What 5th Ed Champs book has inspired you recently?

Hermit

Okay, I just got my hands (thanks DOJ) on Gadgets and Gear, Hidden Lands, and Villainy Amok. I EXPECTED to be inspired by the latter two, but the first one has me wanting to make a super hero called Spook just so I can use the excellent "Halloween arsenel" on page 53. :D

I've mentioned elsewhere that Villainy Amok's "Big fat caped Wedding" part is one I want to use soon, but I also plan to use one of the "Honey I shrunk the heroes" I won't list WHICH version, because I might spoil something for folks, especially if one of my players is peeking (and shame on you if you are ;) )

Hidden Lands... A guest spot by Archon and/or Kin is definitely in the running.

So, what Champions product has lately prodded muse?

Re: What 5th Ed Champs book has inspired you recently?

Villainy Amok - Towering Inferno Homage VOICE guest stars.

Hidden Lands - Expanding on the Faboulous Five in the Champions Universe Canon.

Gadgets & Gear & USDB - started a new campaign and the players loved it.

Ninja Hero - Because you can never have to many Ninja Attacks. Some of the sub genres are great.

Cheers

QM

I would say the book which has most inspired me was DEMON. There's something about DEMON that makes me want to read it over and over. There must be some transformation spell cast on it. :)

As a GM I think the book I have found the most inspiring was Villainy Amok. There are so many great plot devices in there. I'm already working on some long-term plots ideas for Dr. Graves [i will introduce him as a Professor Hamilton type in my game so he will be a well estabished in the game and hopefully a friend to the PC]. And I do agree that the wedding scenario in the book is priceless. It's exactly the type of cream I'd love to see more of in the CU. I'm glad to see the Fire Marshall package as well. What a great profession for a PC that I have completely overlooked in the last 24 years!

As a fan who just likes to read about the Champions Universe I've found Hidden Lands to be a real joy. I have really been missing just basic CU information and HL is a good step in that direction.

I've been thinking about running Pinnacle's "Neccesary Evil" as a Champs Universe campaign. In it, the super heroes of the world failed at saving us from an alien invasian and have been wiped out. This leaves Earth's super scum and villains to do the job in their own way under the command of a Dr. Destroyer like armoured meglomanic..

CKC has had me pouring over it as a source for npcs and pre gens as well as getting a feel for the villain scene.

Until and Viper as possible looting sites and a rare ally.

Gadgets and Gear to equip villain pcs and for them to loot from the ruins of hero headquarters.

USPD & Gadgets and Gear - I have found that it really facilitates quick character creation. Recently revamped a few 'old favorites' from 4th Classic Enemies using them.

PS. Hermit, the above mentioned revamps will be showing in 'A Game of Chance'.

Villiany Amok was full of inspirations -

Demon - sort of, I really liked the structure of the org and the levels of knolwegde of what was going on.

Vibora bay - I loved the backgroun and concept of the half angel half demon, but hated the writeup.

That is about it recently.

I got a lot more inspiration from The Algernon Files, Foes of Freedom, and Freedom City.

*sigh*

I love HERO, I just don't like the style, tone and approach of the 5th ed CU.

DEMON

However if it wasn't for that book (which I got some time ago) the answer would be zero. The setting/characters in 5th edition have been exceedly boring to me for some reason with only that one exception.

I've stopped buying them as a result. About the only think on the 'look at list' now is the Ultimate Books (for rule options only) and I'll even be examing them closely before lying money down now after TUV proved to be useless.