As your description implies a "persistent invisible armor", i was unsure of your needs or wishes.

second, you don't really answer my question :

An example : is a character with invisible wings "restrainable" in Hero terms ?

About focus, my opinions differs from yours but i don't really want to turn this into a duel of opinions.

I know if you put the limitation on the base it affects the slots. My question is on the price break. Does it make the slots cheaper also? I'm asking because it seems like double-dipping to me. But I am a newb. So I am quite possibly confused.

Yes, it makes each slot cheaper. It's not double-dipping. The slot is limited due to the limitation [it does less than a normal, non-limited power] so each slot gets the price break.

first a precision concerning my comment: my doubt was : if a NPC grabs your PC's weapon (the "weapon bind" maneuver as an example); then your PC loses his armor ("restrainable") as long as he doesn't have his weapon free from his opponent. As your description implies a "persistent invisible armor"' date=' i was unsure of your needs or wishes.[/quote']

Good point, and one I'd need to think about, but I don't see restainable as being any different than if I'd have made the weapon an OIF though.

second, you don't really answer my question :

An example : is a character with invisible wings "restrainable" in Hero terms ?

Wings are never invisible [unless purchased with the advantage] because they cost end. But even if they are invisible, if you entangle someone with invisible wings he still can't fly, unlike someone who doesn't have the limitation who can fly off entangled.

About focus, my opinions differs from yours but i don't really want to turn this into a duel of opinions.

Fair enough. We just have different opinions.

Yes' date=' it makes each slot cheaper. It's not double-dipping. The slot is limited due to the limitation [it does less than a normal, non-limited power'] so each slot gets the price break.

SWEEEEEET! My fencer just got a ton more points. :cheers:

Good point' date=' and one I'd need to think about, but I don't see restainable as being any different than if I'd have made the weapon an OIF though.[/quote']quite different :

"restrainable" : the power can be neutralized by (by default) a combat maneuver or a attack targeted at the manifestation of the power. as such it's like a OAF one's cannot take away from you

"restrainable" : can be targeted in combat, cannot be taken from you

"OIF" : cannot be targeted in combat but can be taken from you out of combat.

Wings are never invisible [unless purchased with the advantage] because they cost end. But even if they are invisible' date=' if you entangle someone with invisible wings he still can't fly, unlike someone who doesn't have the limitation who can fly off entangled.[/quote']

I don't really agree but let's wait for other opinions. ;)