Does Seeker still suck?

hooligan x

Re: Does Seeker still suck?

If you treat Seeker like a joke, he'll be a joke. Same as Nighthawk.

Personally, I have no problem with either one of them. They both seem like valid comic book superhero concepts. I fail to see how either of their origins is any worse than "geeky teenager get bits by radioactive spider, develops powers, and then makes major scientific discovery" or 99% of other origins in comics.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cool. Actually I made and still make a great deal of fun about the origin presented in the books for Seeker. We just assumed Seeker likes to tell yarns about himself and that story about being an Australian Ninja raised by a Japanese WWII era soldier was just a yarn.

I like this a lot! I wonder what dark secret these absurd tales are concealing? :fear:

For my own campaign, I created my own version of the black-suited Seeker and named him KnightSeeker, at around 650 points (the PC's are in the mid 400's).

My main problem with NightDuck is, you guessed it, the duckbill. Second to this is that he's supposed to replace Seeker's unrealistic origin, so they took Doom's origin and gave him Batman's costume.

Guest WhammeWhamme

For my own campaign, I created my own version of the black-suited Seeker and named him KnightSeeker, at around 650 points (the PC's are in the mid 400's).

My main problem with NightDuck is, you guessed it, the duckbill. Second to this is that he's supposed to replace Seeker's unrealistic origin, so they took Doom's origin and gave him Batman's costume.

Hey. What is, fundamentally, the real difference between Doom and Batman?

Who they blame. And thus, exactly how much they need to upgrade themselves to get their revenge.

You know ... if I thought for one single solitary minute that anybody would actually get it around my gaming group, I would have Seeker be exposed to cosmic radiation during the 4th-to-5th continuity reboot and have incredibly destructive powers that would make Dr. Destroyer wet his armor to witness. :)

Not this again. :rolleyes:

Look at the beak. It is sharp and pointy like the beak of a... HAWK. I duckbill is dull and rounded. It is not a duckbill.

But nevertheless still manages to look incredibly stupid. It's kind of hard to project fear and awe when you look like a goth Big Bird.

Look at the beak. It is sharp and pointy like the beak of a... HAWK. ... It is not a duckbill.

It's a hawk? :nonp: Heh, I always thought he was going with a Raven motif (you know, black and all) but wanted the predator name. Probably another reason I haven't taken him seriously. It's a duck! It's a raven! No, it's a...hawk?

While I haven't used him' date=' I still look at him as a Batman-wannabe concept, but with a ridiculous uniform. Whos is going to take a beak seriously? Foxbat could look more threatening, in my opinion.[/quote']

Acualy, you would take the beak of Condor Joe realy seresly if you were a Galactor agent. (Yes, Gatchaman was an insperation for Nighthawk's costume...othoe not in other ways. It should also be noted that the person who played him diden't quite know what the stelthie martial artest was about, so played him as a more up frount bruser than how he was supose to be...hinch The List.)

Hey Hermit, let's get together and do a duet. We can do a cover on my Seeker song as well. ;)

Aussie Ninja (Sung to Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory")

I take out supervillains

And I still get no respect

I get treated like the in-laws

not a hero like you'd expect

I don’t know why this happens

it's really not that fair

it might be my clothes

or maybe it's my lingo

But it sucks a hairy pair.

I came here to America

Land of freedom and doing right

And the very first thing that happens,

is that I beat Green Dragon in a fight.

Well they tell me that I’m wanted

Yeah I’m a useful guy

I’m a jumping martial artist

I hit among the hardest

Mister kick them in the eye.

I've got it bad, as an Aussie Ninja

I've got no shirt and I'm really cute

I've got no real armor

But I dodge like mad

I’m like Ninja-lite

And I can barely fight.

You ask about the covers

And I have only dread

I've been on about a million

But somone's usually stomping on my head

You ask me if I'm useful

And how the hell am I still alive?

Well, all I can say

Is someone at Hero

Really wanted me to thrive.

I've got no real armor

But I dodge like mad

I’m like Ninja-lite

And I can barely fight.

Each night I go to bed

And I pray that I won't die

I'm not asking for a hand-out

Just no Bullets in my thigh

Steve, I got to ask a favor

And I’ll hope you’ll understand

I really need some combat luck

So I can finally be a man

Staring down Destroyer...

Let me make my final stand

Yeah it sucks, being an Aussie Ninja

It just sucks, being an Aussie Ninja

I've got no real armor

But I dodge like mad

I’m like Ninja-lite

And I can barely fight.

I can barely fight.

Given the champions of 4th ed, only seeker and quantum were anyway half decent as a build.

Defender was pants an a Iron man rip off,

jaguar was awesomly bad, pretty much in every respect

solitair, please hand me a eraser. (mutant telepathic Mystic)

so what that seeker didnt have res def, thats genre, you know the the thing your trying to recreate so you can play in it.

thats a game problem not a character problem.

Personally, I've used two versions of Seeker ...

1) A teen martial artist akin to Robin in the Teen Titans cartoon.

2) Former military-turned-superhero akin to Guile from Street Fighter ... only Australian ;) He doesn't wear the martial arts attire, rather he wears something closer to military gear and BDU pants. Kinda like Michael Dudkoff as a supehero ;)

Given the champions of 4th ed, only seeker and quantum were anyway half decent as a build.

Defender was pants an a Iron man rip off,

jaguar was awesomly bad, pretty much in every respect

solitair, please hand me a eraser. (mutant telepathic Mystic)

so what that seeker didnt have res def, thats genre, you know the the thing your trying to recreate so you can play in it.

thats a game problem not a character problem.

I have to disagree with you. There were only minor problems in the builds of those characters.

As to genre, it's genre for folks like Seeker not to take much body and there needs to be a mechanic to demonstrate that because the combat rules just won't protect you very much. Seeker needed something like Aaron Allston's "You Only Nicked Me!" build.

Combat luck fails on a number of points, for one it assumes you get hit.

two its armour that can be AP or penetrated, in defiance of cl sfx

Well yeah, even Batman and Spidey get hit by glancing blows now and then.

Combat Luck is considered hardened unless sfx issues come up. I don't see the problem.

Acualy' date=' you would take the beak of Condor Joe realy seresly if you were a Galactor agent. (Yes, Gatchaman was an insperation for Nighthawk's costume...[/quote']

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Anyway, tonight I "got to thinking" about Nighthawk's costume and I realized where I originally saw him, but can't remember the name. It wasn't Voltron or Starblazers, but one where everybody wore bird-themed helmets. Dang, I wish I could remember. :think:

...othoe...

:confused:

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Anyway, tonight I "got to thinking" about Nighthawk's costume and I realized where I originally saw him, but can't remember the name. It wasn't Voltron or Starblazers, but one where everybody wore bird-themed helmets. Dang, I wish I could remember. :think:

:confused:

Battle of the Planets - the Americanized version of Gatchaman.