Tacky, tacky, tacky !!!!

SatinKitty

Re: Tacky, tacky, tacky !!!!

Bad OddHat! You bad man! :-)

For the record, Villainy Amok is a great book, well worth buying. You could easily get most of a campaign out of it. It was also great to see Invictus again; he's always been a favorite.

So, thanks Scott. :)

Still, the costume...

;)

Not uploading an actual scan because I'm unsure of the rules' date=' but:[/quote']

And here I thought Nighthawk was bad for wearing a duck on his head -- this guy has a toiletbrush!!!

YOu know the worst part? Part of me thinks the Liberace pic could be turned into a pretty cool superhero...

I've quarantined that part of me to a dark place in my mind.

I've been using this pic for The King of Kung Fu:

Not uploading an actual scan because I'm unsure of the rules' date=' but:[/quote']

Uh-oh. It's even worse than Liberace -- he's dressed as an historical reenactor! :eek:

At least Liberace had panache. And rhinestones. You can't go wrong with rhinestones. Just ask Elvis.

Er, the King of Kung Fu, I mean.

I've been using this pic for The King of Kung Fu:

I remember in a Ninja High School comic there was a villain who was an Elvis impersonator who got magic powers and called himself Spelvis. I wanted to do a write up of him, but I don't know enough about Elvis songs to make it believable. For that I'd need an Elvis fan and how many fans would make an evil version of him?

I remember in a Ninja High School comic there was a villain who was an Elvis impersonator who got magic powers and called himself Spelvis. I wanted to do a write up of him' date=' but I don't know enough about Elvis songs to make it believable. For that I'd need an Elvis fan and how many fans would make an evil version of him?[/quote'] I bet it's easy to get the song lyrics off the net.

Just for the record, what did Invictus' original costume look like? Honestly, I don't remember even seeing this guy before VA, and at one point I had nearly all of the 4e books (obviously, I'm assuming he was a 4e villain).

Personally, I prefer The Engineer, but VA, as a whole,is an outstanding book. As a matter of fact, my players are going to face a trio of automated alien war machines today.

At least they've got back-up. :D

John T

(obviously' date=' I'm assuming he was a 4e villain).[/quote']

He was a 3e villain, and one of the few of those who (what's the word?) hit the imagination of a whole bunch of us.

Look, back then there were a whole bunch of really talented people who were creating villains for us. I didn't actually buy all the books being produced, and, frankly, some of them sucked. I'm talking about both the books and the characters in them. Some of the books included worthwhile characters, and others sucked from cover to cover.

Invictus was one of the good ones.

Citizen Bennie was one of the writers whose failure rate was noticeably low. I only worked that out when I took the time to sit around and list who was created by, err, whom. Or however the grammar works.

That's shouldn't be read as an insult for the rest.

One of my favourite disqualified Champions Universe books is Red Doom. But that was 3e, wasn't it?

I'm planning on starting another thread about how to deal with the 5e Universe. My deal is that my campaign is in Australia. I understand perfectly well the concept of ignoring anything that is inconvenient, but, well, if you can fit it in, it's all good, as the youngsters say, these days. :)

Umm, the stuff about "fitting it in" shouldn't be read in an impolite sense. Or maybe it's worthwhile spending the point on not gettin' old so fast. Your problem. ;)

EDIT: I reconsidered the previous comment, and decided to let it stand. Sorry.

Just for the record' date=' what did Invictus' [u']original[/u] costume look like? Honestly, I don't remember even seeing this guy before VA, and at one point I had nearly all of the 4e books (obviously, I'm assuming he was a 4e villain).

Personally, I prefer The Engineer, but VA, as a whole,is an outstanding book. As a matter of fact, my players are going to face a trio of automated alien war machines today.

At least they've got back-up. :D

John T

Both Invictus and the Engineer originally appeared in 1988's Villainy Unbound, the fifth book in the Enemies series. Invictus's original costume was a black T-shirt with a stylized American flag on it and a pair of blue jeans, nicely drawn by Glenn Johnson (who also did some interiors in Strike Force).

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, thanks for the props. :-)